Suikoden Uncouth and Infamous Kraalesque Orgazmic Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Favorite Dragon Ball Z Saga
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Favorite Dragon Ball Z Saga
Saiyan Saga
10%
 10%  [ 2 ]
Frieza Saga
10%
 10%  [ 2 ]
Cell Saga
45%
 45%  [ 9 ]
Majin Buu Saga
35%
 35%  [ 7 ]
Total Votes : 20

Jorge Prima

La Raza de Héroes y Protectores de Osito

938390 Potch
1120 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2006 3:26 am    Post subject: Favorite Dragon Ball Z Saga Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Wikipedia wrote:
Saiyen Saga:

* The Vegeta Saga (Episodes 1~35)

Frieza Saga:

* The Namek Saga (Episodes 36~67)
* The Captain Ginyu Saga (Episodes 68~74)
* The Frieza Saga (Episodes 75~107)
* The Garlic Junior Saga (Episodes 108~117)

Cell Saga:

* The Trunks Saga (Episodes 118~125)
* The Androids Saga (Episodes 126~139)
* The Imperfect Cell Saga (Episodes 140~152)
* The Perfect Cell Saga (Episodes 153~165)
* The Cell Games Saga (Episodes 166~194)

Majin Buu Saga:

* The Great Saiyaman Saga (Episodes 195~209)
* The World Tournament Saga (Episodes 210~219)
* The Babidi Saga (Episodes 220~231)
* The Majin Buu Saga (Episodes 232~253)
* The Fusion Saga (Episodes 254~275)
* The Kid Buu Saga (Episodes 276~291)

Dragon Ball Z is probably one of my favorite Animes of all time. I just watched "Super Dragon Fist" last weekend, and it made me think about all the Dragon Ball Z series. I was having a hard time deciding which saga owas my favorite, and I finally came to the conclusion that the Buu Saga is the best, because not only is it the longest, but that darn Buu is so damn funny. So which is your favorite?

J et J

Angelus on Aftershave wrote:
But it stings SO GOOD.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
John Layfield

Last Literature D-Line

509933 Potch
9300 Soldiers
3525 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2006 3:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I hate that classification. It's obviously Saiya-jin, Namek, Jinzoningen, Buu. You don't name them after the main villain. Uh, except Buu.

Out of the four main blocks... Jinzoningen Saga ("Cell Saga" says wikiass). Out of the sub blocks, the Great Saiyaman and 25th Tenkaichi Budokai ("World Tournament") sagas.

EDIT: Wow, did I really say "Android"? That's what happens when you start using the terms to avoid confusion when watching with people for the first time.

Last edited by John Layfield on Thu Dec 07, 2006 9:43 am; edited 1 time in total
eXistence of Fly

Pointy Sticks & Ponies!

1156566 Potch
7700 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2006 4:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Vegeta Saga, simply because Krillin gets urinated on, not once, but twice and the whole sounding constipated didn't stretch over for 40 episodes which started in the Frieza saga(Nameks 5 minute- 25 episode explosion anyone?).

Last Literature D-Line

509933 Potch
9300 Soldiers
3525 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2006 4:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

eXistence of Fly wrote:
Vegeta Saga, simply because Krillin gets urinated on, not once, but twice and the whole sounding constipated didn't stretch over for 40 episodes which started in the Frieza saga(Nameks 5 minute- 25 episode explosion anyone?).

Oh, that's not fair.

It only lasted from episode 97 (The Destruction of Planet Namek!? A Demonic Flash Penetrates the Ground) to episode 106 (Planet Namek's Great Explosion!! Goku Disappears Into Space). That's only ten episodes! :P

Anyway, there's a reason for this. By this point the anime had caught right up with the manga, and worse, in the middle of the climatic battle, so they could hardly introduce Naruto-like filler in the middle of it.

Also, Akira Toriyama had planned to end Dragon Ball with the defeat of Furiza but pressure was being put on him to continue. While the issue of whether the series would end as originally planned with the deaths of everyone save Gohan, or continue (as it did) was still up in the air, there was no way to proceed with the anime, which was broadcast on a weekly basis so it had no chance to simply take a break, and so the episodes had to grind the time passed to a snail's pace until the manga got back in gear.

The Garlic Junior Saga afterwards allowed the manga to pull back ahead again to avoid a repeat occurance.
Tendou Souji

CLIMAX JUMP!

758170 Potch
2000 Soldiers
2225 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2006 5:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Majin Buu, since we ge to see the (awesomeee) fusion of Goku and Vegeta.
Buff

Venus Doom

242611 Potch
0 Soldiers
6886538 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2006 9:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

even though i haven't seen it all i like the cell saga. mainly because cell kicks ass.

Devoted protector of Ferid and Arshtat
Masa

Fightin' Nac Mac Feegle

418570 Potch
0 Soldiers
10000 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2006 11:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I can guiltily say I watched all the way to the Cell Saga. When the bloody saga just refused to end though, I fell out of watching it. Terrible, terrible, terrible.

I rather liked the Android saga and I though the first form of Cell looked really neat though. His perfect form was blah and generic.

Kotetsu

114213 Potch
8500 Soldiers
510 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2006 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'm not really into DBZ anymore, but when I was, I really liked the Majin Buu saga. Maybe because it was where I saw the awesome fusion of Goku and Vegeta as Axis said, but it may also be because I find monsters who turn people into chocolates awesome.
Angelus

Queen of Falena

579729 Potch
0 Soldiers
2545847 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2006 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Ooh, I started re-watching DBZ yesterday. My love for Android 18 has not left me, apparently.

Anyway, totally Cell Saga. Or to precise, the Jinzo'ningen saga, including Resistance to Despair!! The Remaining Super-Warriors, Gohan and Trunks(The History of Trunks). Androids 17 and 18 are one of my favourite villains ever, they're totaly badass. And 18 has the best line ever: "I may be a killer, but I'm still a woman." Besides, I totally love the Red Ribbon Army, even if they're not directly associated with it.

My second is the Ginyu Tokusentai saga(is that even a saga?). Reacoom and Gurd are awesome characters, but Captain Ginyu is probably the best. And their dances and poses are so cute.

I never really liked the Buu saga. Maybe only the beginning because you get to see Videl with long hair.. but that's all I liked about it. The Great Saiyaman was lame, the tournament was too, Buu was so... meh. He didn't really impress me after the Jinzo'ningen or Namek saga.

Jorge Prima wrote:
What? Our pokemon aren't obeying?

When a problem comes along YOU MUST WHIP IT!
Agahnim

Endurvakning

932410 Potch
200 Soldiers
36 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2006 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

My favourite saga was probably the Cell saga, especially the Android saga. I'm not really sure why, I just found it more interesting that the rest of them; I never really liked Buu or Frieza. I was especially fond of the battle between Piccolo and Android #17 (or Jinzouningen Juunanagou if you really want to be pedantic).

"The strong manly ones in life are those who understand the meaning of the word patience."
John Layfield

Last Literature D-Line

509933 Potch
9300 Soldiers
3525 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2006 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Ganon Dun wrote:
I was especially fond of the battle between Piccolo and Android #17 (or Jinzouningen Juunanagou if you really want to be pedantic).

I would accept Jinzoningen 17, but thanks. :P The pedantic fandom is streamlining its obsession with the Japanese names these days. We're cutting out all sorts of what we regular English speakers would consider excesses vowels all over the place.

We've even taken the 'u' out of Yamucha, for crying out loud! It's a madhouse!

Other things are just me being more pedantic than everyone else. 'Saiyan' for example, is an extremely accurate rendition of 'Saiya-jin' as far as a translation goes, but I still use the latter. =D
Scarlet Assassin

Disciples of Death

331436 Potch
0 Soldiers
2442517 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2006 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

What a choice! I'm a DBZ fanatic (My not-so-guilty pleasure) and if I had to choose I'd go with the Saiya-jin saga because I adore the battle between Kakkorat and Vegeta.

However, I'm also a fan of 17 which leads me to enjoy the cell saga (Bite me layfield, I kid of course.)

My favorite episode, on the other hand, is 320 something when Vegeta sacrifices himself to blow up Buu.

Chief of Beat-em-up Honeys Division, Devoted Protector of Lady Tifa Lockhart
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
John Layfield

Last Literature D-Line

509933 Potch
9300 Soldiers
3525 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2006 9:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Scarlet assassin wrote:
However, I'm also a fan of 17 which leads me to enjoy the cell saga (Bite me layfield, I kid of course.)

Cell doesn't turn up for half of the saga! The name makes no sense!

Scarlet assassin wrote:
My favorite episode, on the other hand, is 320 something when Vegeta sacrifices himself to blow up Buu.

Japanese episode 237 (For Those Whom He Loves... Vegeta Perishes!!) or English dub episode 222 (Final Atonement).
Scarlet Assassin

Disciples of Death

331436 Potch
0 Soldiers
2442517 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2006 9:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I meant 220 something. And the English name is much better.

Also, the cell saga does make sense as he is the main focus of it. The androids lead up to him.

And change your avatar!

Chief of Beat-em-up Honeys Division, Devoted Protector of Lady Tifa Lockhart
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
John Layfield

Last Literature D-Line

509933 Potch
9300 Soldiers
3525 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2006 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Scarlet assassin wrote:
I meant 220 something. And the English name is much better.

Also, the cell saga does make sense as he is the main focus of it. The androids lead up to him.

And change your avatar!

And my dinner leads up to a huge dump, but I still call the meal dinner, not crap-taking time.

No way, Vegeta can go to hell. Wah wah Kakkarotto I'm only the second strongest person around boo hoo sniffle sniffle.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: