Suikoden Uncanny and Irenic Kosher Objective Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Was Luca Blight that strong
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Deleted User 1

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2004 12:01 am    Post subject: Was Luca Blight that strong Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'm playing through Suikoden 2 for like the 5th time and i just finished the Luca battle when i was fighting him...I realized he's not all that strong....I mean the only thing that makes him strong is the whole fire on the sword thing...When he just attacks three times in a row doesn't do much damage like with Victor if he has like Dragon armor he only does 1 damage each strike.....I'm sorry Luca's way overated as the strongest human ever in the Suikoden world....and in the duel with my Riou there attack damage was pretty much the same for attack and wild attack....I'm sorry to all the Luca fans out there if this disturbs you
Eriatarka

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2004 12:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

ok...can you name someone harder then.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Deleted User 1

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2004 12:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Meh i had a toughter time with Yuber in Greenhill then i did with Luca
TheAngelicSin

Scarlet Demon's Fangs

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2004 1:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Not to be overly picky or anything but... isn't Yuber NOT human? ^^; And for some reason I found Sarah to be a lot harder than any fight with Yuber, damn her.

Personally, I found Luca to be challenging but not near-impossible to defeat. But, I can't recall any human that was harder to beat than him. Unless you'd want to count Neclord from the first Suikoden as human.

EDIT: Or, you know, Sarah from Suikoden III since I seemed to have mentioned her above... and thought the final fight with her was a hell load of a lot harder than any fight with Luca in II.
Seiferalmasy1930

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2004 2:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I took 1 hour to defeat Luca .

I should have recruited Valeria and Anita earlier on for their awesome unite .

Visit Kika or get your Kika goodies at :

http://www.geocities.com/seiferia/kikaindex.html
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Lord Riou

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2004 2:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Luca Blight is strong alright but Riou is WAS WAAAY STRONGER....I think?
Lord Riou

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2004 2:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

And by the way ...if you doubt it...go ask Marlowe from Tinto....
Njord

Island Nationeers

218645 Potch
1478 Soldiers
300 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2004 3:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Actually, they described Luca as the strongest man because he only depends on his natural power not on runes, which makes him the strongest man in the Suikoden world and you should accept this fact because we yet didn't see a strong character who can equally face him without the use of runes.

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2004 4:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

how did u know Luca is not using any runes?
Aurelien

1567728 Potch
0 Soldiers
157 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2004 4:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

flik wannabe16 wrote:

When did we fight Yuber in Greenhill in Suikoden 2?

Lord Riou wrote:
how did u know Luca is not using any runes?

Official Japanese publications (Genso Shinsyo perhaps?) revealed that Luca Blight didn't use any runes, and his fire attack was item based (though you could silence him in the game to stop him using the fire attack).

~City-States of Jowston and Tinto Republic~
06.06.2004 - 20.01.2008

Solstice

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2004 4:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

That rune bit is new to me. The fight with Luca wasn't all that hard, then again, how many characters did we have fight him? :P
Lord Riou

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2004 4:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yeah i guess ur right ..until he got beat one on one by you know who :)
Eriatarka

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2004 5:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Bugg wrote:
flik wannabe16 wrote:

When did we fight Yuber in Greenhill in Suikoden 2?

That's what I was thinking...He summons the bone dragon...

The only time you fight Yuber in real battle is in 3
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Aurelien

1567728 Potch
0 Soldiers
157 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2004 8:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

If flik wannabe 16 referred to the Bone Dragon, I'm honestly confused then. Bone Dragon is definitely one of the easiest bosses in the game considering that by that time you'd have a strong party with a whole lot of runes to choose.

But yeah, I consider Luca to be the hardest boss in Suikoden 2 with the exception of Beast Rune if it got lucky with the shield and status attack.

~City-States of Jowston and Tinto Republic~
06.06.2004 - 20.01.2008

Eggith Cyrene

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2004 8:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Luca Blight is a strong mother. name someone else that took hundreds of archers, 18 people and a final duel to vanquish? Also he had something like 18 attack and defense in the strategy battles. As for the fire attack The Creator of the series said "luca used an item to do that"

Suikoden 5 didnt make me less of a fan; it restored my faith after the abomination that was suikoden 4.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Character Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5

Jump to: