Suikoden Utopian and Irenic Kosher Old Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Wikipedia - Suikoden Writers Wanted
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
VikiFanatic

Keepers of Balance

Potch
Soldiers
760 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2006 8:59 am    Post subject: Wikipedia - Suikoden Writers Wanted Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Wikipedia - The Free Online Encyclopedia
http://www.wikipedia.com/

I know this may be one of the most known online encyclopedias. But my point in putting this up here is that there needs to be more Suikoden Character articles. Wouldn't it be nice for Wikipedia to have some info of most of them?

Sadly, there are very little characters here and there isn't much to go with. I'm not asking for all of the characters to be there, but it would be nice to have some Suikoden experts take a look at it and get cracking...

As a start, i did an article of Viki. I also noticed that there was an article on Yuber, but none on Pesmerga. Even if it's just the recurring characters that would be fine... Maybe i should start wroking on Jeane.

EDIT: WAAHH! Wikiquote also needs some quotes!!!

Help Wikiquote expand with goo character quotes! Let's make a whole character compendium of quotes! Let's all put it under Suikoden for now. This way, w can just add as we see fit!

Wikiquote
http://en.wikiquote.org/
I've added the wikiquote pages for Suikoden I - IV at the site. Please compile what you can post there by just clicking edit above the title. However, for you to save the changes, you're gonna have to go through a simple test. Anyway, it should be easy! Here are the links!

http://en.wikiquote.org/wiki/Suikoden
http://en.wikiquote.org/wiki/Suikoden_II
http://en.wikiquote.org/wiki/Suikoden_III
http://en.wikiquote.org/wiki/Suikoden_IV

Last edited by VikiFanatic on Tue Feb 28, 2006 11:06 am; edited 5 times in total
Scrooge McDuck

The Flying Duckmen

Potch
Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2006 9:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Hmm... yes, it definitly lacks characters. It would be nice to have even a minimum information about each character there. Maybe the fan of a particular character could add an article about said character?

Keepers of Balance

Potch
Soldiers
760 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2006 9:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I agree... Maybe i should change my title of this topic a bit. It's very much appreciated for people to post some suikoden information they might now. It will be helpful for some fans to use it as well.

Felipe

Intelligent Turtle

Potch
Soldiers
500 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2006 2:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Traz from Kooluk is a great writer. I will talk to him about it. Maybe he will help.

Over-Enthusiastic Archaeologists

Potch
Soldiers
440 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2006 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Hey, I never really thought of this. I should go get on it...

Proud Owner and Operator of The Hiccup's Speciality Grassland Atelier, the only place to find Electric Whiffle Bats!
Camus the Noble

Les Renés

Potch
Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2006 5:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'll get right on it. The Wikipedia section on Suikoden has been in apalling condition for quite some time.
Camus the Noble

Les Renés

Potch
Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2006 9:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Okay, I've made Dragon Rune and Milia articles, but could someone put pictures in them? I had a run-in with the avatar police here at Suikox and am now deathly afraid of linking to images... I'm afraid I'll violate some copyright or something. Could someone who is familiar with such things add in the images?
Scrooge McDuck

The Flying Duckmen

Potch
Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2006 11:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

You can upload the image yourself there. Make sure you provide information of the picture's author, though. Most images from Suikoden has its rights released so it won't violate copyrights.

By the way, does somebody know where I could find some basic information of the first Suikoden's characters (age, weapon and such)?

Spears of the Sand

Potch
Soldiers
3121 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2006 12:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

How about:

here

or here

Or you could just look on this site.

up to you.
Queen

Ghosts of Gor

Potch
Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2006 12:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'll help out with my knowledge of Luc and Sasarai and Harmonia in general.

Disciples of Death

Potch
Soldiers
2442517 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2006 1:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I put up a very basic page for Lucia. If anyone would like to expand upon it, feel free.

Chief of Beat-em-up Honeys Division, Devoted Protector of Lady Tifa Lockhart
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Queen

Ghosts of Gor

Potch
Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2006 2:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Is there a thing against expanding on a section that already exists? I'm not sure even though editing is open to the public.(even if you don't have a login name)

Keepers of Balance

Potch
Soldiers
760 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2006 3:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I believe it's okay for one to expand it. But please be wary of what you put in. Though it is recommended for you to sign up for added bonuses in editing it. Thanks very much for the support. I'll start working on ones for my other favorite characters. Just make sure to put them in the appropriate categories!

Oh yes, and you CAN upload a picture in wiki. Just make sure you know what to put there. That includes it's creator and and must have the line {{fairusein|nameofpage}} just so you can put it there without any problems.

Scrooge McDuck

The Flying Duckmen

Potch
Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2006 4:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I have added a Kasim Hazil article. Oh and, Camus the Noble, I have added Milia's picture on your article.

Ghosts of Gor

Potch
Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2006 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I expanded on Sasarai. If anyone sees something that should be added or corrected, feel free to do so.

I'll add Luc later today.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Advertisements & Fun Links All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: