Suikoden Uncouth and Infamous Keystone Orgazmic Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Who is the enemy of the Star Dragon Sword?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Starslasher

Chunks of Chaco-late.

1177790 Potch
300 Soldiers
35 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2004 7:50 pm    Post subject: Who is the enemy of the Star Dragon Sword? Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Hello. Do you guys remember the ending for Edge, the coolest swordsman, in Suikoden III?

SPOILER!!!! (well, it's in the name of this topic so...)
Edge heads south in pursuit of a foe of Star Dragon Sword.

Any idea of who this foe, or rival, may be?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Leb

Pizza Toppings

497133 Potch
936 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2004 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Possibly a vampire, an undead creature, or a less-than-polite way of referring to Viktor.

Not much to go on, and we'll probably never find out.
Starslasher

Chunks of Chaco-late.

1177790 Potch
300 Soldiers
35 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2004 12:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Of course we're going to find out. We have to! Konami can't be a bunch of sadistic game designers that would decide to leave us hanging like that! I refuse to accept that :x

It might be another True Rune-turned-weapon. An opposing rune, like a Holy Rune (a holy-ish Rune that is). An easy speculation, so any other theories would be just as valid!

There's not much to go on. We don't even know that much about the Zodiac Sword itself. But i won't give up this thread until i gathered all the theories on this person/thing that Edge is pursuing.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Filipe

The Executors of Harmonian Order

35712 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2004 3:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Or perhaps yet another has sought out and stolen the blue moon rune or whatever and the Star Dragon sword and not to mention Sierra are both looking for said person. Being that the Star Dragon sword is the physical incarnation of said Night rune or whatever they call it it has a connection to said rune and naturally it would seek itself out for purposes of ummm saving. Or it might be true thats it's really just going back to it's true owner namely Viktor. Wouldnt it be cool if Viktor as a result of using it got ummm immortality. Then he could be in all future games. But thats just wishful thinking for the Viktor fans. Though I have always like Flik better anyway.

The Dark Ones Own Luck

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
15000 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2004 1:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Filipe wrote:
Or perhaps yet another has sought out and stolen the blue moon rune or whatever and the Star Dragon sword and not to mention Sierra are both looking for said person. Being that the Star Dragon sword is the physical incarnation of said Night rune or whatever they call it it has a connection to said rune and naturally it would seek itself out for purposes of ummm saving.

If the Blue Moon rune was stolen, I could see Sierra looking for it, but I don't think that the Star Dragon Sword cares about anything but itself. Even in S2, when Neclord is trying to trade Viktor Daisey for the SDS, the SDS doesn't even seem to care what Viktor does (even though he knows Neclord wants to destroy him). Also, I doubt that Sierra is that reckless to have the Blue Moon rune stolen from her again. I think she learned her lesson last time when she kept it on an alter ungaurded around shady characters like Neclord.

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2004 1:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well, it might just be me but, I remember reading something about how he got the sword from viktor when edge's sister was kidnapped by a vampire, so maybe he is going to return the sword or continue slaying vampires. It would be cool to see him and maybe Viktor and Nash ( in his genso suikogadien clothes) slay a few hundred vamps, lol.
TheAngelicSin

Scarlet Demon's Fangs

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2004 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well the Star Dragon Sword is quite rude so when they say he was in pursuit of a foe it could be anything from a vampire to a past owner (Viktor). And let's not forget, Viktor and that sword quarreled quite a bit. I believe in SII he called Viktor his servent. You even had to fight the Star Dragon Sword in the Cave of Wind before he would go along with Viktor, who had abandoned him there. He could be a bit pissed that Viktor would've given him up to Edge. I mean, does the Sword ever give his opinion about Edge? I don't know since I didn't use Edge too often or anything. ;P

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2004 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

It would be hilarious if it ended up being Neclord again and he was an enemy in Suikoden V. People would hate it so much I'm sure a few would swear off Suikoden forever! I probably wouldn't care though, I'd just think it was funny.
Lechium

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2004 10:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Only enemey a true rune can have is another true rune.
In 3 Luc needed bunch of TR's to destroy his Wind rune, for example.
TheAngelicSin

Scarlet Demon's Fangs

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2004 11:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well Neclord wasn't exactly destroyed in Suikoden II, was he? I could swear hearing he was sealed away or something - either that or I have a really rusty mind when it comes to Suikoden II (and seeing as I played it last in 2000 I don't blame myself there ;P)

Why exactly would a True Rune be enemies with another/other True Rune(s) anyway? :?

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2004 12:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:

Why exactly would a True Rune be enemies with another/other True Rune(s) anyway?

well it could be someway to keep balance between true runes , like a ying yang. Or perhasp they were made to hate/ fight each other, no one knows.

And to comment on your neclord memory about him being sealed away or so, thast how i remember it in SII but then again we both could be wrong.
Filipe

The Executors of Harmonian Order

35712 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2004 12:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

He might not care that Neclord wants to destroy him because he is the physical incarnation of a rune. If the sword is destroyed it will just make itself again and whats the point right? Probably to the sword it would be just another day or something of that nature. There is really no real reason as to why it didnt care if it was given to Neclord or destroyed so it makes me think that it's power real power I mean is so much that it could care less if that one incarnation is destroyed. Thats just my take on the whole thing though and maybe it does care to an extent. Maybe for the nuisance it would cause by having to create itself a new physical incarnation.

Altruistic Apparitions

100019091 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2004 6:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:
Of course we're going to find out. We have to! Konami can't be a bunch of sadistic game designers that would decide to leave us hanging like that! I refuse to accept that

Looks like you'll be in denial alot. Like Lebenengel said, you'll probably never find out. I don't seriously think that Konami will ever explain the little intricate portions of the game, especially for non-plot related characters.

And yes, Neclord was infact defeated to death of no return. No 9 gates of death, no limbo, no storage or sealing...dead as dead can be.

[Axiose] [Fliktor]
Glen Cott

Yellow Knights of the Dukedom

8112 Potch
1 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2004 9:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

But what about his so-far-unheard-of twin brother, conveniently also named Neclord...........

Maybe not.
TheAngelicSin

Scarlet Demon's Fangs

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2004 9:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well don't you mean the time he travelled into the future from the past? ;P I mean he sure as Hell isn't dead (dead undead dead?) in the past.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Suikoden Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: