Suikoden Uncouth and Irrational Kriegspiel Old Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Remembering Andreas Katsulas (1946 - 2006)

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Elc

Rebel of Babylon

1138266 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 11:44 pm    Post subject: Remembering Andreas Katsulas (1946 - 2006) Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I just learned from a friend today that Andreas Katsulas had died. The news actually comes almost a month after the fact, as he passed away on February 13th of lung cancer.

The first role I can recall seeing Andreas in was the Romulan Commander Tomalak on Star Trek: The Next Generation. With the exception of one episode (out of the four he appeared in) the character of Tomalak only appeared on a viewscreen, but I was instantly drawn to the character.

His most famous role is most likely that of Narn Ambassador/Citizen G'Kar from Babylon 5. Unlike Tomalak on Star Trek: The Next Generation, G'Kar wasn't primarily a viewscreen character (though Andreas has stated that he prefered Tomalak's viewscreen appearances over his one "in the flesh" appearance) and an integral part of the series. Through-out the series, G'Kar had many monologues, which were always eloquently performed and would have made each episode worth watching in and of itself even if the episode was devoid of any action sequences.

Like I said, I've enjoyed his performance (and I believe it was his involvement in Bablyon 5 which caught my interest, along with Walter Koenig's portrayal of Bester) and I have no doubt he will be missed.

Thank-you for the memories, Andreas. May you rest in peace.

"You make me smash the clock and feel, I'd rather die behind the wheel.
Time was never on my side, So on I wait my whole lifetime."
Sage

The Invincible Weeds

803820 Potch
0 Soldiers
2 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 12:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I remember Tomalak from that episode and of course remember G'Kar. He was my favorite actor on Babylon 5 although his character wasn't exactly, but close enough. It's really a sad event, his passing.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Media All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: