Suikoden United and Infamous Knowledge Old Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Dynatsy warriors?

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Scott

Demon King's Ambition

41 Potch
1150 Soldiers
25 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2006 8:12 pm    Post subject: Dynatsy warriors? Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

So...anyone else like Dynasty warriors?

Who's your favorite character?

When did you get started?

Who do you hate?

Which side do you like?

Which do you hate?

At first, it was all about the spears, but they seemed bland. Then I fell in love with Zhange He's moveset. Now I realize it ain't anywhere near what it could be, so I've kind of dropped him from my favorite list... My favorite character is Probably Sima Yi. I really like his designs, I'm really good with him, and love his moveset. Those purple lasers of his are so devastating to groupd and officers. Plus, just something about beating thousands of enimies senseless using a fan and purple lasers is so darn fun. Plus, in 5, he got the ice orb C1, which is awesome. I fell in love with him in 4. once I realized his mousuo had a homing element, I used him constantly!

I've been a fan of ther series since...I wanna say '03 or so. Started with DW 3. My freind Dione (phamex) brought it over and I fell in love. used to love the spear users for their range, and still do. But eventually I relaized that to me their movesets tend to be a little on the bland side. Goofed around and eventually I figured out who I loved and hated. I thought 4 was okay at best. 4 XL was a huge boost, and 4 empires is quite possibly my favorite DW game to date. 5 was good, 5 XL is great. I'm really looking forward to 5 empires.

I absolutley adore Wei. I know that they could be ruthless at times, but I still like them. I feel like they had the most legit reason to be in charge of the land once the Han crumbled. I also like the characters. Cao Cao's ruthlessness...Sima Yi's intelect..Xu Huang's quest for strength, Cao Pi's arrogance... I just love them all with their unique traits and quirks. Here's hoping we get a few new good wei character is in DW6. I know I want Deng Ai!

Wu? Eh, they're pretty good, but far too obsessed over pretty boys for me. I mean...they have few average characters and 2 that are unatractive...Please. That's just a bit too much for me. Plus, I doubt everyone of tehm had their silly long hair and perfect faces. I'll take my Tashi Ci and Lu Xun please. Plus, the whole "tiger" thing seems to get all too old all too fast. Like in 5XL when tehy ask you to find their pet tiger. So, yeah. Wu is okay..I suppose. Certainly better than Shu.

I've come to hate Shu. Liu Bei never seemed all that virtuous to me, and Zhuge Liang refuses to admit his arogance. something about the way those 2 alone act gets on my nerves...I also don't in general acre for Shu characters. I like Jiang Wei, Wei Yan, and Pang Tong. The rest just seem bland and too bust screaming about virtue to be enjoyable. Plus, I think just about everyone in Shu is rather ugly. Zhao Yun, Zhuge Liang and Jiang Wei being the exceptions.

Anyway. I love being able to fight hundreds of enimies at once in the game. It's a really fun and midnless button masher in the end I guess. But for me it's a very good way to vent when I get angry. Or just have Phamex drop on by and go do Wu Zhang Plains on Chaos mode for the heck of it. :D

So yeah. I love Wei and I love Dynatsy warriors! How about you?
Pierrot Le Fou

Rain Dogs

37957 Potch
0 Soldiers
196054 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2006 8:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Lu Bu definitely, I read up to where he was executed by ol' Cao Cao in an abridged 3 Kingdoms novel, I forget the author. But he's one tough cookie for sure. I don't really like the way he plays though, so my favorite to use is Wei Yan, who they make out to be a devil or something. His move set is just so fun, spinning around, and break dancing with his weapon.

I've been playing DW since part two came to the states. I never bought part 3 though, and I'm not getting 5 because to buy every last edition of the same game is just silly to me. I will buy 6 though, oh yea!

Who do you hate?
Xu Zhu and Dian Wei. They are great figures in history but they are way too oafish. Xu looks like he should be called Baby Hewie or something.

Which side do you like?
Lu Bu's group, for him and Zhang Liao. But of the main 3 Kindoms I usually use Shu, once in a great while Wu. Sun Ce is fun to use, tonfa style is sweet.

Which do you hate?
Wei, and Ye. I hate Yuan Shao and his people. Wei (besides Zhang Liao) doesn't appeal to me I guess.

Anyway though, this game is where it is with mindless slashing. Haha, its very entertaining to me for a while but then it starts to get a bit monotonous. I'm also a fan of the Romance .. games, and I've come to the conclusion that they totally compliment eachother. Romance lacks in action, DW lacks with thought, is one way to put it.
Sydnee

Gender Bender

52300 Potch
10 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2006 9:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I love this game :P

The first one is Guan Yu since he was my first character to play with under Liu Bei. He also got the fastest horse. :D I also like Lu Bu especially with a high leveled weapon. He slash every opponent like crazy! I also love Xing Cai (she was cute and her voice too), Zheng Ji and her sexy figure (kinda weak for battles ^^;) and the rest are the guys from Wu's group.

I forgot when exactly, but I think it was 2 years ago, when I bought my first DW 4. I already played several times before we moved to Canada, I was so hooked playing it. Last year I bought DW5 XL because it was much cheaper then DW5.

Who do you hate?

I oftenly don't play those who have weak weapons. I probably hate Dong Zuo and Zhang Liao. Yes, put Pang Tong too.

Which side do you like?

I play Wu's side better than the rest. Cao Cao's side is good too, but I still prefer Wu over them. I played their side for several times to get the Xiao sisters but I never did get the two.

I also like Lu Bu's side :D

Which do you hate?

Shu. Their group fail to impress me because they don't look like victorious at all. Guan Yu is the only character I like in their group, the others don't actual suck but I'd never like them.

~ Securing the safety of mone---I mean uhh...people of Island Nations ~
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
sybillious

Ebony Moon Knights

981865 Potch
59 Soldiers
60 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2006 9:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

hmm, let's see, i believe a topic like this already exists *channels mighty mod powers.* oh! i'm absolutely right; it DOES exist right here:

http://www.suikox.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1138

now, while searching might be a pain and take some time, it does prevent duplicate threads, so next time, look before you start a new topic.

your local mods will thank you for it; topic closed, further comments need to be directed towards the first DYNASTY warriors thread.

gotta gotta get a...SPICE WEASEL!

to paraphrase my fellow mod, parallax:
I hate my job with the passionately burning intensity of a thousand fiery suns.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: