Suikoden Ugly and Irrational Knowledge Oblique Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

About Dolph
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Zahak

Queen's knights

20981 Potch
44 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2006 2:06 am    Post subject: About Dolph Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Not sure if this has been brought up yet or not, but has there been any other info on this Dolph guy?
Zaj I mean Mike

I just sell weapons

500 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2006 9:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

He works for Marscarl and Gizel but I think the son (Gizel?) Jions you at some piont your seen in a room with him and the kid from Lordlake talking about taking out a fort I think. So given his age he and Gizel are probly friends and he may jion to, or he may disapper like Rowd S2.

CLERKS
MMan9000

Animal Rangers

3075764 Potch
275 Soldiers
400 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2006 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Perhaps Gizel doesn't agree with his father's methods or something?

Perhaps Dolph takes Gizel's place so-to-speak in Marscarl's regime?

Official Smoke Bomb User

Space For Rent. Contact Me for Details
Linnaeus

Meow Mages

167580 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2006 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

What is Dolph saying in the trailer when he stabs Lyon? Isn't it something like "Sorry, but I had to do this to slow my pursuit." Or something? I'm not quite sure, but it looks like Dolph isn't the friendliest of the new characters. Gizel seems like he has a role like Helmut in Suikoden IV, or Klaus in Suikoden II, where he will be defeated and then join your group reluctantly, but ultimately wants to be on the winning side.
MMan9000

Animal Rangers

3075764 Potch
275 Soldiers
400 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2006 8:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I think that he says, "It would be harder to pursue with one injured..." or something like that.

Official Smoke Bomb User

Space For Rent. Contact Me for Details
Linnaeus

Meow Mages

167580 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2006 6:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Update and spoilers. Highight to read.

Dolph is part of the "Nether Gate", a group of assassins hired to kill the Queen of Falena, but that Queen was Arshtat and Sialeeds' mother. The "Nether Gate" since has disbanded, but some work for the Godwins during this game. The strange thing is, the Godwins are related to the Royal Family (Marscal Godwin is Arshtat's cousin), and the "Nether Gate" now works for that family.

Childerich is another one of the "Nether Gate" assassins, who works under Dolph. In fact, he is Gizel Godwin's representative in the "Battle God Tournament", which means that Childerich is a slave that fights on behalf of the Godwin family, so the youngest son (Gizel) is able to marry the princess Lymsleia. (Yes, they are cousins, but they are second cousins, so it is legal for them to marry). Childerich is still one of the assassins during the game.

End of spoilers.
Leb

Pizza Toppings

497133 Potch
936 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2006 2:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The Godwin family is not related by blood, so you know.
Zahak

Queen's knights

20981 Potch
44 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2006 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

They arent? and what do you mean youngest son, Gizel? Gizel is Marscal's only son, isnt Gizel way old to be marrying a little girl like Lymsleia?
Leb

Pizza Toppings

497133 Potch
936 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2006 3:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Marscarl was already born when his mother married into the royal family. They're only step-cousins.
MichaelW

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2006 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Besides Dolph and Childerich, are there any core members of the Nether Gate? (Is there also a leader who started this whole thing?)
Linnaeus

Meow Mages

167580 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2006 11:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Spoilers. highlight to read.
The only other person that I know of that was part of it was Lyon. She was a member of it when she was a child, and Ferid took her in when she was still a child. so, that clip in the beginning of the game that everyone saw where Ferid is hugging a small child in the rain in a forest, that would be Lyon. After that, she became a knight in the Queen's court due to Ferid.
End of spoilers.
Zahak

Queen's knights

20981 Potch
44 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2006 1:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Who was Marscal's mother married to? and Gizel is Marscal's only son, right?
Linnaeus

Meow Mages

167580 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 2:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yes. Gizel is Marscal's only son.
Thief

Truth

213998 Potch
200 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 7:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Leb wrote:
Marscarl was already born when his mother married into the royal family. They're only step-cousins.

I thought it was his father who married into the royal family?
Zahak

Queen's knights

20981 Potch
44 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 1:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Thanks ,Dzerassa, I wasnt sure , I seen someone post "Gizel is Marscal's youngest son" , I figured that he was the only son.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Character Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: