Suikoden Uncanny and Irenic Knowledge Oblique Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Travel to the Island Nations?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Gameplay Questions & Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
melange

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2006 1:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'm cool with getting to use Lazlo again... another potential powerhorse character to abuse! :) Just as long as he doesn't end up overshadowing the Prince like he overshadowed Kyril.. Kyril was so next to useless for me that I had at least 20+ characters who out-leveled him by 5 or more levels when I got to the end of the game...

"The waters of the Faytus River are cold, you know..." ~ Miakis
Anyone else notice that Lyon's weapon = overglorified switchblade?
Linnaeus

Meow Mages

167580 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2006 1:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

It's not that it became the "Rune of Forgiveness", it's just that it changed from it's atonement phase to it's forgiveness phase, in which case, he never ages. That said, he can live forever, just like with other true runes.
Falcon Critical

Haia's Star Pupil

678159 Potch
200 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2006 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

melange wrote:
I'm cool with getting to use Lazlo again... another potential powerhorse character to abuse! :) Just as long as he doesn't end up overshadowing the Prince like he overshadowed Kyril.. Kyril was so next to useless for me that I had at least 20+ characters who out-leveled him by 5 or more levels when I got to the end of the game...

Secret characters tend to do that, even in Suikoden II when you got Tir, if you compare his stats to Riou he is better at everything except TECH and SPD. What would be the point in having a secret character that's just average?

-- actually speaking of average secret characters, a classic example would be Cloud Strife in FF Tactics. In FF7 obviously he was a monster, yet in tactics he was crap compared to Orlandu, Beowulf or Agrias.

Meow Mages

167580 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2006 5:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Update and spoilers. Highlight to read.

Evidentally, in the game, there IS a travel to the island nations. It's to some island that wasn't in Suikoden IV. People speculated that the name translated to "Iluya", but then it didn't translate to that. It seems that the "Obel Soldiers" were just "Island Nation soliders", and that uniform is what all soldiers from the Island Nations wear.
End of spoilers.

Well, that answers our questions, for the most part.
melange

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2006 6:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Dzerassa wrote:
Update and spoilers. Highlight to read.

Evidentally, in the game, there IS a travel to the island nations. It's to some island that wasn't in Suikoden IV. People speculated that the name translated to "Iluya", but then it didn't translate to that. It seems that the "Obel Soldiers" were just "Island Nation soliders", and that uniform is what all soldiers from the Island Nations wear.
End of spoilers.

Well, that answers our questions, for the most part.

In more detail...
No it is definitely not Iluya. In the story it is revealed that the island was a deserted one which was settled later on when the Island Nations and Falena began diplomatic relations
End Spoilers

"The waters of the Faytus River are cold, you know..." ~ Miakis
Anyone else notice that Lyon's weapon = overglorified switchblade?
Linnaeus

Meow Mages

167580 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2006 6:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Was it the desterted island that the Mermaids lived on, or was it one of the other islands, like the limestone shelves or the mountain mass island? The Deserted island that the mermaids lived on would be a perfect location for the island nations to set up a central government system, because it is basically in the center of the Island Nations Federation.
Obel Soldier

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2006 9:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Dzerassa wrote:
EDIT: I found her. She's in the poster with Kyle, Georg, and the prince. It's strange that she has that large tan veil coming out of her helmet. And one of the Obel soldiers is girl c from the character list on the main page of this site. I have a feeling one of the soldiers is Obel Royalty, and Obel sends the soldiers to Falena to help the hero's party. That, or you can travel to Obel later in the game. It would be interesting to see how Obel has changed over 150 years..now that I think about it..

If there is Obel representation in Suikoden V, I'm going to be one happy man. You're not the only one that's wondering about how much Obel has changed from 150 years ago.

^ Shout out to John Layfield. Thanks for the sig, homes.

Zahak

Queen's knights

20981 Potch
44 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2006 1:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Can you even live forever with the Rune of Punishment? is Lazlo in Suikoden V?
Linnaeus

Meow Mages

167580 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2006 1:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yes, you can live forever with the RoP, because it went into it's forgiveness phase, and Lazlo isn't in Suikoden V because there isn't any upload data in this one.
Zahak

Queen's knights

20981 Potch
44 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2006 1:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

There isnt any upload data period? O_O that sucks..I was hoping to see Kyril and Lalzo possibilty.

I never thought it did, since it trains your life everytime you use it,think anyone from Suikoden IV is still around?
Linnaeus

Meow Mages

167580 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2006 1:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Aside from Jeane and Viki, no.
Zahak

Queen's knights

20981 Potch
44 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2006 2:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Hmmm..what is Killey's weapon supposed to be? lookslike a needle or something..
Alkazar

The Sons of Senan

0 Potch
200 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2006 2:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Dzerassa wrote:
Aside from Jeane and Viki, no.

How about Ted? Since, you know, he's about due to wind up in the McDohl home sometime about Suikoden V or so.

Meow Mages

167580 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2006 2:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Zahak wrote:
Hmmm..what is Killey's weapon supposed to be? lookslike a needle or something..

It's like Yuber's suikoden III weapon. and how does this have anything to do with the island nations? Not to sound rude or anything.

And Ted would be in the SME by now, adopted by Teo Mcdohl. So, that wouldn't work. And, he's not in the game. Falena and the island nations are not near Gregminister, where Ted would be. And besides, his sotyr is done. We know pretty much everything that happened to him.
Alkazar

The Sons of Senan

0 Potch
200 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2006 2:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Dzerassa wrote:
And Ted would be in the Scarlet Moon Empire by now, adopted by Teo Mcdohl. So, that wouldn't work. And, he's not in the game. Falena and the island nations are not near Gregminister, where Ted would be. And besides, his sotyr is done. We know pretty much everything that happened to him.

Yes, but his question was if anyone from Suikoden IV was still around, i.e. alive, not just if they were in Suikoden V or not. Your answer was not, therefore, entirely correct and I merely corrected what you said by mentioning that Ted was, indeed, still alive, because he's due to be found on the battlefield by Teo sometime around the same time setting as Suikoden V.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Gameplay Questions & Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 3 of 6

Jump to: