Suikoden Uncouth and Inspirational Kibbutz Objective Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Valentines Day
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
AA

Spears of the Sand

366104 Potch
200 Soldiers
3121 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2006 8:22 am    Post subject: Valentines Day Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

just wondering what the Suikox 'massive' (hmm sounded better in my head) was doing for this *cough* specially made up day.

Unfortunatly? i will be working from 2pm to 10pm so im not doing a thing, how about you?
Goldy

Kooluk Companions

543627 Potch
467 Soldiers
4141829 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2006 8:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I am working too but i already brought my girlfriend out for dinner and a few drinks over the weekend. We will not be doing anything tomorrow, too awkward during the week with both our busy schedules.
Arisu

Tobiume

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2006 9:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

well,nothing special actually ^^;; maybe just going to my friend's house.cause to me valentine day is still same as ordinary day ^^;

86165 Potch
50 Soldiers
40 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2006 10:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

well tell you all about it tommorrow. :P yeepee! :D

To feel used, to feel lust, to feel wanted for once
To know there's somebody else who's dying to feel anything
I'm Ready and willing
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
kuwaizair

blauuurgggh!

174392 Potch
0 Soldiers
1291 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2006 12:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

avodiing dying inside more and more. I wish I was a 16 year old with a boyfirend...or had a sappy, fluff-romantic idiot of my own.

It hurts seeing these ones flit around and all "ohh wee i dunnot wut i do for heem"

*slumps* I was hoping I'd of gotten somone before then, but I don't have daily hangouts so its all over here. would of been nice.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Vincent Chase

1st H.A.C - Spread Your Love

314554 Potch
0 Soldiers
400 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2006 12:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I hate Valentine's Day with a passion. It's a holiday that was invented to sell things and make single people depressed (see above). Not only that, it's also a holiday that only one sex cares about, while the other just prays for it to end quickly so they can get to their sex. Stupid, stupid holiday. At least make it a statutory holiday so everyone who is single can at least have a nice, relaxing day at home.

And yes, I hate when people don't know what to get their significant other. Either start paying attention to what they say or ask and then write some stuff down.

Valentine's Day is tomorrow, and I'm working 8-4:30. After that, I think some of my friends and I are going to a hot club, like the Kingdom or the Phoenix probably just to troll for girls. One good thing about the holiday: No one wants to be alone on it and it's easy to take advantage of this. I guess Valentine's Day is good for something after all ;)
RedCydranth

Ice Dragons

3650446 Potch
194 Soldiers
100 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2006 1:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Ice wrote:
I hate Valentine's Day with a passion. It's a holiday that was invented to sell things and make single people depressed (see above).

I couldn't disagree with that statement more. It irks me that people actually beleive this is a ficticious holiday. In fact it is a holiday enriched with history and is one of our oldest standing traditions, along with Christmas and Easter. Saying that, Valentine's Day was traditionally only a Roman Catholic holiday (St. Valentine's Day) and it meant little more than any other feast day for any saint. It was comparable to the feasts of St. Patrick in March and St. Francis in October.

Every February 14th, since the year 496 has been declared St. Valentine's Day. Originally the day was meant as a day where the religious go to church and pray, much like every other saint's day. However over time it gained popularity to mean a day of love. This was most likely because of the early spring animals were seen in the mid February pairing off to impregnate eachother so that when spring hit they could have their babies and start their family. And with that the connection of Valentine's Day and love was created. This was more or less in the 1300s or so in ye olde Europe. Ever since then it has been a day where couple rejoice their love for eachother.

Only recently, within the past 50 years has the catholic faith removed St. Valentine's day from its holy calendar. This was removed basically because there were too many feast days and the holiday didn't hold true to its original meaning. Nobody went to church on February 14th anymore, unless it fell on a sunday. But the name stood on the 14th as regular old Valentine's Day.

The made up holiday that you've gotten confused over is Sweetess Day, where it is completely made so that guys have to shell out cash to please their women. Only recently with the business explosion has Valentine's Day turned into a commercial for chocolate, flowers and stuffed animals. It was once a relatively nice day, and still can be if you take the conglomerate businessmen out of the equation. If you have a girl or guy who wants boxes of candy, stuffed animals and over-pampering, then you have someone who is shallow. A real person will only want to spend Valentine's Day with their loved one and maybe a small gift to show some appreciation, but nothing extravagant is needed.

My girlfriend knows my stance on Valentine's Day and our plans are to go to Chinese Buffet (basically because we plan on seeing Applebee's, Roadhouse, Red Lobster, Olive garden etc.. all filled up all night and we won't wait 3 hours for a meal) and then come home and relax. I am going to go get her a few small gifts. She's in love with Cadbury's Creme Eggs, som I'm going to get her like 10 of those. Beleive me that isn't over board with her, she goes through 10-15 a week, so its a nice gift. Also I'm going to get her a ring-pop because she wants one. She told me a few weeks ago that she wants a ring pop on Valentine's so I'm gonna get her one. After that, its up in the air.

The Ice Man wrote:
At least make it a statutory holiday...

You can't beleive what I was thinking when you said that... I was all worried you were going Pedo on us.

Fantasy Football (NFL) Sign Ups in Sports Forum!
Masaya

Flying Fusillades

222963 Potch
75 Soldiers
3635 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2006 4:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

lol About three weeks ago, before I was dumped.. I had plans on making this really expensive and difficult cake for my girlfriend. However, I'm no longer doing that so I'll probally just sit around my house and watch movies.. or I think one of my close female friends is going to come hang out, even she is taken her boyfriend is somewhere down in mexico getting drunk, so I get to be here date..blah it's still not the same <_<.

La Raza de Héroes y Protectores de Osito

938390 Potch
1120 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2006 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Sigh, I plan to spend Valentines Day alone as usal, on the computer crying and....eh, You know what I don't get when someone brings a valentines present for there mom, What do ya tell 'em "I don't know how to break it to ya but she's banging your dad.."

J et J

Angelus on Aftershave wrote:
But it stings SO GOOD.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Zaj I mean Mike

I just sell weapons

500 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2006 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

It's a made up holiday any way....I'm so alone :cry:

CLERKS
Masaya

Flying Fusillades

222963 Potch
75 Soldiers
3635 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2006 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:

You know what I don't get when someone brings a valentines present for there mom, What do ya tell 'em "I don't know how to break it to ya but she's banging your dad.."

Haha thats sooo true. Actually if you wanted though, it'd be cool to bring a Valentine to someone elses mom, so it doesnt' seem as creepy and insest-like :-P. I mean come on...there are "Some" pretty mom there ;).

La Raza de Héroes y Protectores de Osito

938390 Potch
1120 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2006 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Masaya wrote:
Quote:

You know what I don't get when someone brings a valentines present for there mom, What do ya tell 'em "I don't know how to break it to ya but she's banging your dad.."

Haha thats sooo true. Actually if you wanted though, it'd be cool to bring a Valentine to someone elses mom, so it doesnt' seem as creepy and insest-like :-P. I mean come on...there are "Some" pretty mom there ;).

Now thats funny, I am actually going to do that. Thanks!

J et J

Angelus on Aftershave wrote:
But it stings SO GOOD.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
rane

86165 Potch
50 Soldiers
40 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2006 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

oh man this creeps me out. honestly plz someone out there back me up.. John where's your words of wisdom. cmon guys it's not that bad... feels like there's only a few of us celebrating but don't hate the day cmon. :cry:

isn't there a day for singles?

i agree with you red that valentine's day has deep history in it. just read that last wk on my mom's biblical something something...

To feel used, to feel lust, to feel wanted for once
To know there's somebody else who's dying to feel anything
I'm Ready and willing
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
John Layfield

Last Literature D-Line

509933 Potch
9300 Soldiers
3525 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2006 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Someone calling me out?

Valentine's Day is a great idea which is a representation of love according to people in happy relationships and a sham to those who are single or experiencing relationship strife. That is, for the most part at least.

Singles day is every other day of the year. It just goes uncelebrated because it's so common.
One day, I shall come back. Yes, we shall all come back. Until then, there must be no regrets, no tears, no anxieties. Just go forward in all your beliefs and prove to me that I am not mistaken in mine.
AA

Spears of the Sand

366104 Potch
200 Soldiers
3121 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2006 8:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

yes it does tend to seem that way. i just wonder how many single people think that Valentines day is worth while.

On the other hand, even when i was in a relationship i didnt do the whole Valentines thing, why do people think that they need a day to show someone how much they mean to them. I thought that you were ment to do that all the time.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Community Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: