Suikoden Ugly and Illusional Karma Original Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Suikoden V almost topped the charts in Japan
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
hoonn

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2006 12:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Wow, Sengoku Musou did much better than I had expected! Didn't know the game was so popular in Japan.

The Suikoden series did well in the past over there so I'm not too surprised (although I'm happy that it did well), I just hope it does well here in the states so Konami could make up their minds about Suikoden I + II. Then again... I don't want to buy a PSP.... ;b
Scott

Demon King's Ambition

41 Potch
1150 Soldiers
25 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2006 3:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'm not all that surpsied to see Samurai Warriors 2 did so well. Based on Japanese History and all likley gives it a boost, and hey, the first game was pretty fun. I just wish American game magazine's would admit that the Warriors games are fun.

Anyway! Back to Suiko V. I'm rather surprised it beat out Disgaea 2. I mean, everyone I know here who has played it can hardly wait for 2, and it's at the top of their to buy lists. Maybe it wasn't as big in Japan. I dunno...

I'm certainly hoping sales here surpass what they did in Japan, but with it going against Kingdom Hearts II, I just don't know...All I do know is I am buying Suiko V before anything else. Heck, I traded in my DS to get it!

To relive those Halcyon days of youth
Sami

Liberating Swords

199204 Potch
27 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 12:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Suikoden V didn't do very well, considering all the hype the game has had. Maybe the Japanese players are getting tired of Suikoden, with III, IV and Rhapsodia coming at such short intervals and not really pleasing the players like I and II did. As for why the collection didn't even reach the list, it's not a surprise at all. The two games are constantly available in Japan at cheap budget prices, and PSP games don't tend to sell too well in Japan. Considering that, the collection did pretty well.

As for less than 10,000 sales not being good for games like Ibara... they are. Not every game needs to sell in the hundreds of thousands to make a profit, and very few ever reach that number. For a Suikoden game, V's opening isn't very good, but in general, it's still pretty noteworthy and a good reason for Konami to keep the series going.
Vextor

11331071 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 1:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Suikoden 4 launched at a rather quiet week as well, which gave it a better first week. However, because Suikoden V is such a good game, it's sales probably won't fall as sharply as it did for Suikoden 4. There's also been some shortage and strange logistics issues (such as how Konami favors certain retailers over others and stupid stuff like that), so the circulation of the game is probably not very good. The sales will probably be good, overall; after word reaches out from fans about how the game has lived up to its promise.
Etenralmaiden

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2006 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I think it's all in the "almost" :(
poorguy171

91805 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2006 6:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Won't the sales for Suikoden V in Japan drop sharply once FFXII comes out? I don't know, it looks like a dangerous release period in Japan and in the US.

Stijgende Zielen

53473 Potch
200 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2006 8:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yay for the no. 2 spot for SuikoV! Keep it up! Keep it up!

I've seen previews of Sengoku musou at he local shops here and I admit it's looks pretty good, smooth graphics and all but gameplay-wise, it's not my type...It deserves it's no.1 spot nontheless.
MMan9000

Animal Rangers

3075764 Potch
275 Soldiers
400 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2006 8:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Besides, since Sengoku Musou (Samurai Warriors 2) is about Japan, many people might pick up the game for a bit of history about their country (or something like that...)

Official Smoke Bomb User

Space For Rent. Contact Me for Details
sdballer

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2006 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'm hoping someone more familiar with the Japanes game market can answer this: I understand that Suikoden V dropped out of the top 10 weekly sales in only its second week out. Is this common for Suikoden games or is the game selling very poorly? Thanks.
Himuro

La Morte

844834 Potch
500 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2006 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

It was number 13 this time.
sdballer

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2006 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Do you know what total sales are at?
Himuro

La Morte

844834 Potch
500 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2006 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Someone at gamefaqs said it was 145,000..
sdballer

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2006 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Does anyone know how many copies the other Suikodens sold?
Admiral Ackbar

Seekers of Hawke's Hot Stuff

1008758 Potch
100 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2006 12:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Nope, but I remember reading that Suikoden 4 sold about as much as Suikoden 3.

^Actual quote!
Vextor

11331071 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2006 1:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yep, the sales figures are looking to be far worse than it was for Suikoden 4. Suikoden 4 remained #1 for about 2 or 3 weeks before it dropped to #2. This is because it was released during slow-time.

A lot of fans in Japan are upsate with the sales figure and are making some furious complaints against Konami about their marketing snafu.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Suikoden Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: