Suikoden Uncouth and Infamous Kraalesque Old Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

How bout that Beast Rune...?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Noah

Sneaky Paw

6913 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 2:24 am    Post subject: How bout that Beast Rune...? Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I finished Suikoden 2 recently and started thinking about that Beast Rune (what can I say? class is PRETTY boring). I was wondering what it would be like for a character to be able to equip that thing... if the rune is as big as it is on the floor of the chapel in L'Renouille Castle, then forget about it. You probably couldn't fit that rune onto two people to share that monstrosity. But if it could be put into a character... the character would probably become a homicidal maniac, right? A homicidal maniac, with really awesome magic. Really, really, awesome magic.

Check it out, this is what I saw it do.

Left Head. Thunder Fang. 100-some, electric damage to one guy
Right Head. Ragnarok. 200-some, big-ass sword into entire party
Left Leg. Nightmare. Crippling random status attack on party.
Right Leg. Resurrection. Self explanatory.
Rune itself. Beast Storm. 200-some, Ghost wolves sack party.
Heads+Rune Unite. Large Moon. Deals almost 400 to party w/ best eq.

I was wondering how to fit these into a normal rune skill set... just for the hell of it.

1. Thunder Fang
2. Nightmare
3. Ragnarok
4. Large Moon

Think we'll ever get to play around with this rune someday?

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 4:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I haven't thought about how a user would be able to fit that rune into their hand, but I was flirting with some ideas for those skills you listed above that would fit into a normal rune skill set.

1. Thunder Fang: Does 1.5x damage to one target. Target is severly weakened to Lightning magic. Chance of Stun 50%.

2. Nightmare: Silences all targets. Chance of targets running away in fear (it's similar to how an instant kill works) 20%.

3. Ragnarok: Does 2x damage to all targets. All targets bleed (similar to poison effect) for five rounds.

4. Large Moon: Takes the average ATK number for the party, and whatever that number is, will hit all the targets with. (Example: All party members have an ATK of 100. There are six members in the party, so: 100 * 6 / 6 = 100. Target gets hit with 100 damage.)

That was fun. Maybe someone will come up with the idea of how the Beast Rune would fit into someone's hand.

^ Shout out to John Layfield. Thanks for the sig, homes.

Buff

Venus Doom

242611 Potch
0 Soldiers
6886538 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 4:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

well the rune is just way to big for any one to be able to equip it. but then wonder how harmonia brought the rune down to the castle. ontop of that is some one was able to bear it in their body there the rune needs blood in order to activate. so maybe like the rune of punishment which takes your life the best rune will drain your blood.

Devoted protector of Ferid and Arshtat
Calvin

Legions of Zontar-Killers

817540 Potch
25 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 4:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Has anyone thought that that might be just a representation of the rune? It is not inconcievable that the rune might be able to fit itself to a hand or forehead.

I changed the number on my phone so you can't call me up at home, and you can't say those
things to me, that make me fall down on my knees.

AA

Spears of the Sand

366104 Potch
200 Soldiers
3121 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 11:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

You know with True Runes being so powerfull they could probably resize themselves.

Example Star Dragon Sword in the cave of the wind.

See my point?
Eden

Private Godwin Army

560494 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 11:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Therefore the rune wasn't brought, but wandered with his own will to Highland and was only later declared as gift, it has to have a way to get around. A flying object with the size of a royal floor would definitly draw some attention, so I think it could change its size and choose to be on a person's forehead or hand.

The Fool
Buff

Venus Doom

242611 Potch
0 Soldiers
6886538 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

how do we know if it wandered or not. i don't think it was said in the game besides sasari saying it's a gift from harmonia. but of what your saying about it being able to resize it self seems logic. just based on when they get the true rune it seems to be pretty big but once it goes into their body it has to resize itself. i would take when luc extracts the true runes out of the 3 heros and puts it in the sealing orbs. they look to be pretty big.

AA

Spears of the Sand

366104 Potch
200 Soldiers
3121 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 5:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

It's the sameway we know most things, from the post game publications.

Basicaly, Harmonia had the beast rune, Highland was created, l'ren... built, the rune moves to l'ren.. of its own volition, Harmonia to avoid embarrasment say that it was a gift.

thats pretty much it.
Noah

Sneaky Paw

6913 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 9:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Interesting ideas... does the conscience of the Best Rune think of itself as "too good" to limit itself by letting a human/living being control it? The Rune of Punishment obviously thrives on letting humans use it as the high point of it's existence seems to be letting people of all backgrounds burn to ashes in front of it. Obviously, the Beast Rune should not be psychotic, or parasitic, like the R o P. Instead, I thought the Beast Rune considered itself to be above people in general, instead attaching itself to the floor of the chapel, on the highest floor of L'Renouille Castle. Maybe it did this as a sign of dominance... maybe it didn't need a blood sacrifice to be "awakened", maybe it just WANTED it, or just to see if it could control people enough that they would believe that to work. Perhaps it demands blood sacrifice as a tribute, as to say "it wouldn't just work for anyone... like those elementals..." Clearly, there is a higher power behind the Beast Rune, which is why I figured it would be truly awesome if someone could "best it" or whatnot, and end up equipped with it... or at least, maybe there is a "lesser" version out there, like the Darkness Rune to the Soul Eater Rune.

OK... the Large Moon ability looks more awesome than Judgment, and Everlasting Mercy (but what it awesome about 4 anyway?). It's probably a close tie with Hungry Friend, or Forgiver Sign, all 3 of which are, you guessed it, unique to Suikoden 2. It looks like an "evil" version of Shining Light (Bright Shield's 2 spell) with a gigantic highly detailed moon appearing over the party signifying their demise, or at least, making sure one (or two) characters spend the next round curing.

Legions of Zontar-Killers

817540 Potch
25 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 9:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Using Suikoden III as an example, I'd say it would be possible to "best" the Beast Rune, assuming you had two true runes already, and knowledge of the Sindar technique, as certain fellows in that game did.

But, maybe I'm wrong, as surely Harmonia had knowledge of the technique, and they were unable to stop the Beast Rune from leaving.

I changed the number on my phone so you can't call me up at home, and you can't say those
things to me, that make me fall down on my knees.

Zaleria

1296207 Potch
13650 Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2006 9:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The Beast Rune, if my memory serves me right, is in a little orb in the Highland castle of L'Renouille. When Leon spilled his blood in the beast rune sign in the floor of the said castle, the spirit or something like that made its way to a little orb. That orb is the true rune of the beast.

As for Beast Rune's stubborness to be controlled by harmonia, it just shows its animalistic rage and passion.

Tonby, while I'm not in Zexen wrote:

I just noticed that if you turn Zexen Activity Levels into an acronym, it makes ZAL. Oh the irony! =P
Bright Shield Rune bearer

:)

5591 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2006 10:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

yeah, Rune was acctually in the orb.
anyway in SIII when u enter True Fire Rune room, before the test you see a big Image of Fire rune engraved into the floor. So it doesn't matter where is it engraved, or how huge is it, what matters is that runes find bearers by their own will. What conserns me about Beast Rune is where did it end up after Higland's crash.

I doubt that it just stay calm at higland capital L'Renouille.
And yeah, that's what i was thinking lately....
I was wondering if it's Beast Rune who made Luca Blight act the way he acted. He was wild already but i think that Rune add bit to the effect of his madness.
Buff

Venus Doom

242611 Potch
0 Soldiers
6886538 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2006 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Bright Shield Rune bearer wrote:
yeah, Rune was acctually in the orb.
anyway in SIII when u enter True Fire Rune room, before the test you see a big Image of Fire rune engraved into the floor. So it doesn't matter where is it engraved, or how huge is it, what matters is that runes find bearers by their own will. What conserns me about Beast Rune is where did it end up after Higland's crash.

if your gonna take that in case, then you gotta look at the true fire rune is just the higest order of the fire rune where it doesn't have a form. the beast rune is this big ass wolf creature. so it's a big difference if you compare the two and the symbol on the floor.

Bright Shield Rune bearer

:)

5591 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2006 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

But 'big ass' wolf is Rune's incarnation not the Rune it self, ...
In SIII case, at the end, luc has 4 elemental runes and Incarnation of Wind rune... and still Humans can bear 4 elemental Runes ....

And in 2, Jowy and Riou got their Runes from wall on which the Runes are engraved and larger then their hands....

So, i don't think that 'size' of Rune is to be concern about, they obviously can fit on anybody and in anything...

After all Runes are 'gods' of Suikode series, so changing their size is probably minor problem...
Buff

Venus Doom

242611 Potch
0 Soldiers
6886538 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2006 6:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Bright Shield Rune bearer wrote:
But 'big ass' wolf is Rune's incarnation not the Rune it self, ...
In SIII case, at the end, luc has 4 elemental runes and Incarnation of Wind rune... and still Humans can bear 4 elemental Runes ....

luc didn't have the full strength of the 4 elemental runes, he just had enough power from them to go on with his ritual. if he had the full power from them then they all most likely would be dead.

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Suikoden Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: