Suikoden Utopian and Illusional Kibbutz Objective Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Inspirations for the Suikoden series plot

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Himuro

La Morte

844834 Potch
500 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 11:50 pm    Post subject: Inspirations for the Suikoden series plot Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Refering to the fansite thread, I planning to create plot analysis for each individual game. Apart of the individual analysis of the stories for Suikoden I-V, I want to include the inspirations for each game. Sars's character profiles and faq has shown me that the games are very very inspired by Chinese folklore, history, and art. Heck, not even the story's just obviously inspired, but the graphics as well.This can best be shown in Suikoden II, the game is littered with inspiration from this stuff: the gray/white gradient colored water shown through the world, the amazing mountain landscapes, the enviroment in general.

I want to compile a list of resources so I can examine, study, and make notes of them to make the plot analyzation that much more interesting.

Lets get to cracking folks.
Vextor

11331071 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2006 7:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

This Editorial I wrote a long time ago may help:

http://suikox.com/ed/history40617.php
John Layfield

Last Literature D-Line

509933 Potch
9300 Soldiers
3525 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2006 8:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'm not expert in cultural history so someone else may be able to expand on this better or refute it entirely but it seemed to me that the Jowston area in Suikoden II had a much heavier Japanese influence than any region shown before or since down to the cultivation of bonsai being a common hobby throughout the City-States.

Along with the article posted above, the main site here contains a number of minor notes in the Geography section that could be expanded with a little research. The Grassland tribes, and Obel, for example.
One day, I shall come back. Yes, we shall all come back. Until then, there must be no regrets, no tears, no anxieties. Just go forward in all your beliefs and prove to me that I am not mistaken in mine.
Arcana

The Engineers

190546 Potch
200 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2006 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Does anyone remember the old thread on SoulEater where someone compared all of the towns and countries to parallels in real life? That was an excellent find. I believe, among other things, it claimed that Harmonia was based loosely off of the French, Zexen the Dutch, Budehuc was German, and so forth. I don't know if most of you remember what I'm talking about, but if someone has that thread, they should post it for Himuro.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Suikoden Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: