Suikoden Uncouth and Illusional Kraalesque Original Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Japanese version impressions thread (NO spoilers)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14, 15  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Linnaeus

Meow Mages

167580 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 9:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

melange wrote:
The other great thing about Viki besides letting you teleport is... once you get her and her loading screen, seeing the 'loading' animation is much more entertaining than before. It becomes kind of like a game of 'guess-where-on-the-screen-Viki-will teleport-to'. :mrgreen:

That sounds so cute! At least we'll have something to do while the loading screens stays there for a really long time, like people have been saying.

I also had another question. Are many of the SoDs hidden behind buildings and such, where we can't see them because of the camera angle? Well, I suppose that's what a player's guide is for, I guess. lol
poorguy171

91805 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 9:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Himuro wrote:
You could get into battles at Brass Castle aside from the underground tunnel?

Sorry, the underground tunnel is what I meant.

And Himuro, you've played the game, right? Can you answer my question on the skill system (see my last post)?

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 10:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

melange wrote:
The other great thing about Viki besides letting you teleport is... once you get her and her loading screen, seeing the 'loading' animation is much more entertaining than before. It becomes kind of like a game of 'guess-where-on-the-screen-Viki-will teleport-to'. :mrgreen:

Hehe, Viki is so cute. I hope you can somehow chose which loading screen you want to have, since the one with Viki sounds like it's going to be my favorite.

poorguy171 wrote:
I must say, I'm glad to hear the encounter rate is up higher than III. Getting skill points was an absolute pain in III, partially because they weren't shared,

Well they're not exactly shared in Suikoden V either, it's just that you can chose to transfer SP from one character into the shared pool by the hundreds. But for a cost of 10%.
That means if you want to transfer 100 into the shared pool, you'll have to pay 110 SP. (100 goes into the shared pool, and the other 10 disappears.)
220 SP to transfer 200 SP, and so on.

One thing I noticed that may be good to know is that it seems that the gained SP at the end of a battle seems to be the same no matter how many characters participate in it. And if at the end of the battle it says "6 SP gained", then each character in the party will gain 6 SP. They don't split it like they do with the EXP.
In other words, it's always a good idea to have a full party if possible, so that you can transfer SP from the characters that you don't plan on using much later.

I tried to take out two characters from my party, and after fighting the same enemy group, the SP gained after battle remained the same.
I could be wrong though, but since I can't play the game again until Friday at the earliest, I can't test it again.

Quote:
Also, I have a very important question about the skill system. Is it true that every character can get an S in any skill they can have? Being limited to Bs and Cs in III was a real pain, and kinda killed the skill system at times. Plus, it sure would be nice if the hero could actually get a decent skill for their True Rune :|.

I would hope so, but right now none of my characters can train their skills beyond C, which is annoying. My friend who is 10 or possibly 15 hours ahead of me in the game still can't train his skills beyond C.

Music | Kingdom Hearts OC ReMix - Above the Rising Falls
Game | Suikoden V
Anime | Death Note
Next: ????
Holy Paladin

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 11:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

poorguy171 wrote:
Also, I have a very important question about the skill system. Is it true that every character can get an S in any skill they can have? Being limited to Bs and Cs in III was a real pain, and kinda killed the skill system at times. Plus, it sure would be nice if the hero could actually get a decent skill for their True Rune :|.

If I heard correctly, you need skill knowledge books to get past "C' level skill ranks.
Himuro

La Morte

844834 Potch
500 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 11:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

poorguy171 wrote:
Himuro wrote:
You could get into battles at Brass Castle aside from the underground tunnel?

Sorry, the underground tunnel is what I meant.

And Himuro, you've played the game, right? Can you answer my question on the skill system (see my last post)?

Suikoden V? No, I don't know Japanese.
melange

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 11:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yes... Viki is very cute :mrgreeen:
Dzerassa wrote:
I also had another question. Are many of the SoDs hidden behind buildings and such, where we can't see them because of the camera angle? Well, I suppose that's what a player's guide is for, I guess. *laugh*

I have not spotted any myself. Though that means nothing cos I'm by no means a very 'thorough' player.
Holy Paladin wrote:
If I heard correctly, you need skill knowledge books to get past "C' level skill ranks.

That is correct. You need the skill knowledge books AND Zerase (for magic related skills) or Georg (for fighting skills) in order to train past 'C' rank.

"The waters of the Faytus River are cold, you know..." ~ Miakis
Anyone else notice that Lyon's weapon = overglorified switchblade?
Random

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 6:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

This is sounding better and better every time I read something. My family is getting sick of me 'sharing' all the new 'news' about it. I think they make be looking to do something permanent to shut me up.

Just a question, are the events non-static? As in, are people in the background moving and is there music playing? I hope so. It can get annoying when there's no music, but I can live if there isn't.

And loading times should be fine, even if they are a bit longer than normal.
Afterall, we need a few bad points to make the good points stand out more. And from the sound of it, there are more good points than bad, which makes it a good game in my book.

Still, it'd take a lot to stop me from playing any Suikoden, even the semi-disaster that was four. (IMO)
Linnaeus

Meow Mages

167580 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 6:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Random wrote:
My family is getting sick of me 'sharing' all the new 'news' about it.

Haha! Same here. My mom pre-ordered it for me so I would shut up...but that doesn't stop me. O.o
Sabin2

664 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 10:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Does anbody know if all characters start at weapon level 1 like in Suikoden 4?
Aesa

Those Who Slumber

427118 Potch
250 Soldiers
5 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 10:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I suspect that as you recruit the SODs, their weapon level will vary, I could be wrong though...

The setting sun means the rise of a new day...
...excepting for Ragnarok, of course

~Tinto~
Himuro

La Morte

844834 Potch
500 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 10:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

You guys share the Suikoden V news with your family..?

Hah.
mumbay

White Maiden Mercenaries

167500 Potch
50 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

It may be like Suikoden 3 where it depends on main character's weapon level
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
melange

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Nop, the weapons for all the characters I've gotten so far all start at level one.

"The waters of the Faytus River are cold, you know..." ~ Miakis
Anyone else notice that Lyon's weapon = overglorified switchblade?
Random

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 11:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yah. It's kind of surprising, considering that I never get so excited about any games that I feel compelled to tell everyone about it. Guess the hype is getting to me.

Any way, 25 more days to go. 25 more days of agony for my family. Oh, well, they won't hear a peep out of me for a few days when I finally get it.
mumbay

White Maiden Mercenaries

167500 Potch
50 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2006 12:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Where can you get the knowledge books and such? and i wonder if there are some skills that don't have to be equipped to use.
Spoiler((possibly))

and is it only georg and Zerrese who can train physical and magical abilities((since this was stated above))
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Suikoden Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14, 15  Next
Page 13 of 15

Jump to: