Suikoden Uncouth and Irrational Kibbutz Old Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

How bout that Beast Rune...?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bright Shield Rune bearer

:)

5591 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2006 6:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I know that Luc didn't had full power of other elemental runes...
But that's irrelavant, we were talking about size of True Runes, and about their 'resize' ability...
Zaleria

1296207 Potch
13650 Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 9:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

To end it all, True runes can resize. Look at Suikoden III, the stolen true runes were stored in vassals wherein they take a size as abig as a head, yet they fit in a bearer's hand.

Tonby, while I'm not in Zexen wrote:

I just noticed that if you turn Zexen Activity Levels into an acronym, it makes ZAL. Oh the irony! =P
Scrooge McDuck

The Flying Duckmen

885377 Potch
161 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 11:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

"Rune" literally means "inscription", so think of them not as a physical object. The True Runes are most probably consist of only of very huge magical energy which represent themselves in the form of recognizable symbols.

When they are beared by a man, the energy flows throughout the man's body. When they are in an orb, the orb is containing the energy.

It matters not what their size actually are or whether they could resize themselves; they do not even have any spatial size to begin with.

Sneaky Paw

6913 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2006 2:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

What happened to my topic?

This turned into another what are runes thing...

I was just curious what you all thought the Beast rune was capable of...

91805 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2006 2:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Since the Beast Rune requires blood sacrifices, and since they already had the Rune of Punishment hurt the user with most spellcasts, I would think that the Beast Rune would kill off another party member at random in order to activate each spell. Then, perhaps the level one spell could be Resurrection, to give players a chance to undo what the Rune does in order to do damage. It would definitely be an interesting concept.

Sneaky Paw

6913 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2006 3:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

See this is the kind of crap I wouldn't initially think of...

It's cool, but in theory it would totally fudge up the chance for any practical use.

It's like... lvl1 spell!!!! Character dies... 100 damage to enemy. You'd need the Res spell.

Sneaky Paw

6913 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2006 3:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

It's cool, but in theory it would totally fudge up the chance for any practical use.

It's like... lvl1 spell!!!! Character dies... 100 damage to enemy. You'd need the Res spell.

Sneaky Paw

6913 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2006 3:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

1296207 Potch
13650 Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2006 11:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Or to add some spice into it, the strength of the Beast Rune spells depend on the total number of enemies the unit or the party has killed. That will be the blood sacrifice. Or else it might just be the same as the Darkness rune's stealer of souls of something like that wherein there is a percentage probability of an enemy unit or event the whole party being inflicted with sudden death status.

Tonby, while I'm not in Zexen wrote:

I just noticed that if you turn Zexen Activity Levels into an acronym, it makes ZAL. Oh the irony! =P
Noah

Sneaky Paw

6913 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2006 1:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

All I can say is... wow. My computer has some issues. Sorry for everyone who saw that triple (!) post there... I know...

Phantom

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2006 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

i really think that is BR just an ordinary true rune i mean with that that u wear him ordinary and that beast is just another ATT that BR can use like it his 4th magic
Call Beast
[need sacrfice 100 blood people]

or something like that...

:P
STeeL

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2006 2:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

If somewhere down the Suikoden game line, as far fetched as it sounds, we saw another fight between Riou's Rune of Beginning and the Beast Rune used by Jowdy... I would have absolutely no problem with that lol. It would be hard to believe, but if they did it I would definately go along with it. The Beast Rune wanders around after being defeated, it has a small history with the Blight family, maybe it seeks one of the last members of the family. It finds Jowy nearly dead in the mountains and saves him, at what ever cost you want to put in.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Suikoden Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: