Suikoden Utopian and Illusional Keystone Oblique Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Opening movie
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Himuro

La Morte

844834 Potch
500 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2006 1:14 am    Post subject: Opening movie Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

http://www.rpgamer.com/games/suiko/suik5/suik5mov.html

Opening movie, got it from gamefaqs

Basically nothing new, but the song played during it is...and it's VERY good.
zeal

The Zealots

0 Potch
400 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2006 1:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

cool,

i never noticed that the hero's sister (forgot her name) is training with the weapon of those bad ass ninja/assassins
maybe you will have to fight her......stupid statement

Check out:
Car Accidents
I'm A Plus Size Model
Superslut
Rene Magritte/Surrealism
melange

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2006 3:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

zeal wrote:
i never noticed that the hero's sister (forgot her name) is training with the weapon of those bad ass ninja/assassins
maybe you will have to fight her......stupid statement

Erm.. I think Limsleia is merely being held hostage by someone holding the bad ass ninja weapon...

"The waters of the Faytus River are cold, you know..." ~ Miakis
Anyone else notice that Lyon's weapon = overglorified switchblade?
Leon Silverberg

The Strategists

13318 Potch
489 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2006 4:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Thanks for the link, the intro is good.
I like the music and the nice graphics in it, but while i watch it, i still can't realize, that it's the opening movie of Suikoden V. I mean, that i'm overwhelmed by the thought of that this is part five that is coming.

I will realize it when i got a copy of the game in my hands, btw. in my ps2 :-))
Duncan Gallagher

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2006 7:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

After the intro i want this game even more. :/ It seems to be the best Suikoden after 2. I cant wait for the US Version. :D
VikiFanatic

Keepers of Balance

841792 Potch
0 Soldiers
760 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2006 8:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I've seen this intro before... One of the first videos of Suikoden V i've had actually. Not much of a comment, but i really do want it right now. I think the new gamers of the Suikoden world would agree with that too...

Marshmallow

Shikigami

203358 Potch
110 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2006 9:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The game still looks awesome, but I was grossly displeased with the intro. It just feels old by now, since those scenes have been used in every trailer. I'd have much preferred another opening like in 3, but I guess that's wishful thinking.
mumbay

White Maiden Mercenaries

167500 Potch
50 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2006 1:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I got to agree with Viki seeing more and more of this stuff gets me to want playing this more. And as well I agree with MArshmallow they do need to put in some new scenes
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
fuji

9643133 Potch
16500 Soldiers
100 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2006 2:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Nice intro, the best scene (like in Suikoden 3) was the reflection of a character in a blade. I just like the effect. The music seems fitting.

While we all may want to see more scenes, it's probably for the best that we don't since I'm sure these scenes were chosen because they don't spoil much of the story.

___ "That's not much"

"It's enough"
mumbay

White Maiden Mercenaries

167500 Potch
50 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2006 2:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I just wanna know who the characters are and the runes that will be in it because i wanna see my beloved pale gate rune back
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Loner Prime

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2006 3:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I prefered when the intro consisted only of presenting the characters of the game, like S2. I don't like when we see actual scenes from the game itself in the intro, I think it's just not what should be presented in an introduction. (no one cares about a man's shadow who kills a guard shadow to steal a statue -unless the statue itself is really important- etc., show us the cool artworks of the SODs damn it!!)

Although it was the case with S3, the stunning music was enough to redeem for some mediocre scenes showed in the intro (ex: scenes in the cave or the windmill). S4 was really awful as it presented about no one, and it was plain ugly.

All in all, I liked to intro of 2 and 3 better, but the first part of S5 intro is pretty ordinary, they should've spent more time on showing the 108 SOD. Wind of Phantom is a very good music track though. Ok intro for me... but I just know the game will rule!!
Zahak

Queen's knights

20981 Potch
44 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2006 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I've seen this before too, I think..since the Japanese release date is tomorrow, I'm wanting this game badly!!
poorguy171

91805 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2006 6:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I personally like this kind of intro more (showing scenes from the game). I find it fun seeing all these events, and then figuring out where they belong in the story. It's sort of like a combination of II and III's intro, showing characters and events. I really like it.

Also, I wish they would do another anime intro like in III, but I can understand why they haven't. Apparently, the intro for III cost a TON of money, and it was more fitting since they had so many hand-drawn scenes in the game anyways (those portraits, and then the ending images).

Flame of the West

2849957 Potch
200 Soldiers
46 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 12:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yeah, the intro for Suikoden III was insanely beautiful. The animation quality was really top notch, but I'm sure Konami isn't willing to shell out the cash for something like that anymore.

As for this intro... it's nice. The music is the best part about it, but the animation just doesn't feel right as the introduction to an epic game. In my opinion, if they really want it to be impressive they'll have to go back to that gorgeous anime they had in SIII. ^^

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
mumbay

White Maiden Mercenaries

167500 Potch
50 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 1:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I have to afree i would like a song from Japan to be starting song. It kind of wakens you up. But then again it may just be me. When i first played Final Fantasy X and heard Suteki De Na i was so relaxed with the song. Then we got Final Fantasy X-2 with the Real Emotions(( originated from Japan)) and that relaxed me so basically when they use a Japanese song or a song originating from Japan it is gonna cause me to get Relaxed.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Suikoden Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: