Suikoden Utopian and Inspirational Kriegspiel Ontic Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Rikimaru
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Vincent Vingerhut

Knights of Rass Will

156581 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 5:09 am    Post subject: Rikimaru Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

AFAIK, Rikimaru was on a revenge mission during Suikoden II. His destination was somewhere south, Toran Republic or Kanakan. Now I dont quite remember from was told about him in the end of the game, but there hasnt been any other news about it right?

*edited for Suikoden V information*
Buff

Venus Doom

242611 Potch
0 Soldiers
6886538 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 5:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

it would be nice, since i liked his character a lot. but after the war it is said that he went back to kaku. don't know why, maybe it's his home town? but what i would like to know is who was that person that was dear to him died and who killed that person.

Devoted protector of Ferid and Arshtat
John Layfield

Last Literature D-Line

509933 Potch
9300 Soldiers
3525 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 5:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

No, he's from the Toran Republic. He comes from Seika. He probably wasn't heading south otherwise he wouldn't have journeyed from Seika to Gregminster (Where he ate for two days straight, had no money, and so fled the inn during the night) and on again to Ryube in the old City-States of Jowston.

There's been no new information besides what we already know. Out for revenge for someone dear to him who was murdered by someone. That's all we know on ol' Rikimaru.
One day, I shall come back. Yes, we shall all come back. Until then, there must be no regrets, no tears, no anxieties. Just go forward in all your beliefs and prove to me that I am not mistaken in mine.
Vincent Vingerhut

Knights of Rass Will

156581 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 5:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Gives Konami more room for imagination to think of a damn good story for Rikimaru in sequels to Suikoden II, or perhaps another prequel :roll:

You are right he was from Toran, I liked him also very much. Especially because of the way you meet him. Being a bum nearly deing who cant pay for his food and following you because you payed a meal for him, so honourable.
Scrooge McDuck

The Flying Duckmen

885377 Potch
161 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 12:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

It is probably just because he figure out that he would get free meals everyday if he join Riou...

Sneaky Paw

6913 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 11:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I liked that "fake" story about him being "Richard Silverberg", who lost his brother and sister, and swore to kill the Scarletmoon spy "filthy" Sanchez.

It fits pretty much everything... whoever thought of that was pretty damn crazy...

I never thought Rikimaru looked like Caesar...

I thought Caesar looked like Clay Aiken...

The Non-Persian Immortals

500 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2006 4:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

It's amazing how a virtually 'filler' character gains so much press. i think Konami just like giving us a random line at the end of the game (similarily with that of MIke SIII) and watching people come up with crazy theories.

But it would be cool to have him have a quest similar to Clive's in future games.
hoonn

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2006 4:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I hope they unvei Rikimaru's storyline soon. I mean, I love Rikimaru's character, he kind of reminds me of Viktor in some ways. He has this laid back attitude yet at the sametime a pretty strong melee character.
uwangski

Lilly's Loyal Guards

701224 Potch
200 Soldiers
32 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2006 11:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Rikimaru is very useful as he can be recruited in the beginning of the game. His high HP is an asset, but I stopped using him after Luca Blight's death. He was eventually replaced by the likes of Pesmerga, Georg Prime, etc...

In one of my playthroughs, I recruited Georg and Pesmerga on level 99! No cheats!

Jowston loyalists

339093 Potch
55 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2006 11:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

uwangski wrote:
Rikimaru is very useful as he can be recruited in the beginning of the game. His high HP is an asset, but I stopped using him after Luca Blight's death. He was eventually replaced by the likes of Pesmerga, Georg Prime, etc...

In one of my playthroughs, I recruited Georg and Pesmerga on level 99! No cheats!

WTF how is this possible?Maybe you mean you trained them up to Lv99?

Anyway here something funny:after I borrowed my Suiko2 to a friend, I asked him how far he's gotten and he said I just recruited Auron!
And I was like wtf?What the hell are u talking about?And he said well I just paid him his damn lunch!
uwangski

Lilly's Loyal Guards

701224 Potch
200 Soldiers
32 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2006 11:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Chiepoo wrote:
uwangski wrote:

Anyway here something funny:after I borrowed my Suiko2 to a friend, I asked him how far he's gotten and he said I just recruited Auron!
And I was like wtf?What the hell are u talking about?And he said well I just paid him his damn lunch!

What I really meant is that I recruited Pesmerga and Georg and I found out they were level 99!!! No cheats, no leveling up! Some other level 99 characters I found was:

Hoi
Genshu

I dont know about your friend though. I do think he was referring to Rikimaru, as Auron is ofcourse in FFX

Jowston loyalists

339093 Potch
55 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2006 11:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

uwangski wrote:
Chiepoo wrote:
uwangski wrote:

What I really meant is that I recruited Pesmerga and Georg and I found out they were level 99!!! No cheats, no leveling up! Some other level 99 characters I found was:

Hoi
Genshu

I dont know about your friend though. I do think he was referring to Rikimaru, as Auron is ofcourse in FFX

Thats really amazing.

Anyway reffering to my friend:It was just a little anecdote,he compared Rikimaru to Auron because he hast the same fighting stance with his one arm in the upper body shirt or whatever it is.
uwangski

Lilly's Loyal Guards

701224 Potch
200 Soldiers
32 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2006 12:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Chiepoo wrote:
Thats really amazing.

Anyway reffering to my friend:It was just a little anecdote,he compared Rikimaru to Auron because he hast the same fighting stance with his one arm in the upper body shirt or whatever it is.

I see. Someone told me that stance with one arm inside the robe is for a "ronin" or samurai without a master. It also involved the sake he always brings.

However, I find it weird that both of them, being Samurais, uses large weapons instead of the traditional katanas.

Jowston loyalists

339093 Potch
55 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2006 12:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

uwangski wrote:
Chiepoo wrote:
Thats really amazing.

I see. Someone told me that stance with one arm inside the robe is for a "ronin" or samurai without a master. It also involved the sake he always brings.

However, I find it weird that both of them, being Samurais, uses large weapons instead of the traditional katanas.

Didnt know that ,cool thanks bro
Holy Paladin

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2006 12:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

uwangski wrote:
Chiepoo wrote:
uwangski wrote:

Hoi
Genshu

Pesmerga, Georg, Hoi, and Genshu can get recruited at Lv. 99 because of errors in their coding.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Character Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: