Suikoden Ugly and Illegal Kibbutz Oblique Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Suikoden Disc
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Punishment_xmas

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 4:42 am    Post subject: Suikoden Disc Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Suikoden V 1 disc or 2disc or 2layer
I hope 1 disc
melange

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 4:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Its probably just one disc... judging from the fact that the *cough*illegal*cough*torrents*cough* of the game are only about 3.7G or so large... :|

"The waters of the Faytus River are cold, you know..." ~ Miakis
Anyone else notice that Lyon's weapon = overglorified switchblade?
Leon Silverberg

The Strategists

13318 Potch
489 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 5:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

It's only one single-sided PS2 DVD. I never thought that it would come as a double-sided DVD or 2 DVDs.. If that would be the case, we've heard of it from Japanese guys that already have it..

Nevertheless..the game will probably be big/long.
They decided to rebuild Suiko 1/2 graphics in 3D and that won't take so much space on a DVD, seeing how much they had packed on a CD in psx times in suiko2. I mean..look how much music there was on the suiko2 game cd! Although the PC Version of Suikoden 2 had 2 CDs..

There will be more Discs in the Limited Edition..but i don't know what exactly is in it..I Only know that the cover is different, it contains a History of Suikoden DVD and that it comes in a special Box-Case
Thief

Truth

213998 Potch
200 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 7:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Perhaps the limitation of a single DVD production is one of the factor that contributed to the high frequency of loading delays that's apparent in the game?

You simply cannot compare these 3D games with those older 2D CD-based ones, no matter how closely they resemble each other. The technology involved in achieving that kind of look and feel is dissimilar, and thus the amount of disc space required must differ.
Leon Silverberg

The Strategists

13318 Potch
489 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 7:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

No..i know..

But these are hardware limitations of the ps2..
Not DVD.. the access-time of a dvd is high enough to make it load fast..
i mean..when you look a dvd it loads at the beginning and then plays without loading 'breaks..

It's simply because it's hard to deal with a console's hardware when it comes to loading.. The programmers sure want to make them as short as possible, but there are limitations.. I can't hear/read this whining about loading times anymore..The loading times are not to long..and yeah ok..than it loads 4-5 times in a big city or so..but who cares?
Don't you have enough time? I mean..quite now you're sitting and answer topics on this board.. If load times are 10 or 15 secs.. what's the problem?
I know games where you wait 1 minute or longer..

The only thing i'm worrying about is the high rate of random battle some guys talk about... that is annoying.. but that is also not right..in the videos of bebpo you see hero5 on the worldmap he walks 10 secs, then a battle starts..after this he can walk a long while without battle to the next location..

i'm playing suiko because i love the story and the suiko world.
not because i want to see best graphics, short loadtimes and so on..
When suikoden 1 came out, everyone talked about the shitty graphics..
but look at the series now! What happened with it? And suikoden 2 was full of bugs..After all it's claimed as the best suikoden game!

i think most people are angry about suikoden 4 and tactics that they try to find anything "bad" in suikoden 5 so that they can say.."ah i knew it..suikoden is going down...konami sucks..bla..bla..bla"....

i think..as a fan you have to make your own picture of a game..and you will first be able to do so when you're able to play suikoden 5 with your own hands...Don't give a shit about the meanings of a few people that maybe only have a pirated copy of suiko5 that is burned on bad media and causes slowdowns...or someting like that
eXistence of Fly

Pointy Sticks & Ponies!

1156566 Potch
7700 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 8:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Leon Silverberg wrote:
i think most people are angry about suikoden 4 and tactics that they try to find anything "bad" in suikoden 5 so that they can say.."ah i knew it..suikoden is going down...konami sucks..bla..bla..bla"....

I wouldnt say that.

People are unhappy that suikogaidens arent getting translated
People are unhappy that suikoden 3 didnt get a pal release
People are unhappy that card stories isnt getting a port

There are far more reasons why people are unhappy that has nothing to do with suiko 4 or tactics. And if anyone falls in that category you cant really expect them to look at suiko 5 and judge it without any form of bias, or not be critical.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Leon Silverberg

The Strategists

13318 Potch
489 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 9:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

ok you're right.. i know. i'm disappointed too..but after all that games that we're not released, we should be glad that suiko 5 is coming to us.

it is not obvious that games are making it out of japan..we can be glad for every game that leaves japan and masters the way from japan to europe or the usa. there are so much games that didn't were released outside of japan...as a fan it's hard to see why the developers didn't release it in us/eu but there are reasons...sometimes good reasons but also lazyness, ignorance and so on.. but i think we shouldn't be so critical.. many spent their money in buying suikoden 4..that was disappointing.

konami noticed it, and tried to do a better job this time.. when we cry like babys about every little bug than they will someday say, that they stop the series due to the problems.. hmm.. ok.. i don't know where this is going but now i think they should stop milking the series when they aren't able to release a good game.. what i want to say is..don't expect to much.. we have the reference to suikoden 2 in our heads..
Movie sequels and new albums from bands are also often disappointing...nobody is perfect.. i still think that suikoden got on a path of improvement and it will develop positive..
uwangski

Lilly's Loyal Guards

701224 Potch
200 Soldiers
32 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 12:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Leon Silverberg wrote:
And suikoden 2 was full of bugs..After all it's claimed as the best suikoden game!

Umm... what bugs are those? Never heard of those until now

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 1:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

uwangski wrote:
Leon Silverberg wrote:
And suikoden 2 was full of bugs..After all it's claimed as the best suikoden game!

Umm... what bugs are those? Never heard of those until now

The bugs I can remember off the top of my head are: the Matilda Gate trick, people saying other people's lines, some characters joining at level 99, Annallee not singing her recruitment song, the Major Battle song not playing sometimes, etc. As you can see there were many bugs in Suikoden II at least for the US version. For the PAL version, Konami of Europe fixed some of the bugs, so if you have the PAL version, you wouldn't have seen some of the numerous bugs contained in Suikoden II.
Sophita

The Wee Kitty Grand Duke Defense Brigade

498078 Potch
1330 Soldiers
2725 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 1:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Not to mention the really ..............bad translation!!!!!!!!! One period or exclamation mark just won't do!!!!!!!!!!!!!! - Though that's not so much a bug!!! Just..............annoying!!!!!!

Are people really mad about the suikogaidens and card stories not getting an American/European release? Or Suikoden 3 not getting a PAL release? I mean, those were released quite a while ago. 0.o I think people are probably vaguely disappointed, but I don't think anyone is militantly mad about that.

Long load times aren't the worst thing to happen to a game; a bit annoying, but hardly any game is damned due to long load times. Honestly, if they were such a problem, we'd never have switched to a primarily-CD format in consoles; we'd have stayed with cardridges (which had no load times).

And I'm perfectly fine if Suikoden V has a few problems; no game is perfect. It's only an issue when the game's problems outstrip it's good qualities.

SCII month continues! DueFiumi.com
John Layfield wrote:
But bubbles... children love bubbles! XD
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Camus the Noble

Les Renés

1056014 Potch
224 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Holy Paladin wrote:
people saying other people's lines

That was so annoying. It took me forever to figure out what was going on at the White Deer Inn, when Nanami started to talk like she was Alex.

And, this may be off topic, but, Punishment xmas, could you please use verbs and puctuation marks in your messages from now on?
Zahak

Queen's knights

20981 Potch
44 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Of course its going to be one disc, or two for the preorder special thing right? so Suikogaidens will never be released over here?
Leon Silverberg

The Strategists

13318 Potch
489 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 6:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

i think that a bad translations is the worst thing in a game like suikoden..
i want to know the story..and when there are so many misstranslations and false infos, then you get confused by it and i think that is really annoying..so i just wanted to say..every game has his bad and good points..suiko5 will be better than 4 and thats enough for the moment..we will see it with our "own" eyes
Aesa

Those Who Slumber

427118 Potch
250 Soldiers
5 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'm just going to say one disc, because I have a feeling...

The setting sun means the rise of a new day...
...excepting for Ragnarok, of course

~Tinto~
VikiFanatic

Keepers of Balance

841792 Potch
0 Soldiers
760 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Wouldn't it be strange if Suikoden ever had more than just ONE disc? It's practically an unbroken tradition for the games. It's hardly unimaginable for anything like that to happen.. Since doing so would increase the price of the game... That would be a bad idea if Konami was still trying to propagate a large enough fanbase. :mrgreen:

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Suikoden Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: