Suikoden Uncouth and Inspirational Kriegspiel Omniscient Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Romance Speculations
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Fox Hound

Former White Wolf

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2006 4:19 am    Post subject: Romance Speculations Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

*ahem*

Okay, we already saw in the Suiko series that romance was somewhat implied between the heroes and other chars, for example :

SI : Tir x Kasumi
SII : Riou x gypsy girl
SIII : Hugo x Belle, Chris x her knights, Geddoe x Queen, Thomas x Cecilia, Luc x Sarah
SIV : Lazlo x one of his bodyguard

Other non-hero chars for example were : Tengaar x Hix, Kirkis x Sylvana, Flik x Odessa or Nina, and many others.

So...... here's a fan hoping (which is higly possible) that there's going to be an actual romance relation between the Prince with Lyon or Limslair for that matter, with probably adding the spice of Georg and Syaris.

I mean come on, it's highly possible.....well, maybe. I hope.

what about you guys?

( and please, any yaoi pairings should be placed at minimum, I'm begging you ) -_- ;
Njord

Island Nationeers

218645 Potch
1478 Soldiers
300 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2006 8:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Lemslair is the prince's sister, I don't think he'll get any diffrent kind of love from her :roll:.

And Lyon seems to be too much devoted on protecting her prince to fall in love with him, she might has some love for him, but won't share it with the prince to return it back.

Killy and Lorelai, secret lovers, just hiding it to themselves because of the Sindar rivalry thing.

Rage

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2006 10:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Not good with romance speculations in video-games. But I will say that I think Sialeeds (god I hate that name) and Georg seem to be close with each other in that subtile kind of way.
Himuro

La Morte

844834 Potch
500 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2006 10:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Njord wrote:
Lemslair is the prince's sister, I don't think he'll get any diffrent kind of love from her :roll:.

You do know that in old times siblings married eachother right?
John Layfield

Last Literature D-Line

509933 Potch
9300 Soldiers
3525 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2006 10:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

There's no reason to believe that social norms in the Suikoden world always, or even often, correspond to those that existed at a similar level of civil advancement in the real world.

And, outside of that, excluding suspension of disbelief for a brief moment, the likelihood of a modern day multi-national corporation producing a video-game with an incestous relationship not only protrayed but openly condoned within the game is not something that is going to happen.
One day, I shall come back. Yes, we shall all come back. Until then, there must be no regrets, no tears, no anxieties. Just go forward in all your beliefs and prove to me that I am not mistaken in mine.
Fox Hound

Former White Wolf

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2006 12:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

ZOMG!! Jesus! My mistake !! :shock:

What I meant was the Princess's bodyguard @_@; ( I've mistaken her name with Limslair). I forgot her bodyguard's name so...... yeah.

I'm not into incest.... I've had enough of Drakengard.
Admiral Ackbar

Seekers of Hawke's Hot Stuff

1008758 Potch
100 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2006 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well, in Suikoden 2 I think Georg mentions something about a woman in his past that he loved. I may be mixing that memory with something else though. I'm thinking his most likely relationship would be with Sialeeds (yes, I hate the name too...), since Konami probably would have revealed any romantic interests of his already, even if they never revealed her to be one. They would at least make her known.

I think the Prince won't have any romantic ties, but there will probably be someone with a crush on him at least. That kind of character has existed in every Suikoden so far (Kasumi, Eilie, Belle, Millay). No reason to stop now.

Then there's the already revealed one...Arshtat and Ferid. But whether or not they actually love each other is another question. He didn't marry her out of love and affection alone (if at all), but because he won a contest. But who knows they could be a loving couple, and probably are.

I do have some speculation: the two dragon steeds from the game's cover. Who knows? It could happen!

^Actual quote!
Falcon Critical

Haia's Star Pupil

678159 Potch
200 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2006 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I have said it before, I'm a great fan of Prince/Lyon however one of the keypoints of all the Suikodens is having a hero not bound to one girl. I guess in a way its good marketing because everyone will like a different woman more than others, so by not binding the hero to any one girl he can have moments with everyone and its left to us to speculate and find relationships where we want them.

Having said that they normally have one girl that is a little more interested than the rest, but if they were to bind the hero to one girl it could hurt their fanbase i.e.

EXAMPLE
Prince/Lyon is stated as fact.

People realise it and there are some touching moments ala FFs always having one main love interest. People will however say "but I like Mikias better", or "The prince needs to be with Rinfa since she's hot" or whatever.

I personally am not discounting Mikias as a love interest, though I would prefer the friends->lovers relationship to come between him and Lyon.

Then again having said that - even if they did state a relationship like the FF games it never stopped anyone setting up non-stated relationships in their heads, FF8 probably the best example with multiple Squall/Quistis and Squall/Selphie fanfics and the like.

Georg and Sialeeds seems like a relationship they will state a little more overtly, I mean Georg has that history which requires a notable female companion somewhere along the line, why not the Queendom?

I just sell weapons

500 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2006 8:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

This guy is a prince I would like to see him as a playa like Nash.

CLERKS
Jurhael

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2006 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:
and please, any yaoi pairings should be placed at minimum, I'm begging you

*pfffft* This is Suikoden. The odds of that happening are really slim.

That being said, I never speculate any kind of pairings until I have the game on hand. But Georg and Sialeeds sounds pretty certain since I also seem to recall Georg having a woman that he loved.
melange

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2006 3:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well judging by the dialog posted on this site (I have made a rough translation of it in the "The Official Site Has Been Updated Yet Again!" Thread) the Prince+Lyon pairing is hinted at quite strongly. The two of them look embarassed when Sialeeds teases them. Also the same scene seems to suggest some sort of underlying tension (perhaps romantic?) between Georg and Sialeeds.

"The waters of the Faytus River are cold, you know..." ~ Miakis
Anyone else notice that Lyon's weapon = overglorified switchblade?
Linnaeus

Meow Mages

167580 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2006 6:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Blue Thunder wrote:
Well, in Suikoden 2 I think Georg mentions something about a woman in his past that he loved. I may be mixing that memory with something else though. I'm thinking his most likely relationship would be with Sialeeds (yes, I hate the name too...), since Konami probably would have revealed any romantic interests of his already, even if they never revealed her to be one. They would at least make her known.!

Yes, Georg mentions that there was a woman that he was "willing to give it all away to." or something of that matter. But, this would bring us back to the Hero/Lyon romance..since Gerog is more of Sialeeds' bodyguard than anything, but they are very close, from the screnshots, pictures, and trailers we've seen. They could also have some sort of bond because they are around the same age, while everyone else is either much younger or older than them.

If anything, I'm betting on Georg and Sialeeds, but Kyle and Alenia would be a cute couple, too.
Holy Paladin

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2006 2:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Dzerassa wrote:
Blue Thunder wrote:
Well, in Suikoden 2 I think Georg mentions something about a woman in his past that he loved. I may be mixing that memory with something else though. I'm thinking his most likely relationship would be with Sialeeds (yes, I hate the name too...), since Konami probably would have revealed any romantic interests of his already, even if they never revealed her to be one. They would at least make her known.!

Yes, Georg mentions that there was a woman that he was "willing to give it all away to." or something of that matter. But, this would bring us back to the Hero/Lyon romance..since Gerog is more of Sialeeds' bodyguard than anything, but they are very close, from the screnshots, pictures, and trailers we've seen. They could also have some sort of bond because they are around the same age, while everyone else is either much younger or older than them.

If anything, I'm betting on Georg and Sialeeds, but Kyle and Alenia would be a cute couple, too.

I'm not to sure that a relationship between Kyle and Alenia would work. You have to consider the fact that Kyle believes in the Barows Family philosophy of non-Sun Rune usage and Alenia believes in the Godwin Family philsophy of Sun Rune usage.
Keiya

Deep Ground

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2006 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I think that from the text translations done by melange, there;s the biggest possibilities and Georg-Sialeeds(it's not that bad when you gt used to it) and Lyon-Hero.

However, this is Suikoden. Romance takes a back seat here. :*laugh*:

|Your kind and gentle words can't heal me now. This body's only dedicated to the never ending fight.|
Fox Hound

Former White Wolf

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2006 3:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

alright, based on the pics on Luther's thread

http://www.suikox.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=208248#208248

those pics just screamed of romances. Especially regarding the Prince x Lyon or Myakis, or even both? a love triangle?

or even better... a three some, I mean come on, its common practice for a prince to have a wife and mistress or two in ancient and medieval. :mrgreen: *j/k* Man I can't wait.

or....... Myakis's just glad that the prince is safe... and it's just some friendship conversation with Lyon.... meh. =/
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Character Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: