Suikoden Utopian and Informational Keystone Oblique Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Arshtat's powers (possible spoilers?)
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
El Regrs

15501 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2006 12:29 pm    Post subject: Arshtat's powers (possible spoilers?) Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I was reading the translation for King's Blog on Suikosource for today (2/5), and it mentioned the queen having runes on her face. On her face? So that thing on her forehead is a rune? Now I'm wondering...just how many runes does she have?
Njord

Island Nationeers

218645 Potch
1478 Soldiers
300 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2006 12:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Isn't the Sun Rune the thing on her forehead? I always thought that was it when they mentioned her having it.

I don't know of any on other parts of her face (Though maybe, her lips might have some runic powers, they shine when she talks :P).

Animal Rangers

3075764 Potch
275 Soldiers
400 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2006 1:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

That's what I thought as well. I figured that the Sun Rune was on her head, since I think I saw that it activated in one of the trailers, and it looked like it was on her head...

Official Smoke Bomb User

Space For Rent. Contact Me for Details
The Chizen Star

5907 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2006 2:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

If you notice, the rune on her head looks like the central, cross-shaped part of the full Sun rune. So, I assume that her rune, along with the dawn and dusk, form the True Sun Rune.

15501 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2006 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Oh, okay. I got confused at the mention of "runes."

I never really saw the cross shape in the Sun Rune, but I guess that thing on her forehead could represent it. I always mistook it for some kind of mark, like on Na-Nal residents. Only royal or something.
Njord

Island Nationeers

218645 Potch
1478 Soldiers
300 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2006 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

But you know, I just read the translation at Suikosource, and they mention something about the crown Arshetat wearing, about how it is actually floating or something, now I see her picture and that things looks more like a sun symbol to me than the thing on her forehead, I wonder if that thing is embedded with her Sun Rune just like Barabrosa's sword, far fetched I know since the sign on her forehead is the one seen to glow more in the trailer, but maybe who knows now for sure, the crown might even be just a treasure weapon of sorts like the Prince's and Saileeds', or a tool to transport the power or something, or another kind of rune, or just something to make her look all majestic and like, yeah, I need to shut up now :mrgreen:.

Animal Rangers

3075764 Potch
275 Soldiers
400 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2006 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I didn't know that Sialeeds had some type of treasure weapon. I knew that the Prince did, but not Sialeeds, despite the fact that her weapons look different then any I've seen before...

Official Smoke Bomb User

Njord

Island Nationeers

218645 Potch
1478 Soldiers
300 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2006 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

And apparently they are called Sun Rings :? (they don't look like any kind of rings to me).

Animal Rangers

3075764 Potch
275 Soldiers
400 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2006 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I noticed the resemblence to those chakram rings that I've seen in other games.

Of course, Sialeeds is probably mainly magic based since she was the only one in one of the screenshots at the official site to have a level three magic slot at level 18.

She also gives me the same vibe that Cleo did in Suikoden I. She'll probably be one of the first main supporters of the Prince and his quest, and one of the first magicians that the Prince can use (Miakis seems to be a decent magician as well.)

Official Smoke Bomb User

Admiral Ackbar

Seekers of Hawke's Hot Stuff

1008758 Potch
100 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2006 2:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The Sun Rune could be in her crown. The symbol on her forehead may just be a rune that she uses to channel the power. Just a wild guess, and I'm probably wrong. But remember that Windy's Conquerer Rune can extend it's powers through Black Runes (Note: Windy's Conquerer Rune is NOT a True Rune, I'm just using it as an example). Some runes in Suikoden have been split before, or have used other runes as an outlet for thier energy.

^Actual quote!
Vextor

11331071 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2006 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Nah, the Sun Rune being on her forehead has been mentioned by King a number of times. The crown is "nothing special" apparently.
Everything written so far points to Arshtat having the "Sun Rune."
Also, the Dawn and Dusk runes have been written as "lesser runes" although they are close to being at true rune level power-wise.
John Layfield

Last Literature D-Line

509933 Potch
9300 Soldiers
3525 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2006 2:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Sars wrote:
Also, the Dawn and Dusk runes have been written as "lesser runes" although they are close to being at true rune level power-wise.

In other words, the Dawn and Dusk runes operate independently of the Sun Rune instead of in a manner similar to the Rune of the Beginning and it's two lesser-forms, the Bright Shield and Black Sword Runes?

A query on Blue Thunder's post. I was under the impression that the terms Black Rune/Conquerer Rune were simply interchangable terms for the same concept rather than Windy's Conquerer Rune 'ruling' the Black Runes. I assumed that Windy's skill and prowess at runic magic (She was, after all, a True Rune bearer as well as the Court Magician of the Scarlet Moon Empire) allowed her to exert influence on those Black Rune bearers whose willpower was sapped.
One day, I shall come back. Yes, we shall all come back. Until then, there must be no regrets, no tears, no anxieties. Just go forward in all your beliefs and prove to me that I am not mistaken in mine.
Admiral Ackbar

1008758 Potch
100 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2006 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well, yes, you're right. But they refer to it as the Black Rune when someone else has it, and the Conquerer Rune when she has it. Dunno why...but it surely isn't the first time a rune had multiple names.

So are we to assume the Dawn and Dusk Rune aren't True Runes? Much like Windy's Conquerer Rune? Or did I read that all wrong like I tend to do...?

^Actual quote!
Vextor

11331071 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2006 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yeah, the Dawn and Dusk runes are not true runes, and are separate from the Sun Rune as far as I can tell from what Konami has said so far.
Admiral Ackbar

1008758 Potch
100 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2006 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I see, I see. Perhaps they somehow manifest power from the Sun Rune, or they really are a split True Rune, perhaps the split Sun Rune. I guess we'll never know until the game is released, unless Konami pulls out a last minute spoiler.

^Actual quote!
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Character Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: