Suikoden United and Irenic Keystone Old Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

X3:X-Men 3
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kikito

Order of the Absolute

2953355 Potch
65 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2006 2:30 pm    Post subject: X3:X-Men 3 Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I recently saw the trailer at the movie theater, which has made me very excited about this movie(coming May 26 or something like that.) I was really glad to see some of my favorite characters make an appereance, like Beast, who seems to have an important role in the movie from the number of times and the kind of scenes in which he appears.

Well, people, what are your expectations for this movie? Which characters do ya want to see? Discuss and Speculate a much as you want about the movie.
Camus the Noble

Les Renés

1056014 Potch
224 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2006 2:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I've never seen the first two, but the trailers for this one have intrigued me. Does anyone know if Gambit is in this? He's one of my favorites...
Masaya

Flying Fusillades

222963 Potch
75 Soldiers
3635 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2006 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Although I will probally go to see it in the theaters, and I"m going to like it alot. Expeically since Jean is starting to cause lots of havok with her powers and ect...I'm still very dissapointed that they don't have Gambit in the movie. He is maybe one of my favorite characters...it's just lame they had to leave him out. I wonder if Archangel will get his wings replaced with metal ones like they're supposed to...

Les Renés

1056014 Potch
224 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2006 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

No Gambit? What about Rouge? Jubilee? Magneto?
Jorge Prima

La Raza de Héroes y Protectores de Osito

938390 Potch
1120 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2006 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

*Watches movie on trailer*

I loved watching the cartoon as a little kid, it was almost as good as spider-man (almost). When I saw the movies, I was very upset that the charaters i grew up with weren't even in the movie. I mean, the most charaters where there, but if you're going to make a movie for the nerds, dilever to the nerds.

My uncle whos a bigger nerd than I, said that Ms. Berry might not return as Storm in X-3. After watching the trailer I am relived that she is indeed in the movie! I dunno about you but when a charater is replaced, in a movie or television show I boycot it by not watching it.

If someone would like a link the trailer (because you're to lazy to google it) here...

http://movies.yahoo.com/shop?d=hv&id=1808490830&cf=info

J et J

Angelus on Aftershave wrote:
But it stings SO GOOD.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Kikito

Order of the Absolute

2953355 Potch
65 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2006 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:

No Gambit? What about Rouge? Jubilee? Magneto?

Gambit has been a no show for the last two movies, and the fact that he doesn't appear in the trailer has lead me to believe he's not gonna be in this one either, as disspointing as that sounds.

Rogue is one of the main characters in the past movies(especially the first one) and Magneto is practically one of the central figures in each and every movie, and with the trailer, I'm guessing it'll continue to be like that.

I was also a fan of the cartoon show when I was a kid, but I liked this one over Spiderman(maybe I liked them both the same but it was really long ago for me to remember). As I said before I was really excited to see beast in the trailer and that it looks like he's gonna have a big role in the movie.
Buff

Venus Doom

242611 Potch
0 Soldiers
6886538 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2006 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

looks freaking awesome.2 new characters that they introduce is beast and archangel.never saw any thing if nightcrawler is in it,or if colaussus is in it either.hopefully they will be.but like you kikito i'm also dissapointed that gambit isn't in it either.i'm a gambit fan and they need him in it soon.

Devoted protector of Ferid and Arshtat
RedCydranth

Ice Dragons

3650446 Potch
194 Soldiers
100 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2006 1:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Before I get to the X-Men talk, Buff, Use the space bar after your periods please. Also capitalization of words looks better when its needed. Like at the beginning of sentences or using proper nouns, like a person's name or a specific location like London or Steve. Now that english is over, I'll get to my thoughts.

I'l known about X-3 since oh, October. That is when they released the initial cast with Kelsey Grammar as Beast and the kid from Big Trouble as Archangel (as well as Juggernaut). So most of what I see in the trailer isn't news to me. I'm glad they got Halle Berry to be Storm for this third installment, because she made a press release after Catwoman that she wanted to get away from the fantasy roles and get more into more serious acting roles. Although, if they replaced her, I'd still watch it. I mean, Storm is one of the best X-Men by far, but the actor (or in this case Actress) is trivial to me.

I know craploads about the movie and who will be in it. Appearing in it will be Collosus, with nifty metal skin too! Of course Beast will be in it (this will actually be his second appearance in this series. He had a small cameo on the television in one of the prior movies. He wasn't Blue or hairy, he was in basic human look and the name "Dr. Hank McCoy" was on the screen. I beleive it was X-2. Nightcrawler is not in this one, as far as I know, and to my dismay because I love him and is one of the cooler powers and storylines (You know, being Mystique's son and all). However we will See Mystique and Magneto reprising their oh so villainous roles as the leaders of the Brotherhood once again. Also we'll see Psylocke, Multiple Man and Jubilee make their first movie appearances in the school, along with Shadowcat (who's been in both movies so far) and Siryn (who was in X-2). Rumors haven't been confirmed but there has been circulation that Emma Frost/White Queen is in the movie (maybe in a prelude to X-4?). Also, as a side villain Callisto will be here to show her fun side. I'm not too enthused about her, but I hear Omega Red (If you paid close attention to the computer screens in X-2 Omega Red had a folder in Stryker's computer. When Mystique was looking for files dressed as the janitor there were several easter egg files, one of which was based on Omega Red) is in the movie as well. I think this may be too many people in the role of badguy. Magneto, Pyro, Mystique, Leech (Oh yeah, Leech is in the movie too), Juggernaut, Callisto and Omega Red? Yikes.

Of course Professor X, Cyclops, Jean Grey/Phoenix, Wolverine, Rogue and Ice Man are all going to be there for the main characters of the movie. Sadly we will not see Gambit in this movie, which is a real bummer to the fans of the series. How can they have Callisto, Leech and Multiple Man and not a much more major role of the Ragin' Cajun Remy LeBeau. Well, we would definitely have a crossing of stories because we all know Rogue and Gambit are love interests and not Iceman. If they wanted to introduce him in they'd either have to manipulate Gambit to be either a Teenager like Rogue or a pedophile. Neither of which is that favorable. They could introduce him and give him no major interactions with anyone else, kinda like Storm.

I can't wait to see this movie and I want to know how they're going to pull it all off. I mean Jean's revival and the three factions (X-Men, Brotherhood and the Humankind) squaring off as they find the "cure" for the mutant gene. Its going to be exciting. I sincerely hope.

Fantasy Football (NFL) Sign Ups in Sports Forum!
Scott

Demon King's Ambition

41 Potch
1150 Soldiers
25 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2006 5:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

http://www.apple.com/trailers/fox/tls/trailer/large.html

the REAL trailer is now up, and it is pretty good I'd say.

EDIT: I really like jean's last line at the end. Show's just how she feels about all this.

Also. for the love of GOD. PLEASE, let this movie not Focus on Wolverine. The first 2 movies could have easily been called "wolverine" though this looks like it may not.
Buff

Venus Doom

242611 Potch
0 Soldiers
6886538 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2006 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

what did jean say at the end. but looks like this movie will revolve around the battle between magneto and prof. x and the so called cure for the mutain x gene. look like archangel was about to get it but couldn't go through with it. also seems like storm and wolverine may get close since they were in the comic book.

Wataru

The Light Fantastic

59113 Potch
0 Soldiers
515589 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2006 9:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Storm and Wolverine never had a relationship in the comics as far as I know, but I hear they do in this movie. Cyclops seems to be hardly in it, though. Interesting since Dark Phoenix is involved. Bolivar Trask is also in it but no mention of Sentinels.

Vinnie Jones and Rebecca Romijn have supposedly both said they have signed on for more movies, so maybe Apocalypse and Sinister will show up later (since Angel is in this one).

BTW, Jubilee has been in both previous films, she just didn't say anything.

Demon King's Ambition

41 Potch
1150 Soldiers
25 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2006 9:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

What she said was "Please...kill me..." while Logan tried to console her.

I read somehwere that it was recently stated this movie would end the current Trilogy, but that for films are entirley possible. Since the movie is bound to be a box-office smash, I'm sure we'll get another movie or two.

Speculation ahead with what COULD be considered spoilers:
The brotherhood's attack is going to be HUGE. You can see the Golden Gate Bridge get destroyed. I'm guessing we WILL get sentinals, or at the least, production will begin. The black man talking to the president made me thing "registartion act" but I doubt they'd deal with the registration act AGAIN. So, the next logical step would be Sentinels

Anyway, I think the move is looking rather good so far.
Buff

Venus Doom

242611 Potch
0 Soldiers
6886538 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2006 11:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

wataru14 wrote:
Storm and Wolverine never had a relationship in the comics as far as I know, but I hear they do in this movie.

they actually do have a relationship in either was the comic book or one of the cartoons. it was in the future where both storm and wolverine were married. i believe it was in one of the comics.

Earthquake923

SB90's Mechanized Monsters

179201 Potch
0 Soldiers
778121 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2006 8:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

It was actually in the cartoon series. The one where nimrod was running around trying to destroy X-men in the past. The episode wasn't too bad, and they leave it off where they could possibly have a relationship.
Scrooge McDuck

The Flying Duckmen

885377 Potch
161 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2006 11:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well, Gambit's name (Remy LeBeau) appeared for a moment on the computer screen that Mystique hacked in the second movie, suggesting that he exists in the movie's universe. Maybe in this version he has gone from the Mutant Academy or maybe he is always in a different place altogether? Ah, even a quick apperance of a nameless mutant with kinetic cards in X3 would make my day...

What is Gambit's position in the canon comic universe anyway?
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Media All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 1 of 7

Jump to: