Suikoden Urgent and Infamous Kibbutz Ontic Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

News images (2 last Queen's Knights, Romance?)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
arts03

12000 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2006 12:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Whoa..this is a bit of a surprise..

I didn't expect the hero would have many girls as a love interest. I really am very excited how everything would turn out to be!
MMan9000

Animal Rangers

3075764 Potch
275 Soldiers
400 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2006 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Miakis looks somewhat depressed or sad in that picture. Perhaps the Prince is comforting her about something. Then again....could there be more to it then that?

Official Smoke Bomb User

Space For Rent. Contact Me for Details
Calista Suphina

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2006 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

....or maybe, he simply collapsed and fell into her arms, and she's concerend about him :P

I mean, most of the rune bearers collapsed if they used their rune O.-
Admiral Ackbar

Seekers of Hawke's Hot Stuff

1008758 Potch
100 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2006 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I disagree with most of you. If Miakis really was a love interest on the same level as Lyon, then she would be featured as much as Lyon. As it stands, the four main characters of the game are the hero, Lyon, Georg, and Sialeeds. If Miakis was more important, she would be on the main mural (the one that also acts as the cover of the game) along with Lyon. I could be wrong, but I seriously doubt she'll be a romantic interest. I'm not discounting her having romantic feelings for the hero, but the hero would likely never return affection. That's how the silent Suikoden heroes are.

^Actual quote!
VikiFanatic

Keepers of Balance

841792 Potch
0 Soldiers
760 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2006 1:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

It's another stereotype which could relate to most anime/manga characters to date. A girl with a crush on the hero but covers it up with other things. Miakis uses her very dark humor to good use on this but discloses nothing about her feelings to the hero as she only stays as an onlooker in his life.

THAT would be the case if she is indeed interested. She reminds me suddenly of a mix of Hinata Hyuuga/Sakura Haruno from Naruto... But that's a bit off-topic.

Hawk Thanatos

Radical Dreamers

167582 Potch
43 Soldiers
1337 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2006 1:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Any romance will no doubt only be one sided. The heroes are always too determined to be involved in romance. At least that's how I like to think of it, it's either that or think of them as characters with no sex drive and incapable of feelings of love.

Suikoden's all about making war not love.
melange

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2006 1:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Normally I would agree with the logic of 'product placement', but that King's blog has been mentioning Miakis so often lately and that the Dengeki magazine keeps on hyping her makes me unsure. Also of the supposed 'four main characters' featured on the main poster, only three of them are repeated in the other two posters. Sialeeds is not. Yet Miakis (AND Kyle) is featured prominently on one of those other two posters. I'm not saying you're wrong, but we just really do not have the info and going just on 'placement' may not give the full picture.

Dang.. when are some full page scans of the Dengeki Magazine these pics are taken from going to surface? That would help clear some things up... hopefully.

"The waters of the Faytus River are cold, you know..." ~ Miakis
Anyone else notice that Lyon's weapon = overglorified switchblade?
Linnaeus

Meow Mages

167580 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2006 6:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Miakis has always been one of my favorites, and she was one of the first characters shown. In fact, she was the first character I had looked at on the official website. She appears a lot in the trailers, and even if she'snot in the hero's group a lot, that could still mean that she has a very important role in the storyline. Just like how Lorelai and Killey were shown in the character page on the official site. They might not have too huge of importance to the story, but they were a couple of the selected few to be shown on the character page pretty early on. Miakis seems like she has Cleo's role to me, same with Sialeeds. It's just that they show Sialeeds more because she is actually related to the prince, and we know why she's in the prince's party from the beginning of the game to the end.

Miakis is a different story. She's the princess' bodyguard, so there may be a point in the story where she cannot go with the prince because of her job. We also have to figure out how she became one of the Queen's knights, and why she's so experienced and has such an important job for such a young person. With Gerog, we know that he became a knight because of Ferid, and with Galleon, he's been the Queen's knight for a long time. Kyle, Miakis, Alenia, and Zahak are all unexplained as far as their backgrounds so far. Miakis is a very mysterious person, considering she was one of the first to be introduced.
MMan9000

Animal Rangers

3075764 Potch
275 Soldiers
400 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2006 9:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Heh, and her profile was apparently changed twice. Once from being new at her job, and somewhat clumsy, to being a veteran of her fighting style...

Well, Miakis seems to have possibly the role that Viktor had in SI, and Nanami had somewhat in SII (without her "death"). She doesn't join at first, perhaps because of her job, but she'll wind up joining soon enough, and sticking with you until the end...

Official Smoke Bomb User

Space For Rent. Contact Me for Details
Urn

Azure Flames

7756 Potch
0 Soldiers
970973 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2006 11:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I think there is a possibility that Miakis and the Prince would have a love interest. It would ass a lot to the plot and could bond two polar opposities based on principles. And let us not forget that she is a Queen's Knight not like Lyon/Rionne, who is training to become one. It seems like Falenian Royalty does have a thing for their knights. So, it is certainly possible. Also, lets not forget that Kasumi was a love interest for Tir and was not featured halfway as much as Gremio...same as Riou's love interest in Suikoden 2. But, it will obviously be a one-sided interest.

KOOLUK SUPPORTS TINTO MINERS
yuber75

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2006 2:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Actually if you looked at the translation of King's block on suikosource, King hints at what Miakis says in her Unite Attack. Something like
"I won't lo____"
Zahak

Queen's knights

20981 Potch
44 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2006 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Wow this is looking pretty hott, so the last 2 Queen's knights will most likely be the next updates?
melange

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2006 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

yuber75 wrote:
Actually if you looked at the translation of King's block on suikosource, King hints at what Miakis says in her Unite Attack. Something like
"I won't lo____"

Looking at the japanese used on the blog itself... it's probably "I won't lose~~~~~!" Doesn't seem to have anything to do with romance ^^0

Pollensalta

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2006 11:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'm not a fan of Miakis, not at all. but if they did it this way, at least it would avoid the FF7-esque rabid fanatics about the whole "ZOMGZ HE LOVES THIS PERSON, IT'S CANON" etcblahblah. At least you'd know that you'd be able to make a choice, and it wasn't forced on the player.

I'm actually disappointed by the scenes myself though, I was hoping Lyon would have a crush oh the hero during the story. Wasn't thinking Miakis would be all too important and I'm bummed.
melange

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2006 11:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I think Lyon holding a torch for the Prince is more or less a given... its whether or not Miakis has any feelings thats the question. Anyway what's wrong with Miakis? I like her almost as much as I like Lyon and would be hard pressed to make a choice if one is forced on me... I both want and don't want the game to require a hard decision like this.

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Character Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: