Suikoden Ugly and Inspirational Knowledge Ontic Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Messenger BETA
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sage

The Invincible Weeds

Potch
Soldiers
2 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2006 2:34 am    Post subject: Messenger BETA Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

There's a beta version of a new MSN messenger and I have 5 invites if anyone feels like trying it out. It operates the same way, but has a couple new features and is apparently part of a lineup of new windows features, but you need not have anything to do with those. It looks a lot neater than the previous MSN, imo.

First come, first served. Note you must have an email address I can send the invite to.

Ravens Troop

Potch
Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2006 1:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I wouldnt mind trying email me at Ravenjonny@gmail.com cheers mate :D
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Sage

The Invincible Weeds

Potch
Soldiers
2 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2006 2:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Okey dokey, there ya go.

4 Left.

Over-Enthusiastic Archaeologists

Potch
Soldiers
440 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2006 2:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

It's a PC only beta, I assume? :( (Mac User)

Proud Owner and Operator of The Hiccup's Speciality Grassland Atelier, the only place to find Electric Whiffle Bats!
Sage

The Invincible Weeds

Potch
Soldiers
2 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2006 2:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I just checked and yep, it's PC only. Sorry Mac folk.

Btw, 3 left.

Potch
Soldiers
440 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2006 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

OK, thanks ya `^^'

Proud Owner and Operator of The Hiccup's Speciality Grassland Atelier, the only place to find Electric Whiffle Bats!
Sage

The Invincible Weeds

Potch
Soldiers
2 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2006 3:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

No prob.

2 left now.

The Engineers

Potch
Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2006 3:46 pm    Post subject: Use Adium Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

HarmonianHiccup wrote:
It's a PC only beta, I assume? :( (Mac User)

I believe Microsoft is considering dropping all development and support for its free products on Mac. Windows Media Player's already on the list.

You should try out Adium. It's an open-source all-in-one Messenger client. What really sold me was the Growl notifications, which allows the system to alert me when someone sends me a message. A little unintrusive box pops up in the middle of the screen that contains the message that someone sent me, without interrupting my work. It pops up, displays for about 3 seconds, and then disappears, and I can go to read the message whenever I want.

It also supports tabs, automatic Buddy List resizing, "Meta Accounts" (where you can combine multiple IM names from the same person into one entry on your list), and MSN file transfer (it has problems with AIM file transfer, though. For that I use iChat).
HarmonianHiccup

Potch
Soldiers
440 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2006 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Is it very reliable? Most of the IM programs I've tried other than the "brand name" ones, so to speak, have all either died terrible programming-bug deaths or done some screwed up things to my OS. >_<

Arcana

The Engineers

Potch
Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2006 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I've had very few problems with it. It's not totally foolproof. It crashes once in a while. But my definition of "once in a while" is maybe once every few weeks or so. All I need to do is restart it.

I leave my computer on 24 hours a day with Adium running, so once every few weeks is nothing.

As far as screwed up things? Absolutely nothing. If you're using a Mac, then you already don't need to worry about "screwed up things". Adium adds an entry to your Library/Application Support folder, but that's about it.
HarmonianHiccup

Potch
Soldiers
440 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2006 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Huh! I'll really have to give it a try. :) My computer rejects/deletes MSN about every three weeks like clockwork (I'm starting to think my computer has some bizzare immune system function I don't know about...:D) and the rest of the time it's spotty at best, so...yeah.

Sage

The Invincible Weeds

Potch
Soldiers
2 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2006 6:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I have only 1 invite left.

Island Nationeers

Potch
Soldiers
300 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2006 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Me me me.

ravisgood@hotmail.com

Pwese.

The Invincible Weeds

Potch
Soldiers
2 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2006 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Okey dokey, on its way. That's all folks...at least from me.

Ravens Troop

Potch
Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2006 2:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Cheers for the invite man apreciate it
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Advertisements & Fun Links All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: