Suikoden Utopian and Infamous Keystone Old Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

First japanese playthrough (pictures and spoilers!)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
melange

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2006 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I can't really make out one of the katakana... it's either the 'pa' or the 'ba' syllable...

Taiyou no pacchi/bacchi 30000 - Sun Patch/Batch 30000
Reimei no pacchi/bacchi 20000 - Dawn Patch/Batch 20000
Tasogare no pacchi/bacchi 20000 - Dusk Patch/Batch 20000

"The waters of the Faytus River are cold, you know..." ~ Miakis
Anyone else notice that Lyon's weapon = overglorified switchblade?
Zahak

Queen's knights

20981 Potch
44 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2006 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Whoa.. Miakias has an attack with the Prince too?
MMan9000

Animal Rangers

3075764 Potch
275 Soldiers
400 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2006 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Heh, this is getting interesting.

I hope to know a good bit of the plot by the end of this coming weekend. Some character scans from artbooks wouldn't be too bad either... :mrgreen:

Official Smoke Bomb User

Space For Rent. Contact Me for Details
Angelus

Queen of Falena

579729 Potch
0 Soldiers
2545847 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2006 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I don't like Miakis. She'd better get away from the Lyon's man...

>_>
<_<

*cough* Lucky people, those Japanese. We gotta wait another month... but I can wait. I'd much rather play a game that I can understand later than one I don't understand earlier. And it's obvious we're probably gonna make a choice between Lyon and Miakis... at least, that's what I think. If we do, I chose Lyon. And I always will. :mgreen:

Jorge Prima wrote:
What? Our pokemon aren't obeying?

When a problem comes along YOU MUST WHIP IT!
Himuro

La Morte

844834 Potch
500 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2006 4:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Uhhhhhhh...are there any impressions at all? Are the towns big? Is there a horribly edited black pause between cutscenes demonstrating how half assed the direction of the cutscenes were? Are there lots of npc's in the towns? If so, do they just stand there like dolls? Is the dialouge short, empty, and feel like you just ran into the middle of a conversation? How is the random battle rate? Basically what I'm asking is, did they fix most of IV's problems?
melange

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2006 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Angelus wrote:
I don't like Miakis. She'd better get away from the Lyon's man...

There's a solution to that...

"We're willing to share~~!" :wink:

"The waters of the Faytus River are cold, you know..." ~ Miakis
Anyone else notice that Lyon's weapon = overglorified switchblade?
Forum Poster

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2006 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Bebpo @ GAF wrote:
They're talking about how if you thought the boat with random encounters was annoying you will be very upset about the looooong load time transitions into battle and loooading back to the world map after battle. Plus it sounds like the battles run very slow. Suikoden II at 1/4th the speed is what's written. "Slow motion battles" others are commenting :(. Sounds like outside of loading/battle the game is fine besides frequent loading into any area bigger than a small room and it sounds like the Suikoden IV cutscene -> loading screen -> cutscene -> loading screen -> is back.

Good grief, I seriously hope this doesn't mean what I think it means. I don't want

Himuro wrote:
...horribly edited black pause[s] between cutscenes...

in my Suikoden. Learn from your mistakes, Konami!
Leon Silverberg

The Strategists

13318 Potch
489 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2006 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Angelus wrote:

*cough* Lucky people, those Japanese. We gotta wait another month... ... at least, that's what I think. If we do, I chose Lyon. And I always will. :mgreen:

man you're also lucky...we pal-fans have to wait until fall 2006.. that is annoying.. but i hope that they wil lfix the loading screen disaster meanwhile... that sounds very annoying..in the trailer it looked so fast and good.. i hope that the thing with the battlesystem is also not really true....
Himuro

La Morte

844834 Potch
500 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2006 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I missed that part of Bebpo's post.

Now I want to throw shit.
MMan9000

Animal Rangers

3075764 Potch
275 Soldiers
400 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2006 5:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Heh, I don't mind the load times or the slower battles. As long as the game itself overall is a big improvement over IV, then I'm happy...

I hope SARS or someone else here gives their opinions on this...

Official Smoke Bomb User

Space For Rent. Contact Me for Details
Forum Poster

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2006 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Himuro wrote:
I missed that part of Bebpo's post.

Now I want to throw Michael Bolton.

Do it during the pauses. -_-
Himuro

La Morte

844834 Potch
500 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2006 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

MMan9000 wrote:
Heh, I don't mind the load times or the slower battles. As long as the game itself overall is a big improvement over IV, then I'm happy...

The cutscene complaint was one of IV's biggest problems. It made the game overall feel shoddy and rushed.

For reference, here's the thread where Bebpo made that comment (really glad you read my thread at gaf forum poster, who are you?):

http://www.ga-forum.com/showthread.php?t=76282&page=4
bbsting120

8553 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2006 6:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well loading in and out of battle has never really bugged me much. Can get over that.
Slow battles? I find that hard to believe, considering we've seen many videos of the battles and they seem to move very quickly (everyone attacking at once etc). Either way, I can get over it.
The suiko IV style cutscenes? I'm hoping and praying that this is NOt true...because if it is....well let's just hope it isn't. *worried*
Himuro

La Morte

844834 Potch
500 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2006 6:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Exactly. That cutscene comment has me REALLY worried.
poorguy171

91805 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2006 6:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'm really worried about the cutscenes as well. Those pauses and breaks in music and sound REALLY took away from the drama and excitement in many scenes. Some of those pauses were longer than the scenes at times! However, we have seen a few cutscene/gameplay shifts in trailers, and they looked really quick, so I'm not too worried. And I don't really care if the battles are slow, just as long as the transitions into them aren't too bad (although the battle transitions seen in the trailers looked great).

Anyways, I'm really excited for this game, and I know it's going to be a very long month. Heck, I've been having dreams about playing this game! And weird ones too, in one, they forgot to translate some parts of the games, and in another you get the Sun Rune by finding it in a locker-room :-|.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Suikoden Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: