Suikoden Uncanny and Infamous Keystone Orgazmic Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Note concerning ship descriptions
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> Budehuc Castle
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Vextor

11331071 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2006 12:53 pm    Post subject: Note concerning ship descriptions Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I've been receiving a lot of ship-building requests, however, there is one problem with ship descriptions. Some of the submissions include things like, "this ship has 74 cannons." Now, this is the suikoden world, so things like "cannons" can only exist if you have the Howling Voice Guild" within your nation. I will remove descriptions that include things that simply are not possible (unless the entry is obviously a joke, such as with "The Chuck Norris").

"Special features" will be given out only if descriptions are realistic given the technological background of the suikoden world, and it also has to make sense considering your own nation's relative technology level. Also, ships with certain descriptions will likely end up with their ship's stats being modified. For example, ships descrived as being, "very sturdy" and like like will likely have better defensive stats, but will likely suffer in other ways.

Please consider these when making your descriptions, because it matters a lot. If all I get is a bunch of historical info, the ship will just get default stats.
iscalio

1681589 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2006 1:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I guess the Howling Blade's maneuverability of 54 is a typo?
John Layfield

Last Literature D-Line

509933 Potch
9300 Soldiers
3525 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2006 1:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

So, this could be also described as a penalty for those whose ship descriptions focus more on the lineage of the ship rather than the actual construction methods of the vessel?
One day, I shall come back. Yes, we shall all come back. Until then, there must be no regrets, no tears, no anxieties. Just go forward in all your beliefs and prove to me that I am not mistaken in mine.
Vincent Chase

1st H.A.C - Spread Your Love

314554 Potch
0 Soldiers
400 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2006 1:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Cool cool, because being the Guildmaster of the HVG, I get angry when people try to take our technology and put it on their ships. Give some of your national culture a glance and see if you can come up with something unique to the nation you occupy for your boats (as we did with our cannons).

I'm glad the Harmonian Ships are up and ready, but I noticed three errors:

HSS Bleu Tuna
HSS Shrew Eater

(Should be 'HHS' and not 'HSS')

The HHS Abbreviation is short for 'His Holiness' Ship', and these are the only two naming errors. Also, my ship, the Howling Blade has a MNU of 54, which I thought was unusual. Other than that, I want to see what kind of ships the other nations are getting ready for these new battles.

(Thanks to iscalio for noticing)
Leb

Pizza Toppings

497133 Potch
936 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2006 2:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I don't see the logic in punishing for focusing on lineage. A lot of us didn't grow up learning ship design, and as such probably don't know the difference between port and starboard.

I believe my naval vocabulary is limited to those two words, "mast", "rudder", "wheel" and "hull". I think if we can clearly point out the ship's advantage(s) without overstating them, it can still have the same effect.

...And I like how I never once said "cannon" in any of my descriptions, so this does not apply to me!
Vextor

11331071 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2006 3:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Punishing is extreme. It just means default settings. Default setting does not equal "punishment." "Specials" have a tendency to reduce stats in other places as well. I'm just giving you folks some tips.

And yes, I removed a bunch of expletives from the above paragraph.
Leb

Pizza Toppings

497133 Potch
936 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2006 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Oh, that was more in response to Layfield's comment that it could be described as a penalty.

Didn't mean to invoke your ire, boss.
Hawk Thanatos

Radical Dreamers

167582 Potch
43 Soldiers
1337 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2006 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Where is the Howling Voice Guild?
Shrew

The All-Star Rock n' Breakdance Electronic Band from Shenzhen

237023 Potch
110 Soldiers
100 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2006 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The Howling Voice Guild is somewhere in Harmonia, based in a place called The Tower. For the purposes of our little war game it's specifically in Sorrow's Peak.

Fear our Vagueness.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
John Layfield

Last Literature D-Line

509933 Potch
9300 Soldiers
3525 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2006 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

You know, that was quite precise. You're slipping, Shrew.
One day, I shall come back. Yes, we shall all come back. Until then, there must be no regrets, no tears, no anxieties. Just go forward in all your beliefs and prove to me that I am not mistaken in mine.
Hawk Thanatos

Radical Dreamers

167582 Potch
43 Soldiers
1337 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2006 8:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Still in Harmonian hands then. :(
Masaya

Flying Fusillades

222963 Potch
75 Soldiers
3635 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2006 8:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Hahah.. shh... It's also I current capitol I believe :-P. Anywho... I wonder if having the technology that the Howling Voice Guild has, is a country specific thing or just a region specific thing? Because technically along with ones captiol, couldn't you move the base of operations for the Howling Voice Guild, since it is under our control? :-P Just curious...

The All-Star Rock n' Breakdance Electronic Band from Shenzhen

237023 Potch
110 Soldiers
100 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2006 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well, our Howling Voice Guild is somewhat different than the real Suikoden's Howling Voice Guild. I doubt the Howling Voice Guild would ever allow itself to moved by the government, but it wouldn't be taken over by invaders either.

Here, if someone else were to take Sorrow's Peak, then they would take the Howling Voice Guild as well and have to option to convert it into a protectorate, which you guys opted not to do.

And Mr. Layfield: I am not slipping. Every one of those words was filled with such vagueness that it is over the vague limit set by the human mind and appears to be quite distinct. I could tell you what I actually meant by that post, but that wouldn't very vague, would it? Just know that something will happen, probably soon, and possibly involving chickens. Or acorns.

Fear our Vagueness.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Acheron

Stonewall Brigade

172597 Potch
200 Soldiers
1325 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2006 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

So should the submission be in form that there is a description to be posted and a few other paragraphs giving more detail? If a ship wanted to include, for sake of example, big giant pokers on all sides would there be a description of the ship and it's lineage that would be "official" and, with the submission, a reason why this would be able to be in the Suikoden world? Or would you rather it be less fluff and focus on the aspects that would be affecting SuikoX gameplay.
Noot

Faithers of the Defend

186551 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 1:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Shrew wrote:
Well, our Howling Voice Guild is somewhat different than the real Suikoden's Howling Voice Guild. I doubt the Howling Voice Guild would ever allow itself to moved by the government, but it wouldn't be taken over by invaders either.

Here, if someone else were to take Sorrow's Peak, then they would take the Howling Voice Guild as well and have to option to convert it into a protectorate, which you guys opted not to do.

Exactly. But for the purposes of our nation, we have our own group of individuals who make up the HVG outside of the Protectorates. They do all the boring stuff I don't want to do for the War Games, basically. :P It just so happens that all 3 members are actually on board the Howling Blade. No sense having HVG's patented gun-powder technology if you have a lot of dolts on board who don't know how to use it, am I right?

It's hard to bargle naudle zauss with all these marbles in my mouth.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> Budehuc Castle All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: