Suikoden Unique and Illegal Knowledge Omniscient Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Stupid rose brooch!!!!
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Gameplay Questions & Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Noot

Faithers of the Defend

186551 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2004 6:07 am    Post subject: Stupid rose brooch!!!! Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'm a veteran Suikoden fan, having played the games about 30 times total. However, something happened in Suikoden 2 that made me so angry that I could get banned if I repeated what I said.

I got 106 of 108 stars with just Simone and Vincent to go. I was at 18 hours and right before the Matilda fight in the game, so I was on pace to get the perfect ending, see Clive's ending, and everything else. I just need the rose brooch to get the last 2 stars on my team.

I'm now at 23 hours. I can no longer get what I consider a perfect game (seeing all the endings, finding all the window/sound sets, etc) because I've passed the 20 hour limit on the Clive quest. I just have to wonder why did that stupid item not appear???

Is there a secret trick to make it appear in the rare finds or do I have to just play whack-a-mole with Tony for another hour before it comes out??? Any tips would be appreciated.
Njord

Island Nationeers

218645 Potch
1478 Soldiers
300 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2004 7:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I am sorry for what happened to you but I think you should try once more after you know exactly how to recruit every character and how or where to find the required elements for making them join you.

In my opinion, it isn't wrong to fail once in a while in achieving what you are aiming for but it would be wrong to give up just because you failed this one time, so you should keep on trying. :)

Anyway, I don't really know why it didn't appear for you, but for me I think I got it in Banner village just after I talked to Simone (or maybe before I talked to him...I can't really remember), but in any case you should get it in Banner.

Faithers of the Defend

186551 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2004 7:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

This is the first time it has never appeared. I've played this game about 8-9 times through already, and I've already got what I consider the perfect game. Only reason why I'm playing it again is because I wanted to go through SI-SIII before S4 came out *shrug*

It's hard to bargle naudle zauss with all these marbles in my mouth.
Daniel Blackhand

siswai'aman Brotherhood of Pain

330059 Potch
0 Soldiers
5731866 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2004 7:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I also hate the random item thing, it drives me straight into the looney bin.

Island Nationeers

218645 Potch
1478 Soldiers
300 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2004 9:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Nutflush wrote:
This is the first time it has never appeared. I've played this game about 8-9 times through already, and I've already got what I consider the perfect game. Only reason why I'm playing it again is because I wanted to go through SI-SIII before S4 came out *shrug*

Oh... in that case I only think that you have stumbled on some bad luck, which isn't a weird thing since most of us had faced them in their times, so just don't give up and try more than once until you get successful. :)

P.S. I too get mad when something doesn't go as I wish but it never stops me from trying repeatedly.

1567728 Potch
0 Soldiers
157 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2004 10:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Use the save-reset trick for Rare Find items. Basically make sure that you enter a town at least 30 minutes after the last time you check the Rare Find in the shop that you want to check. Then here are the next steps:
1. Save the game before you check the Rare Find.
2. Check the Rare Find. If you got it, then lucky you. If the item you want didn't show up. Soft reset the game and reload the save that you made in step 1.
3. Repeat step 2 if the item still didn't show up.

~City-States of Jowston and Tinto Republic~
06.06.2004 - 20.01.2008

And1balla

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2004 10:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

That is horrible luck. I have never had trouble finding it in Banner.
And1balla
Lunarblade

White Wolf Templars

1428 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2004 12:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I never had any trouble either....tough luck, man.

Sinocard wrote:
I dont think I am above women, I think I am above everyone.
NoFlyZone

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2004 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

That sucks, I have never had any trouble getting the rose brooch. Must just be bad luck...
Mekou

9500 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2004 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I think the first time I played it it never appeared, but the 2nd time I got it no problem.

Sorry about your unlucky streak. But follow Bugg's instructions, that's the best way. =D
Eggith Cyrene

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2004 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'm curious how someone could get all the stars (or most of them anyway) and get to highland in under 20 hours. It takes me about 33-37 hours to get there.

Oh wait nevermind. You could use the maltida glitch to build up your charectors to mid 40's and attain futch and humprehy. THAT would do it.

Suikoden 5 didnt make me less of a fan; it restored my faith after the abomination that was suikoden 4.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Filipe

The Executors of Harmonian Order

35712 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2004 7:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

You have no idea how many times that damn rose brooch drove me up the wall when i went there to buy it and it wasnt there for sale. Even after talking to said person it just wouldnt show up. So there I would be almost getting the last two characters for myself and the item doesnt show up screwing me up royally. The real kicker is that one time I forgot all about it and finished the game anyway after the darn thing wasnt there.

1567728 Potch
0 Soldiers
157 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2004 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Eggith Cyrene wrote:
I'm curious how someone could get all the stars (or most of them anyway) and get to highland in under 20 hours. It takes me about 33-37 hours to get there.

Oh wait nevermind. You could use the maltida glitch to build up your charectors to mid 40's and attain futch and humprehy. THAT would do it.

Matilda Glitch isn't the only way to achieve that. As long as you know what to do, then you could finish the Clive's quest well before the 20 hour limit and still getting the 108 SoDs.

~City-States of Jowston and Tinto Republic~
06.06.2004 - 20.01.2008

Noot

Faithers of the Defend

186551 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2004 3:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Bugg wrote:
Use the save-reset trick for Rare Find items. Basically make sure that you enter a town at least 30 minutes after the last time you check the Rare Find in the shop that you want to check. Then here are the next steps:
1. Save the game before you check the Rare Find.
2. Check the Rare Find. If you got it, then lucky you. If the item you want didn't show up. Soft reset the game and reload the save that you made in step 1.
3. Repeat step 2 if the item still didn't show up.

Thank you for the advice. I am at 25 hours now on this game (that whack-a-mole game by Tony sure does pass the time!) and still no luck. I will try this method just so I can get all 108 chars, at least, and then finish this game.

If I had known this simple trick at 18 hours, I would have been happier. But I guess nothing can always go as planned.

At 21 hours, I checked the rare finds and there WAS one there... a full armor. I bought the damn thing and it's been sitting in my inventory ever since. I think I will keep it there for the rest of this game.

Noot

Faithers of the Defend

186551 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2004 3:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Eggith Cyrene wrote:

Nah, I don't really build up my chars, even though I know about the Matilda glitch. It takes too long. I've just played it so many times that I don't need Richmond at all. I make sure to properly equip the few characters whom I intend to play the game with and just ignore everyone else. I skip the dialogue that I hate sitting through.

To put it simple, I just know what to expect so it doesn't take me long at all.

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Gameplay Questions & Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: