Suikoden Ugly and Illegal Kraalesque Omniscient Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Aila vs Percival
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Maiazuru

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2004 2:41 am    Post subject: Aila vs Percival Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Would foolish little Aila have been able to kill Percival 'in one blow' as Jacques surmised? What do you think would have happened if she'd attacked him? :D
Lechium

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2004 4:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Depends.
He's off guard, and wears heavy armour, and she is an agile quick fighter in her prime -- she coudl easly sneak stab him in the neck and take him down in one blow. She wears no armous and I'm sure she can make next to none sound whiel moving, as well.
So I do belive she could had taken him down in 1 blow, if it happaned in real life.

P.S. If she shoots him in the back of hsi head than he has even less of a chance -- only in movies peopel didge arrows that are being shot at them from behind at short range. I spoke eralier of the dagger because all archers have an emergency weapon. And since Karayans are hunters she is bound to have a hunting knife/dagger and be good with it.
NoFlyZone

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2004 10:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well it deponds, If Percival didnt see/hear her coming Alia maybe could kill him. But if Percival saw her coming and he did attack her (which he may not want to attack her cause she is just a kid) I think that he would win. Because Alia has no armor which can be a down side or an upside. Because she can move around good without armor but one swing of Percival sowrd could take her down. But Percival has very heavy armor and the only way Alia could kill him with her bow would be to shot him in the head. Which would be hard because Percival would be expecting that so he may be able to dodge or parry it. But all it all I would say the winner would be Percival over Alia... Thanks

NoFlyZone
Icebergin

1500 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2004 10:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I think the whole point was that with a sneak attack, Aila would've undoubtedly killed Percival. But after she killed him, she would be swarmed with Zexen Troops and that would be no contest.

The Dark Ones Own Luck

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
15000 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2004 10:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I agree. Aila definantly could have killed Percival with one blow, he was off gaurd. But, as Icebergin said, they all would have been swarmed and killed by the Zexen soldiers.

9643133 Potch
16500 Soldiers
100 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2004 11:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I think she would've had to snipe him with her bow. Her dagger routine didn't work out to well against Borus.

___ "That's not much"

"It's enough"
Icebergin

1500 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2004 11:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

That's because Aila's about as quiet as a bull in a china shop.

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2004 12:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Actually come to think about it -- she doesnt need to stab him in the head, although that is her best call -- armour usually has holes after all. She can slide the dagger between the two plates connecting.
Most common way to kill a hully armored knight during medeval times was to shoot him in the armpit for example, since there's no armour there. A long knife can be driven from armpit all the way to the heart, if stabbed properly.
But yeah she'll be so dead after she killed him.
P.S. I woul'dnt had minded at all if she killed borus...
Excalibur1027

The Dark Ones Own Luck

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
15000 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2004 12:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Lechium wrote:

Same here.

11331071 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2004 12:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Jacques probably said that just so she would calm down a bit. If he said, "you have no chance!" she would have probably gotten pissed off and take a shot just to "prove" that she is good enough.

Jacques is silent, but he is very good at understanding people's motivations. That's probably why he told Aila that she would be able to take Percival out, but even if she does, she can not face an entire army herself. Through this, Jacques was able to stop Aila without hurting her pride.
Maiazuru

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2004 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:

I personally wouldn't have minded if Borus had killed her.
kuwaizair

blauuurgggh!

174392 Potch
0 Soldiers
1291 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2004 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

*nods* Alia is a good hunter, she could possibly field dress him pretty good to

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Maiazuru

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2004 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well, let's look at this...

Aila recklessly wanted to attack Percival. Her reasons? "He killed my people." Wrong. Percival wasn't involved in the battle at all. But let's put right and wrong away.

She is prepared to run at Percival to try and kill him. Now, from the looks of things, there are a few meters between she and him. If she had attacked, he would have seen her coming. Long enough to draw his sword? No. But long enough to react. Given that Percival and Borus are probably around the same skill level, and seeing how Borus could have easily taken her out BAREHANDED, its safe to assume he would have stopped her.

Now, Percival is much less bloodthirsty than Borus, and even HE didn't do anything. I see the scene as Percival blocking the blow and/or disarming her. Zexen soldiers nearby would hear or see the altercation and stop running.

I wonder if Geddoe could have found some way to calm things down. He seems surprisingly good at it... :D
And1balla

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2004 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Ya, Aila could kill Percival with a sneak attack, but on a one on one battle heads up battle, Percival would win.
Elc

Rebel of Babylon

1137266 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2004 11:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I agree, the only way she could have killed Percival (in one blow, particularly) would have been a sneak attack. As has been stated before, for a close quarters ambush she would need to be stealthy and, as Lulu demonstrated, Karayans aren't the most stealthy. Chris wasn't expecting an attack and just through sheer instinct was able to deliver a single fatal blow to Lulu, before she even knew it was a child attacking her.

Jacques would have to be my favourite character of Geddoe's team, hands down. He may not speak very often, but he seems to have a cool personality when he does speak. Bear in mind that I haven't played through the game for a while, so my memory may be a bit foggy.

"You make me smash the clock and feel, I'd rather die behind the wheel.
Time was never on my side, So on I wait my whole lifetime."
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Character Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: