Suikoden Utopian and Irenic Knowledge Old Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Romance Speculations
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Linnaeus

Meow Mages

167580 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2006 7:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Holy Paladin wrote:
Dzerassa wrote:
Blue Thunder wrote:
Well, in Suikoden 2 I think Georg mentions something about a woman in his past that he loved. I may be mixing that memory with something else though. I'm thinking his most likely relationship would be with Sialeeds (yes, I hate the name too...), since Konami probably would have revealed any romantic interests of his already, even if they never revealed her to be one. They would at least make her known.!

Yes, Georg mentions that there was a woman that he was "willing to give it all away to." or something of that matter. But, this would bring us back to the Hero/Lyon romance..since Gerog is more of Sialeeds' bodyguard than anything, but they are very close, from the screnshots, pictures, and trailers we've seen. They could also have some sort of bond because they are around the same age, while everyone else is either much younger or older than them.

If anything, I'm betting on Georg and Sialeeds, but Kyle and Alenia would be a cute couple, too.

I'm not to sure that a relationship between Kyle and Alenia would work. You have to consider the fact that Kyle believes in the Barows Family philosophy of non-Sun Rune usage and Alenia believes in the Godwin Family philsophy of Sun Rune usage.

That's kind of why I said that it would be cute, if that makes sense. Even though they argue during the storyline sometime, they would still make a cute little couple. I think that sometime during the storyline, they will settle their differences...but that's just me.
Falcon Critical

Haia's Star Pupil

678159 Potch
200 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2006 2:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Dzerassa wrote:
Holy Paladin wrote:
I'm not to sure that a relationship between Kyle and Alenia would work. You have to consider the fact that Kyle believes in the Barows Family philosophy of non-Sun Rune usage and Alenia believes in the Godwin Family philsophy of Sun Rune usage.

That's kind of why I said that it would be cute, if that makes sense. Even though they argue during the storyline sometime, they would still make a cute little couple. I think that sometime during the storyline, they will settle their differences...but that's just me.

So basically you're putting Alenia in the love vs duty scenario, sorta reminds me of the books I'm reading atm ( Robin Hobb ), so it could be interesting to see an outcome from such a decision. Normally the way it works is that she would give up her duty to be with her love, but in Suikoden I'm not sure it would be that black and white.

Animal Rangers

3075764 Potch
275 Soldiers
400 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2006 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Hmm...that would be interesting to see play out. I figured that something like that could happen...I can sense that they might actually have feelings for each other.

Official Smoke Bomb User

Space For Rent. Contact Me for Details
seink

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2006 11:24 am    Post subject: True Rune Bearers and Romance.... Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

So far in S series it seems that the Hero,True Rune Bearers, is incapable of developing a romantic relationship....most of the True Rune Bearers seems to only showed affection or were being interested by other parties...

I think this has to do with that fact that the true rune bearers's agelessness...essentially meaning if they fall in love it ultimately infers that their lover will die as time passes.

Also, if konami can make Kyril(ST) the offspring of a goat alien and a man, then i dont see why there cant be any incestuous theme.

On the other hand, i would love to see future heros showing a slight interest in Jeane...since she's getting hotter and bigger(O_o) as the series progresses...lolz XD
Linnaeus

Meow Mages

167580 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2006 11:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Falcon Critical wrote:
So basically you're putting Alenia in the love vs duty scenario, sorta reminds me of the books I'm reading atm ( Robin Hobb ), so it could be interesting to see an outcome from such a decision. Normally the way it works is that she would give up her duty to be with her love, but in Suikoden I'm not sure it would be that black and white.

It wouldn't have to be that black and white. There are plenty of families who have a republican parent and a democratic parent in the same household. The same can go for Alenia and Kyle. Besides, it looks like Alenia and Zahak will probably join the hero's side sooner or later in the game anyway.
Himuro

La Morte

844834 Potch
500 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2006 11:53 am    Post subject: Re: True Rune Bearers and Romance.... Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

seink wrote:

Also, if konami can make Kyril(ST) the offspring of a goat alien and a man, then i dont see why there cant be any incestuous theme.

Those furries are taking over..
Falcon Critical

Haia's Star Pupil

678159 Potch
200 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2006 3:37 pm    Post subject: Re: True Rune Bearers and Romance.... Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

seink wrote:
So far in S series it seems that the Hero,True Rune Bearers, is incapable of developing a romantic relationship....most of the True Rune Bearers seems to only showed affection or were being interested by other parties...

I think this has to do with that fact that the true rune bearers's agelessness...essentially meaning if they fall in love it ultimately infers that their lover will die as time passes.

Especially with the variety of personalities in the Suikoden series I dont think you can say "they know they will be ageless so avoid love". Not everyone has that opinion, there is the "it is better to have loved and lost than to have never loved at all" philosophy, and I seriously hope they do at least allow the prince to show interest in the likes of Lyon or Miakis.

From what we have seen there may even be an eternal relationship they're building if Lyon and Prince keep dawn and dusk runes, together forever is something they haven't really done yet in Suikoden yet surely is a possibility with these runes of eternal youth. This could of course lead to a highlander scenario where eternity is taken from them and you end up with one of the two all dark and twisted.

Anyhow - I've always assumed that the games dont' force the protaganists to show interest in anyone because it is supposed to be "you" as that character, and how would you feel in Suikoden 2 if you were forced to have 'moments' with Eilie but you had your heart set on Riou going after Meg or Ayda or Jeanne or whoever. In the first games yes I agree they had to be careful, but looking at the general suikoden player now, we all want to see some character development and story for our protaganists, even if this does involve relationships.

13694 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2006 1:13 am    Post subject: Re: True Rune Bearers and Romance.... Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

seink wrote:

Despite the goat look appearance, She was humanoid enough not for it to be that bizarre or incomprehensible.

Still don't see why people are so freaked out about that.
LaLaLaVinCE

Bro of Liang Shan Marsh

7820 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2006 9:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

New screenshots in official site showing HeroV hugging with Miakis...LoVElY... :oops:
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Character Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: