Suikoden Uncouth and Informational Kosher Omniscient Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Mike
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
TruePerception

Blind Eye

478325 Potch
1000 Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2006 10:35 pm    Post subject: Mike Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Maybe I missed this in S3, but did we ever find out what the deal with Mike is? To me it always seemed as if he had ties in Harmonia or some other large controlling force in the Suiko world. If I remember correctly (its been a while seen I've seen this), Kidd mentions something about him meeting with a group of people. I also noticed ZajIMeanMike's handle. Does that mean Mike is part of the Howling Voice Guild?
Camus the Noble

Les Renés

1056014 Potch
224 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2006 10:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

No, we do not know the story behind Mike. However, it is almost accepted as canon that he is a member of the Howling Voice Guild, and many think that he is in fact Zaj.
Starslasher

Chunks of Chaco-late.

1177790 Potch
300 Soldiers
35 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2006 11:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Mike's background, like so many other characters with their mysterious pasts, had never been entirely disclosed.

All that we know (or that i remember) about him is:

He's very, very suspicous; Geddoe comments after he's recruited him, "I smell a rat."

He doesn't like dogs; As Koroku, he acts friendly to you but then secretly rebukes you.

He has some affiliation with Watari at one time or another; I believe he asks you, the hero, in the comment box, about Watari and apparently is trying to keep his distance from him.

Mike may not even be his real name; In Luc's POV, he introduces himself as Leonard, selling weapons or something like that. So what is his real name, anyways?

That's all i know about him.

As for the Zaj-Mike affiliation, that is just a coincidence-turned-joke. But it's like those Speculations on the Suikox website about Neclord being a nice guy, or Rikimaru being a Silverberg.

Bork! Bork! Bork!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
TruePerception

Blind Eye

478325 Potch
1000 Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2006 11:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I think I would really enjoy finding out more about Mike in a future Suikoden. Maybe he knows Watari from the Higheast thing that Flik and Viktor took part in.

Daily Funny Award for May 1st, 2008
Zaj I mean Mike

I just sell weapons

500 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2006 11:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

He has some connection to Harmonia, and did somthing in the High East Rebillion, told Luc he sells wepons, infaltrated your army, is mostly likly a member of HVG and looks a little like Zaj.

CLERKS
TruePerception

Blind Eye

478325 Potch
1000 Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2006 11:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

By the way, who IS Zaj. All I know is that he's is in Suikogaiden and has some connection to Nash.

Daily Funny Award for May 1st, 2008
Buff

Venus Doom

242611 Potch
0 Soldiers
6886538 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2006 11:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

zaj is the person who killed nash's family by some poison.that's all i know.

Devoted protector of Ferid and Arshtat
Zaj I mean Mike

I just sell weapons

500 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2006 1:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

When Nash got back from the HVG Zaj was his sisters tutor and fiance. Nash look in to him and found he was Zaj of the Black Moon a squire gunner from the HVG. Zaj killed Nash's familiy exept for the sister how was torn between them Nash and him fought. Zaj faked his death then staretd messing with Nash from afar and later Nash killed him.

For more go to "Suikosource" and goto games they have an explanation and pictures from both Gaidens.

CLERKS
Wataru

The Light Fantastic

59113 Potch
0 Soldiers
515589 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2006 9:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

If Mike was Zaj, wouldn't Nash recognize him?

Disciples of Death

331436 Potch
0 Soldiers
2442517 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2006 1:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I resent the remark that Rikimaru being a Silverberg is only speculation, and I swear to you that Guillame is a super-being, maybe even a lost Sindar prince.

Chief of Beat-em-up Honeys Division, Devoted Protector of Lady Tifa Lockhart
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Axiose

Altruistic Apparitions

100019091 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2006 5:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I also think people get carried away saying "it's most likely he's a member of the HVG"

Why?

Where's the evidence of this? Unless there was something I missed in the manga I don't remember any of this. He says to Luc that he's a weapon seller but that has no connection what so ever to the HVG. Just because he vaguely looks like Zaj in the right or wrong light doesn't mean he has any connection to Zaj or the HVG.

[Axiose] [Fliktor]
Zaj I mean Mike

I just sell weapons

500 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2006 5:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Have Kidd investigate him and at night he talks to men in cloaks with odd wepons on thier back a percfect descreption of Clive.

CLERKS
John Layfield

Last Literature D-Line

509933 Potch
9300 Soldiers
3525 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2006 11:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

What shoots down the Zaj/Mike theory is that their listed dates of birth are different. Remember, that these dates come from Konami, not the characters, so it's not a case of Mike "lying" to protect his true identity.

Then there are these factors to consider.

- Why is he assuming a fake name (several in fact) in Caleria?
- Why did he join the Fire Bringer?
- Why did Nash never recognise him?
- Why did he and Nash never conflict in any way?
- How does he know Watari? Watari was a Highland agent all his life. Not much connection to the HVG there.
- He 'just vanishes' at the end of the Second Fire Bringer War. Does anyone seriously believe he wasted a year of his life pretending to play cards for no reason?
One day, I shall come back. Yes, we shall all come back. Until then, there must be no regrets, no tears, no anxieties. Just go forward in all your beliefs and prove to me that I am not mistaken in mine.
Felipe

Intelligent Turtle

584845 Potch
1200 Soldiers
500 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2006 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:
Have Kidd investigate him and at night he talks to men in cloaks with odd wepons on thier back a percfect descreption of Clive.

I don't know for sure but, aren't Sturm, Stern, Mond and Talgrund the only guns in the Suikoden world? If it's true that means Mike was talking to Clive if we think the way you do.

I don't even think that "men in cloaks with ood weapons" is a perfect description of Clive.

Les Renés

1056014 Potch
224 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2006 2:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:
I don't know for sure but, aren't Sturm, Stern, Mond and Talgrund the only guns in the Suikoden world?

I'm never heard of this before, but I'm almost certain that they're not. What would the other Guild members use?
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Character Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: