Suikoden Utopian and Irrational Kriegspiel Ontic Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Videos thread (spoilers? new videos added)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Scott

Demon King's Ambition

41 Potch
1150 Soldiers
25 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 5:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Himuro wrote:
Notice in the world map video that he walked for a good 10 seconds atleast and there were no battles.

People always exagerate. .___. I mean, I've heard people go on about how FFIV adv. you get in a battle every step, and, well, safte to say you don't.

Anyone else notice that the world map does seem HUGE and expansive?
Himuro

La Morte

844834 Potch
500 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 5:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yes. Yes indeed.

New video, showing off the size of one town: Raftfleet.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PnyJqHQFPJo
melange

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 5:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Suikoden 5 world map and movie

Limslair: Ohh!! This is great!

Lyon: Yes it is...

Georg: So this is the sacred land of Lunasu....

Sialeeds: I haven't come here since Arshetat's ascension but this place hasn't changed.

Miakis: What's that? The water sparkles so beautifully.

Georg: Is something mixed in?

Sialeeds: It's golddust. There's a gold mine upstream.

???: I have been awaiting you.

Priest (not sure): I am Isato, an assistance to the head priest(?). I have come to welcome you on the head priest's(?) orders.

Prince: (Thank you)
(other option is 'Hmm? Those ears...')

Isato: No. This is part of my duty.
Isato: Please come this way. The Head Priest(?) is waiting.

Limsleia: Head Priest...?

Sialeeds: The most important person here.
Sialeeds: Well then, lets go shall we.

Isato has joined the party!

----
I translated it as 'head priest' because it looked like the same word that is used to refer to the Japanese Imperial Princesses that are selected to be head priestesses in the Ise Shrine. This is pure conjecture...

The scene of the six of them all gathered around the Prince looking at Isato was hilarious... couldn't help laughing. Miakis' unite with the Prince looks very nice. So Lyon uses a fire rune here... in that other screenshot she was equiped with a water rune tho... so will she have a very balanced rune affinity like Miakis does (lots of B's)?

"The waters of the Faytus River are cold, you know..." ~ Miakis
Anyone else notice that Lyon's weapon = overglorified switchblade?
Leon Silverberg

The Strategists

13318 Potch
489 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 5:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

yap, it's like a damn fire.. one person says that the game is slow and bla..and everyone runs away and screams..

From the Videos i saw there is absolut no load scene that is long.. long is an adjective that can be feeled different from person to person..it depends on what you're used from other games...

Suikoden 5 is better than 4, you can see that.. and as long as it's better as 4 i'm satisfied with it.
melange

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 5:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Suikoden 5 town

Sealed Fire Fragment received!

Dahaka

----

It appears Dahaka is the name of that huge boat...

Edit:
About the '10 secs without encounters'... it could be that the rumors are exaggerated but... I just want to point out one other possibility... maybe this guy bought the special memory card and is using the champion rune?

"The waters of the Faytus River are cold, you know..." ~ Miakis
Anyone else notice that Lyon's weapon = overglorified switchblade?
Himuro

La Morte

844834 Potch
500 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 5:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I don't feel like updating the thread each new video so here's his profile:

http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=bebpo

It adds new videos once he's uploaded them. Seems to be putting up atleast 2-3 new vids by the hour.

I'm hitting the sack.
Leon Silverberg

The Strategists

13318 Potch
489 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 5:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Himuro wrote:
I don't feel like updating the thread each new video so here's his profile:

http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=bebpo

It adds new videos once he's uploaded them. Seems to be putting up atleast 2-3 new vids by the hour.

I'm hitting the sack.

woaaa, when he continues at that rate i've seen the whole game until sunday..
mumbay

White Maiden Mercenaries

167500 Potch
50 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 2:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I got only one thing to say i hope we areable to change the position of the camera cause i will be getting stuck alot then
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Leon Silverberg

The Strategists

13318 Potch
489 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

mumbay wrote:
I got only one thing to say i hope we areable to change the position of the camera cause i will be getting stuck alot then

no we won't be able to do so..we can only zoom in..and out
Zahak

Queen's knights

20981 Potch
44 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yeah thanks Himuro for the movies, and thanks, Melange for the translation, I just want this game even more and more..
Shrew

The All-Star Rock n' Breakdance Electronic Band from Shenzhen

237023 Potch
110 Soldiers
100 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 6:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I can understand what was said about getting into battles being slow. The encounter rate doesn't seem absurd, but it takes quite some time to get into battle, especially when, like other Suikodens, the battles are so short. It's not a fatal flaw, but it is going to be tedious during longer dungeons.

The cutscenes look great though. I imagine there's a good amount of load time before them we don't see, but at least it's not Suikoden IV's 5 second scene 3 second load problem.

Fear our Vagueness.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
MMan9000

Animal Rangers

3075764 Potch
275 Soldiers
400 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I don't really mind the length of the battles. I would rather them be harder then them being a cakewalk.

Official Smoke Bomb User

Space For Rent. Contact Me for Details
bbsting120

8553 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Here's my final take on the loading issues:
I've played plenty of rpgs that had slow loading in and out of battles or between screens, some a lot longer than Suikoden V...however, I think the main reason people are focusing in on it so much is because of the "Now loading" screen.
If it was just a black screen, like in most games, I feel it wouldn't be quite as big of an issue...but seeing that after every battle and such probably makes it feel like there's a TON of loading. Not having played myself yet, I can't say...but just from watching the videos it doesn't bother me at all.
And frankly i'd rather have a cute little running sprite than a boring black screen. And yes, maybe Konami could have sped up the loading...but it is what it is, and it could have been a lot worse...and from what i'm seeing overall Konami did a good job and I can't wait.
poorguy171

91805 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 8:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I really don't care if the loading is a bit long between scenes/events, I'm just glad the cutscenes are smooth and not chopped up like they were in IV. That really killed the effect for me.

From what I've seen so far, my anticipation for this game just shot up to an unbelievable level. I don't think I'm gonna make it a whole month! I wish I was Japanese :(.

Keepers of Balance

841792 Potch
0 Soldiers
760 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The loading time is not long at all. Very much exaggerated. I don't think that video had any bonuses within to make it an easy travel over the world map. I actually think it's a good thing for there to be many battles. It's very practical to be a few levels higher only after going through the map once.

At least it's not as annoying as Suikoden Iv's 1encounter/5seconds... THAT was annoying since battles were always boring. I think that in this game, you'll WANT to go on a battle. :D

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Suikoden Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: