Suikoden Uncouth and Informational Karma Objective Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Gameplay Tips and Tricks
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Gameplay Questions & Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Decado

Desert Elite

357208 Potch
0 Soldiers
4283 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2004 9:10 am    Post subject: Gameplay Tips and Tricks Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I hope that this is posted in the correct thread.

Has anyone found and tips and tricks with regards to general gameplay in Suikoden 2?

I have just discovered that you can play about 90% of the game with 1 hand.

Just use the L1 instead of the X button and the L2 button instead of the O button.

The only time when you need to use your other hand is when you need to open the menu screen.
Eriatarka

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2004 9:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

...because lord knows how much strain it is to play an RPG...I dont wanna know what the other free hand was needed for...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Decado

Desert Elite

357208 Potch
0 Soldiers
4283 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2004 9:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

LOL :D

I don't regard it as a strain to play with 2 hands, it is a nice touch though.
Aurelien

1567728 Potch
0 Soldiers
157 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2004 10:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:
I have just discovered that you can play about 90% of the game with 1 hand.

My question is, why is it being considered as a gameplay tips and tricks? It's more like an obstacle rather than helpful IMO. Sure you could use the free hand to eat, but you would still have to put the controller away when you wash the dishes anyway. Sure you could use the computer/internet with the other hand, but it's very bothersome to use one hand to type with the keyboard.

~City-States of Jowston and Tinto Republic~
06.06.2004 - 20.01.2008

Decado

Desert Elite

357208 Potch
0 Soldiers
4283 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2004 10:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Ahhh!!

You see that just shows a lack of fore planning on your behalf.

All you need to do is eat fast/take away food!!! When you have finished then you can simply throw the waste into an handy nearby bin with you free hand AT THE SAME TIME AS PLAYING THE GREATEST RPG ON EARTH!

How considerate of Konami to give us all a chance to develop our ambi-dexterity as well as useful multitasking skills.
And1balla

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2004 10:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I never really do anything while I'm playing Suikoden except... play Suikoden. So the multitasking thing doesnt really help me out.
Thanks
And1balla
Lunarblade

White Wolf Templars

1428 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2004 12:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

LOL, I don't think I'll be needing to play with one hand until Suikoden starts getting bromides like the Lunar series. >_>

Sinocard wrote:
I dont think I am above women, I think I am above everyone.
Excalibur1027

The Dark Ones Own Luck

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
15000 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2004 12:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Lunarblade wrote:
*laugh*, I don't think I'll be needing to play with one hand until Suikoden starts getting bromides like the Lunar series. >_>

:shock: Suikoden bromides... you know, that's not really such a bad idea! Umm, well, for collecting purposes only of course *cough*.

Anyways, back on topic, I'm not sure if anyone has noticed yet, but you can walk around in S3 with R3 as long as the analog is on. This means you can walk, and still use the X button at the same time. I've actually grown used to using it instead of L3. I can't even think of any other games that let you walk around with R3.

Scarlet Demon's Fangs

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2004 2:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

:| I'm not much of a fan for eating and playing video games at the same time. Of course this might be due to the fact that I think I've been gaining a little weight as of late.

Other than eating or... you know, picking up a glass of water... what other reasons would there be to play Suikoden with one hand? Well okay, maybe I don't want to know (like Eriatarka).

blauuurgggh!

174392 Potch
0 Soldiers
1291 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2004 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Excalibur1027 wrote:
Lunarblade wrote:
*laugh*, I don't think I'll be needing to play with one hand until Suikoden starts getting bromides like the Lunar series. >_>

:shock: Suikoden bromides... you know, that's not really such a bad idea! Umm, well, for collecting purposes only of course *cough*.

somone made a fan-site devoted to "male bromides"(a friend told me once that there is a "for girls" version of Lunar in japan that has bromides. I drew a pic based off of one if the pics he said existed and gave it to the girl)

its amazing, all theway to 1999. god how I feel out of touch with time

http://www.gurlpages.com/art/elainefair/
was the site, its gone now. forunalty for some she had a no henti rule.
archive.org gave me this
http://web.archive.org/web/*/http://www.gurlpages.com/art/elainefair/
so, maybe we can make an art site "the suikoden bromide project"

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Eggith Cyrene

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2004 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well theres the Infamous "Maltida glitch" which from muse you can actulary Push the door to enter the maltida domain. You can level up to mid 40's and attain both futch and humphrey before you even make it too kuckus.

Also apparently theres this trick when you go to an inn and are asked to save supposedly if you hit the cancel button u stay for free.

Suikoden 5 didnt make me less of a fan; it restored my faith after the abomination that was suikoden 4.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Elc

Rebel of Babylon

1133304 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2004 10:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Eriatarka wrote:
...because lord knows how much strain it is to play an RPG...I dont wanna know what the other free hand was needed for...

Juggling pineapples, of course.

... *crickets chirp*

Don't tell me I'm the only one who does that! :lol:

"You make me smash the clock and feel, I'd rather die behind the wheel.
Time was never on my side, So on I wait my whole lifetime."
fuji

9643133 Potch
16500 Soldiers
100 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2004 2:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Just to add a note to the one-handed playing "tip." You can open the menu using the SELECT button. You can also play Suikoden 3 with your right hand only as mentioned above.

I love that feature. it's not that it's difficult to play with two-hands, it's just a convenience.

As to my own tip or trick... hmm, here's a little meta-gaming tip...

In Suikoden 3, at the end of chapter 3 for each character, spend all their money on Gold Bars, Perals and Ancient Text. Then, if you can't locate any of these trade items, tie up your money in knight armor. You don't even have to wait until chapter 3. Geddoe's team will get great equipment from treasure bosses and not need much cash so you could start at chapter 1. Hugo doesn't have access to a warehouse until chapter 3 so I wouldn't start doing it until then.

This is because you end up with more money than you can carry. So instead of wasting anything greater than 999,999, spend the cash on inventory to be sold when needed during chapters 4 & 5. Even if you buy your trade items at the high locations (Vinay Del Zexay for Gold Bars and Ancient Text), you'll still make a 1:1 cash return. I would only buy at the high price locations in chapter 3 though, when you've spent cash on everything you need.

By doing this, you won't need to do the whole prosperity thing because you'll rarely run out of money unless you're sharpening everyone's stuff to 16 and giving the best equipment to all party members.

Try to get to the Flame Champion hideout with ~200,000 potch. Fight the Azzodess which should bump you up to 300,000 and you probably won't waste very much cash.

___ "That's not much"

"It's enough"
TheAngelicSin

Scarlet Demon's Fangs

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2004 3:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yeah, I wish I'd known about that 999,999 potch limit earlier. ;P That came as some annoyance when I beat a treasure boss. I started off with around 975,000 potch before the battle so I didn't get all the potch that was supposed to be awarded to me.

M'eh, I spent a lot of money sharpening weapons so I never had to worry about the 999,999 potch limit after a while. It's a good suggestion to do the armor / trade item thing though. Especially if you don't spend much potch with all characters. :P

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2004 5:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Blasphemy000 wrote:

In Suikoden 3, at the end of chapter 3 for each character, spend all their money on Gold Bars, Perals and Ancient Text. Then, if you can't locate any of these trade items, tie up your money in knight armor. You don't even have to wait until chapter 3. Geddoe's team will get great equipment from treasure bosses and not need much cash so you could start at chapter 1. Hugo doesn't have access to a warehouse until chapter 3 so I wouldn't start doing it until then.

This is because you end up with more money than you can carry. So instead of wasting anything greater than 999,999, spend the cash on inventory to be sold when needed during chapters 4 & 5. Even if you buy your trade items at the high locations (Vinay Del Zexay for Gold Bars and Ancient Text), you'll still make a 1:1 cash return. I would only buy at the high price locations in chapter 3 though, when you've spent cash on everything you need.

By doing this, you won't need to do the whole prosperity thing because you'll rarely run out of money unless you're sharpening everyone's stuff to 16 and giving the best equipment to all party members.

Try to get to the Flame Champion hideout with ~200,000 potch. Fight the Azzodess which should bump you up to 300,000 and you probably won't waste very much cash.

I feel that converting money in gold bars and such, to avoid the loss is more (and more boring) work than just making these money back off treasure bosses and such.
So you will save money, but will you save time with thsi trick?
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Gameplay Questions & Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: