Suikoden Ugly and Illegal Keystone Orgazmic Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Tales of Legendia - Anyone playing it?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
josiskrazy

500 Potch
114 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2006 2:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

ive only just started Chapter 2 and i gotta say i liked it so far...the characters are fun except the VO are kinda sucky...to me Will and Senel sound alike so i get confused as to who's talking...Shirley's VO is so damn annoying...her character is a bit like Colette from ToS but so much more annoying...so far ToS is funnier, but when the characters break out into a song and dance, its pretty amusing...i havent played to much of ToL yet to say how the story compares to ToS...but ToS' story was kinda cliche'.

also any1 notice that Pippo has the same voice as Chiepoo?

Darkside of the Moon

500 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2006 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Everyone's Grudge wrote:
Graphics are never a reason to not get a game. In my opinion, choosing not to by a game solely on the graphics of the game is the lamest thing you can do.

So You' Play a game Where If you move Its only like one picture of the guy pasted on the screen. And theres like a string pulling him across the Screen. The background is a still picture always the same in every level. But the story was good. You'd play that? and Think its a good game because you Don't base games on graphics alone?

Graphics are the only thing that makes a game good. With out "good" graphics the game is junk. Thats how I think. Thats what everyone thinks! Thats what everyone DOES think in their deepest mind. Maybe even you. What If Final Fantasy Or whatever Went to The Very first Super Mario Graphics.? Humm? You'd think thats good?

Anywho. I heard that thins game isn't "as" good as he gamecube version. TOS. Tales of Symp. I'd Enstead play that one rather than this new one.

OR Try Grandia III Which comes out in a couple of days. I'm wanting that one.

9643133 Potch
16500 Soldiers
100 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2006 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

If you think everyone is a graphics junkie, you're sorely mistaken. Not everyone thinks like you, others do have different interests. While graphics are nice, add to the game even. Just because a game has poor graphics doesn't mean it's crap.

I guess I'm just not that shallow.

___ "That's not much"

"It's enough"
Locke

Poker of Doom

157293 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2006 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Graphics are nice, but they don't make a game. Katamari Damacy by todays standards doesn't have the greatest graphics but it is fun to play. Unlimited Saga has beautiful graphics, to bad thats the only beautiful part of that game.

If the next great RPG went back to say, the same graphics of Final Fantasy 6, I would not mind. As long as it had a great story and great features along with play control I'd be a happy gamer. Super Mario World to me is still the most fun Mario game.

I was playing Suikoden 1 at college one day after I finished finals to wind down and all people were saying is that the graphics were ugly. But once I explained to them the story and they watched for a few minutes as Gremio did his thing in Milichs castle they were hooked. I could go on, by my point has been made I believe.

3 Time Suikox WWE Fantasy Champion
Himuro

La Morte

844834 Potch
500 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2006 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I can't believe someone on a Suikoden forum is talking about how graphics are the most imiportant in games.
Celes Tilly

Buttery Lungs

290293 Potch
666 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2006 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Locke:

Yeah, I'm way past that. When did he join... yeah, he does meet up with you in the waterways. He doesn't join your party right then and there, but shortly afterward he does. I'm in chapter five, and I'm pretty sure I'm damn near the end of it. Things are really starting to get interesting now (not that they weren't before, but now it's like AH MUST PLAY...)

I was thinking that Will is like Raine, too... did you dislike her? I thought she was funny, and I like Will. I can't tell by your comment, heh.

I'm not too fond of Norma (she was pretty annoying at first, but I've warmed up to her somewhat... at least she's funny), but eh. She's not as bad as she was at the beginning.

Shirley is annoying. -_- Geh.

Anyhoo... I dunno who else said it (outside of moi), but yes, the music is really good; I don't generally get OSTs, but I'm contemplating it for this game.

Graphics... these graphics don't bother me at all; I liked Final Fantasy VII enough, and it had some of the worst graphics ever. It's not really about graphics for me, but the story and characters and such. I guess pretty graphics never hurt, but eh. Never judge a book by it's cover, as they say.

But the graphics for this game aren't bad. They add to the personality of the game. I rather like them.

And why would anyone expect another Tales of Symphonia? Games are only fun because of variety.
Locke

Poker of Doom

157293 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2006 9:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'm just miffed at ToS, well actually my whole Gamecube right now. My memory card that had virtually ALL my cube data stopped working last Sunday. But Raine was okay. My favorite character in ToS was Zelos. I just liked the character arc he had.

And I agree, Shirley annoys me.

Himuro

La Morte

844834 Potch
500 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2006 9:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Hopefully Legendia sells well so we can get Abyss.
Synchysi

Creatures Once Godlike

11782640 Potch
18161 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2006 10:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I haven't come across anyone who likes Shirley, other than one weird person on the GameFAQs boards. Most people seem to favor Norma, despite the obnoxiousness. My personal favorite is Jay, by far.

There are seven chapters in the main quest, then character quests for each character other than Senel and Shirley that act as the second part of the story, but center on specific characters. I just finished the second character quest (about 42 hours in), and so far the game hasn't disappointed me. It's no ToS; that game had me hooked for a good two months, but ToL has a much better story. I've enjoyed it more than I did ToD.

Darkside of the Moon

500 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2006 11:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

:off topic:

Himuro wrote:
I can't believe someone on a Suikoden forum is talking about how graphics are the most imiportant in games.

I played suikoden 1 and 2 when the graphics were at those standerds.. So They ok for me.

and what does that mean? Only two of the suikoden games had graphics below 3d stuff. Your saying all suikoden grahpics suck? Because I thought 3 and four were pretty good. And two was much better than 1.

Like If any of you played that Grandia 1 game. Those grapics are funny.

But Man. TOL has graphics so amazingly poor for 2006.. where Final Fantasy makes movies? And TOS was so much better graphics than This new one. I'm sorry I can NEVER play a game if the graphics suck. Like Final Fantasy 7 I have NEVER played it because the graphics are such junk.

ANd like I said in my early post. NONE of you would play game where The grapics are so bad you couldn't see anything. But if the story of two Stick figures walking in a 2d world was good. You'd play it? No way.

You all say you don't care about grahpics but graphics are a major part in making games fun. Why Do you think companys make new games with better graphics that the older one? Because that is what makes a game! Sure story counts but not as much as grahpics. :off topic:

I Liked Zelos too :) Hes cool, but If your still thinking about getting this game. Get Grandia 3 ! it comes out in two days! OR save your money. and rent it. Don't go buying a game because It looks good. I've done that to many times and regreted everything. *cough* Romancing saga *cough*

Pizza Toppings

497133 Potch
936 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2006 11:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I sort of consider the game blasphemy, simply because Tales Studio has perfected what they do, and it pains me to see the development team behind Legendia really undo a lot of stuff that Tales Studio moved beyond-- bad AI, a plan, single line of combat, no Hi-Ougis(!).

...That said, I'm still playing it. Not nearly as far as some of you, having just entered Chapter 2. Am I the only one slightly irritated by the fact that there's no control of the attack chain? You used to be able to do different chains by holding up, down, forward, (and in Rebirth, back) on the D-Pad or nothing at all. Now it automatically selects the appropriate one between a regular chain and a single aerial. I'd take it off Semi-Auto and see, but when I do that I always seem to turn and face the wrong direction when I'm attacking.
Locke

Poker of Doom

157293 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2006 11:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

All I have yet to say about graphics yet if graphics were everything and the only thing I based buying games on I wouldn't own most of the games I own now. Just my opinion, but play control > story > graphics. I grew up playing Pac-Man and Galaga, not 2 highly detailed graphic engine's there. And if graphics were so great how come I have yet to play an XBOX 360 game that to me is any good? Beautiful graphics, blah everything else. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. And quite frankly the art style in ToL fits the game. I liked Grandia's graphics.

I miss the battle engine from ToS. There is just something from that I enojoy. Star Ocean 2 and ToS have it down pat. 3D battle screen + button mashing + some strategy = FUN!

I get lost on the world map to much in ToL. Whats up with having mountains everywhere? To get to X you have to go all the way around mountains. Sure are a lot of mountains considering really where this game takes place.

Celes Tilly

Buttery Lungs

290293 Potch
666 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2006 12:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Has anyone gotten really high 'combos' or whatnot? I can't break 100 hits... the highest I got was a 98. How annoying...

I like Jay, but I still think he's actually a girl pretending to be a boy. >_>

Oh yeah, Curtis and company... when they started singing I was so happy I was the only one home. Haha.

The single line of combat bugged me at first, too. I've been playing ToS almost non-stop for the past three weeks, so it was an odd adjustment. Still, I think it would have been retarded if they had just pumped another ToS.

People like Norma? She's just barely tolerable. I keep wishing I had the option of leaving her in a dungeon or a ditch or something. Urgh.

OT: ToS in Japanese = totally awesome.
Synchysi

Creatures Once Godlike

11782640 Potch
18161 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2006 2:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Combos build up in climax mode, so if you can start off a large boss with 30 or so hits, you can enter climax mode and surpass 100 easily. I did that on one of the larger bosses later on and got up to about 120 hits before the thing finally died on me. I still had about 1/3 of the climax meter left to go, too.

An easy way to extend combos is to map skills with high combos (Chloe's sword rain or one of its many incarnations or Jay's Ill Wind, for example) to L2 and R2 and have them execute their move right as Senel's combo is finishing, then start yours back up when they finish. This is especially easy in climax mode.

Takemura wrote:
But Man. TOL has graphics so amazingly poor for 2006.. where Final Fantasy makes movies? And TOS was so much better graphics than This new one. I'm sorry I can NEVER play a game if the graphics suck. Like Final Fantasy 7 I have NEVER played it because the graphics are such junk.

Then you're missing out on some of the greatest games ever created. Graphics don't, and shouldn't, make or break a game.

Quote:
ANd like I said in my early post. NONE of you would play game where The grapics are so bad you couldn't see anything. But if the story of two Stick figures walking in a 2d world was good. You'd play it? No way.

If the game was good, then yes. You ever played the Dragon Quest/Warrior series before VIII? Especially on the NES, the graphics were absolutely terrible, but DW4 is one of my favorite games of all time. Same with Strider, Blaster Master and Bionic Commando on the NES; they all had poor graphics but were still some of the best games I've ever played.

Quote:
You all say you don't care about grahpics but graphics are a major part in making games fun. Why Do you think companys make new games with better graphics that the older one? Because that is what makes a game! Sure story counts but not as much as grahpics.

You shouldn't limit yourself to playing just visually appealing games. Sure, good graphics may help make a game more enjoyable, but it's like voice acting; if it's there and it's good, then it makes the game more enjoyable. If not, oh well. No big loss (see Castlevania: Symphony of the Night. Average graphics, terrible voice acting, but one of the greatest games ever created). There are still plenty of other things games have to offer that keep you hooked, as long as you keep an open mind.

Poker of Doom

157293 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2006 3:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Bionic Commando, now there is a game that needs a sequel. And Moses happy dance cracks me up everytime. I wasn't to sure at first, but this game is growing on me.

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: