Suikoden Unique and Irenic Kibbutz Ontic Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Roland
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
TruePerception

Blind Eye

478325 Potch
1000 Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 5:12 pm    Post subject: Roland Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Maybe I'm missing something, but everyone seems to think that Roland is from the Toran Republic's Elven Forest, but in Suikoden 3, when he is not in someones party, he stands on the bridge between Brass Castle and the Zexen Forest and stares north, saying something along the lines of "ah, my homeland". Due to this, I always thought that he came from the Nameless Lands and that there was an elven forest there somewhere.
Camus the Noble

Les Renés

1056014 Potch
224 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Technically speaking, Roland's origin is unknown. However, the Nameless Lands or the Outlands would seem most plausible, for the reason you listed. And the Nameless Lands are pretty "unknown" (or as some forum members here prefer, "vague") themselves.
HarmonianHiccup

Over-Enthusiastic Archaeologists

1333002 Potch
444 Soldiers
440 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 10:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The only thing I know about the Nameless lands is that Viktor about got Flik killed there. O_o Perhaps we'll find something more about him later on? Maybe they'll release a SuikoIII novel and that'll have a little more in it...

Proud Owner and Operator of The Hiccup's Speciality Grassland Atelier, the only place to find Electric Whiffle Bats!
Camus the Noble

Les Renés

1056014 Potch
224 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 11:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Wasn't that the Badlands, where Crowley and Mazus had their landscape-altering duel? As I recall, that's located near Toran and Tinto.
fuji

9643133 Potch
16500 Soldiers
100 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 12:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yeah, I thought in Suikoden 2 Viktor said he travelled through the badlands and Flik proceeded to say he was almost killed. Or perhaps it was after Suikoden 2 in the canon material that I haven't read...

It wouldn't surprise me that there are more than one elf villages. There were more than one Kobold villages and southern lizards were hinted at in Suikoden 3. That said, I don't know if that's enough of a reason to make the claim. Sure if pressed, Konami will agree because it's always good if it appears they've put a lot of forethought in their games.

___ "That's not much"

"It's enough"
HarmonianHiccup

Over-Enthusiastic Archaeologists

1333002 Potch
444 Soldiers
440 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 12:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Uuuuuh...that's what I meant! Sorry >_< Got 'em mixed up. :mrgreen:

Proud Owner and Operator of The Hiccup's Speciality Grassland Atelier, the only place to find Electric Whiffle Bats!
Jorge Prima

La Raza de Héroes y Protectores de Osito

938390 Potch
1120 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 2:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I could have sworn that Roland was for the village of the elves, but I guss that does sound logical, since he is not facing the Elves villlage. I'm sure that Roland is from a elven settlement from the Nameless lands.(there are settlements all over the world).

J et J

Angelus on Aftershave wrote:
But it stings SO GOOD.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Elzamine

Verse of Vitality

1798792 Potch
500 Soldiers
1 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 8:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Elves are showing up in every game and for various nations, I'm sure there are a lot of elven villages around that we don't know of. People just assumed it was the Toran elf village due to the fact it was the only known one at the time which we've been shown.

-My DeviantArt-
Leon Alucard

Childs of Elminister

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 9:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Couldn't his place of birth be in Zexen?

I mean....his parent may have been baned from elven village, like Paula's mother in S4. Or they went on a travel and his mother gave birth to him in Zexen territory.

Also, the idea of a elven settlement in Nameless Lands or Outlands it's very plausible as elfs settle anywhere as long there's a forest and is peaceful.
Solitude

Fallen Angels

495 Potch
125 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yeah I was just going to point out the elven village in Suikoden 4. Okay sure it was actually more of just a tree but it still proves there was an elvan settlement on that island. This is proof enough for me that there is more than just the elvan village in the Great Forest of Suikoden 1.

Now as for where Roland is from I'm sure its all up to speculation. I don't recall anything in the game and I'm currently reading the manga and they don't say anything about it. So yeah the Nameless lands sound good to me :P
Buff

Venus Doom

242611 Potch
0 Soldiers
6886538 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 7:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

i just talked to roland during thomas chapter and he said some thing like "ah my homeland", then at the end he said " i hope my family is doing well". but so far only elf villages we know about is the great great elven tree in 4, and the village of the elfs in 1.

Devoted protector of Ferid and Arshtat
TruePerception

Blind Eye

478325 Potch
1000 Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 10:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Just as elzemine suggested, just because we haven't seen or heard of other elven settlements doesn't mean that they are not there.

Edit: also, from what we have learned so far in Suikoden, elves tend to be secretive about there settlements, thus more reason we wouldn't know of such a place.
KratosJudgement

Hell Knights

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2006 12:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Is it just me or does Roland look like that guy from Star Trek the guy with pointy ears....
Buff

Venus Doom

242611 Potch
0 Soldiers
6886538 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2006 12:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

guess he does kind of look like spok. same hair style and pointy ears. but rolands ears are longer and more pointy.

Devoted protector of Ferid and Arshtat
Scarlet Assassin

Disciples of Death

331436 Potch
0 Soldiers
2442517 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2006 2:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Nameless lands are plausible enough, after all that seems like a very suikoden thing to do

"We don't have an origin for this weird looking elf...people are going to wonder."

"Shut up and insinuate he's from the nameless lands, honestly Craig it's like I have to do everything for you."

"Sorry Jim, hey did you catch the Lakers game?"

and so on in that vein.

Chief of Beat-em-up Honeys Division, Devoted Protector of Lady Tifa Lockhart
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Character Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: