Suikoden Urgent and Inspirational Kriegspiel Ontic Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Clive's decision *CLIVE QUEST SPOILERS*
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jorge Prima

La Raza de Héroes y Protectores de Osito

938390 Potch
1120 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2006 7:29 pm    Post subject: Clive's decision *CLIVE QUEST SPOILERS* Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

At the very end of the clive quest Elza dies and blah blah blah. After finding out from Elza that the Duel with Kelly was a set up, he tells Riou that he will return to the Guild after the War was over.

First of all I want to make sure I have it right? Is that what really happend or do i have it confused? If am correct then why the hell would clive do this? To my understanding Clive was good friends with Elza and Kelly, and he would return to the Guild who damned them both? Why?

J et J

Angelus on Aftershave wrote:
But it stings SO GOOD.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
John Layfield

Last Literature D-Line

509933 Potch
9300 Soldiers
3525 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2006 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Because the Guild is the only way of life Clive has ever known. Remember, Clive has been indoctrinated and essentially brainwashed since he was a young child, possibly even since infancy, he probably can't relate to any other way of life.

That and the Guild as a whole didn't damn Elza and Kelley, certain higher-ups in the organisation did. To abandon the entire Guild based on that would be like abandoning your entire nation because of a handful of corrupt politicians.
One day, I shall come back. Yes, we shall all come back. Until then, there must be no regrets, no tears, no anxieties. Just go forward in all your beliefs and prove to me that I am not mistaken in mine.
Jorge Prima

938390 Potch
1120 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2006 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

John Layfield wrote:

To abandon the entire Guild based on that would be like abandoning your entire nation because of a handful of corrupt politicians.

Hell, if politicians were the reasons for killing my friends, I would most likely flee that country. Now I could see him staying because he was "brainwashed" but Clive seemed a lot smater than that. He could have lived the rest of life in Dunan.

J et J

But it stings SO GOOD.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
John Layfield

Last Literature D-Line

509933 Potch
9300 Soldiers
3525 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2006 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

You can be intelligent and brainwashed. Think about religious fundementalists who take the word of their holy books literally despite any and all contradictions. Many of those people are intelligent yet still believe in the literal word.

Clive is smart. He's also deeply indoctrinated into his beliefs. When the two conflict, he sides with what he has been raised to believe.
One day, I shall come back. Yes, we shall all come back. Until then, there must be no regrets, no tears, no anxieties. Just go forward in all your beliefs and prove to me that I am not mistaken in mine.
AA

Spears of the Sand

366104 Potch
200 Soldiers
3121 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2006 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

see i always thought he went back to the guild to sort out the injusice that happened, since he would be next in line to be the 'figure' head of the guild, though of course he would only be a puppet, but im sure he would have some powers.
Camus the Noble

Les Renés

1056014 Potch
224 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2006 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

It would be really cool if Clive comes back later in the series and has turned the Guild back into an honorable organization. Of course, I really don't see that happening considering how powerful the Guild leaders are...
mumbay

White Maiden Mercenaries

167500 Potch
50 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2006 9:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I believe Clive may overcome the elders descesions since he now knows how they run. He will hopefully run the guild by how he thinks it should be not by how they say. If i remeber Clive may go against the elders like Kelly and Elza
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
AA

Spears of the Sand

366104 Potch
200 Soldiers
3121 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2006 9:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

yeah, cus that worked so well for them. he's gonna have to play it smart. Find a few allies within the guild and reorder it form the inside.
rane

86165 Potch
50 Soldiers
40 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 9:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

yeah clive returned to the guild to finish those bastards! :P that would be great if it's true.. :|

To feel used, to feel lust, to feel wanted for once
To know there's somebody else who's dying to feel anything
I'm Ready and willing
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Jorge Prima

938390 Potch
1120 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

John Layfield wrote:
You can be intelligent and brainwashed. Think about religious fundementalists who take the word of their holy books literally despite any and all contradictions. Many of those people are intelligent yet still believe in the literal word.

Clive is smart. He's also deeply indoctrinated into his beliefs. When the two conflict, he sides with what he has been raised to believe.

It just would make sense that since Elza and Kelly, both had the intelligents to defy the guild, Clive could over come being "brain washed". Maybe Clive did go back to the guild for another reason. Maybe to seek revange? Possibly...

J et J

But it stings SO GOOD.
AA

Spears of the Sand

366104 Potch
200 Soldiers
3121 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 10:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well if we look at it we can see that Kelly and Elza didnt realise untill it was too late, they were doomed to die one way or another (if indeed killing Elza is the offical ending). Clive on the other hand has the advantage he has done what the guild asked of him, but has also been shown the truth about the guild masters, this, in my opinion, puts him into a position of power within the guild itself.

I don't see how Clive cannot break the cycle, he has the advantage that Kelly and Elza never had, he has the position to make the difference.

The other factor in this is the guild masters themselves, i dont think that they are going to let there puppet go so easily, let alone defy them, they arnt afraid of murdering there own numbers, they are surrounded by it,and im sure wouldnt hessitate.
Solitude

Fallen Angels

495 Potch
125 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2006 10:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

While clive may have been brainwashed it is a lie to say that is the only way of life he knows. I don't know how old Clive is officially but I doubt it can be much more than 20. He was out of the Tower and after Elza sense before Suikoden I. Suikoden I took about a year. Then there was the three years inbetween Suikoden I and Suikoden II. Then Suikoden II took about a year as well. So Clive has been on his own for five years now (maybe more) and has expierienced life for himself. Clive has the ability to think for himself now and he knows the truth.

So what will Clive do? He has already stated that he will go back to the guild. He is naive for not being able to figure out what really happened and for letting the guild twist him whatever way they wanted for all those years. However, I believe that he can break loose from their hold and stand on his own now. Weather he goes up against the elders or goes back to being used, its all speculation. So, I guess Clive's story hasn't truely come to an end afterall.
John Layfield

Last Literature D-Line

509933 Potch
9300 Soldiers
3525 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2006 10:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Clive was 26 during Suikoden II.

Remember that when Clive was on his quest, it's not as if he was out enjoying the sunshine. His life in the guild is still the only life he's ever had. If you consider hunting down Elza for over three years and ignoring everything that detracted from that a different way of life that the one he held previously, then we have different ways of looking at things.
Solitude

Fallen Angels

495 Potch
125 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2006 10:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yes I agree with you that finding Elza was his prime goal while he was out. However being away from the Tower for such an extended period of time does allow their grip on Clive to be loosened. Who knows though, Clive could have very easily been in contact with the Guild, but still new ideas on things had to have seeped into his mind at one point during his journey.
AA

Spears of the Sand

366104 Potch
200 Soldiers
3121 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2006 11:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

yes and add in the fac that Elza let him kill her in there duel and it could cause some very powerfull emotions
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Suikoden Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: