Suikoden Utopian and Infamous Kraalesque Oblique Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

King apologizes on his blog regarding translations
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Calupict

Solid State Society

206885 Potch
254 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

This is good. I like this guy. Finally he hears the 'right source'.
This might be a good start for future Suikoden's translation.
Hey Sars, have you ever thought to work for KONAMI to translate Suikoden?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Leon Silverberg

The Strategists

13318 Potch
489 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

What? That's awesome! I couldn't believe that..it's 2:51 am in germany and i just came back from my tour around the bars... and the first thing i see is that King personally apoligizes for the translations..it couldn't get better than it is.. It seems that Konami learnes a lot of the past mistakes and they now care for the fans as much as they could
Vextor

11331071 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 9:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Nah, I wouldn't make as much money as a translator, and I'm likely blacklisted by Konami anyhow. My former boss works in their human resources group, too, which doesn't help.
Calupict

Solid State Society

206885 Potch
254 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 10:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well that both too bad and good thing.
You're one of the few people who translate the Japanese source for us.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Username

Kanaria, Most Intelligent Rozen Maiden

591783 Potch
0 Soldiers
4561620 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 10:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Calupict wrote:
This is good. I like this guy. Finally he hears the 'right source'.
This might be a good start for future Suikoden's translation.
Hey Sars, have you ever thought to work for KONAMI to translate Suikoden?

I can see the papers now...

Insane translator kills three. While being took to jail he was heard screaming "Cats do not talk!"

^^ Nah, But it would be nice to see Sars actually work on the translation. Heck, It would end up being the best translated RPG of the century. (Because if it wasn't we would never let him live it down! ^^)

Also it's good to see that they actually noticed we exist, but I doubt that what you guys said will actually change how they do things. (Although it may just be the best translated Suikoden thus far).
VikiFanatic

Keepers of Balance

841792 Potch
0 Soldiers
760 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 10:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I would really agree with the others making you oone of the translators. But since you said that you are being blacklisted and may be prone to past 'events' because of your old boss. Then this might be unlikely. But think of how it would have been if you were part of the team... ^^

Locke

Poker of Doom

157293 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 11:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

If he was part of the team and had any say on the story, one can only imagine the quality it would be.

*Ponders* I like what my imagination is thinking.

3 Time Suikox WWE Fantasy Champion
Zaj I mean Mike

I just sell weapons

500 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 11:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:

and I'm likely blacklisted by Konami anyhow

:? What did you do date the CEO's daughter?

CLERKS
John Layfield

Last Literature D-Line

509933 Potch
9300 Soldiers
3525 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 11:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Sars bi-lingual ability often makes him the main voice of fans of the series in the west. I'm sure having western gamers often warranted concerns taken to Konami themselves is an annoyance that Konami would rather do without.

I'm sure if Sars simply gave Konami bucketloads of praise on behalf of us all, he'd find himself becoming 'official fan representitive on behalf of Konami' or something similary propagandatastic within a week.
One day, I shall come back. Yes, we shall all come back. Until then, there must be no regrets, no tears, no anxieties. Just go forward in all your beliefs and prove to me that I am not mistaken in mine.
Vextor

11331071 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2006 12:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Thanks for the praise folks, but I think it's enough praise.

I have an activist type of mindset anyhow, so I'm happy to just be a pain in the neck for Konami.

The whole deal of being black-listed is the fact that Fumi Ishikawa knew about me when I gave her a petition back in 2002, where she said, "Oh, you are that person who complained about the translation!" Also, as I said, my former boss works for Konami. I've also exchanged e-mails with a number of Konami employees and they know my name and what sites I am associated with. Also, being in a similar research & development business, I do often visit fansites of people who like certain types of cars, and certain vocal fans do get talked about among the engineers (such as, "hey, did you read what Doofus0988 posted today? That was funny!"). In some cases, a complaint of one customer can alter the course of the development of an entire vehicle. Cars generally generate a lot more income than video games, so you can be pretty sure that developers are listening to what you say as long as you're loud about it. The problem in the case of Konami is that they won't be reading comments on suikox because it's in English. Likely they would go to Japanese fan sites like Gensui Kouryaku Shinshyo, or to the 2ch.net Suikoden thread.
Himuro

La Morte

844834 Potch
500 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2006 12:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

They are spying on you sars.
Vextor

11331071 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2006 1:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Oh yes, and their security group e-mailed me because I named my entire "deliver the petition" operation as "Operation Blue Kamikaze." KCET was located in a highrise called Triton Square, a large complex made of four interconnected towers. It was pretty weird, they asked me some strange questions.
John Layfield

Last Literature D-Line

509933 Potch
9300 Soldiers
3525 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2006 1:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I have to admit, if it was my multi-million dollar company being sent things from 'Operation Blue Kamikaze', I'd've been asking some questions as well. I'm more sarcastic so I'd have just titled it "Way to translate, asses.".

Quick question. If King was mainly responding to the Japanese comments (and possibly a brief summary of the content of all English comments) does this mean that a large number of actual Japanese fans pointed out that some of us have issues with Suikoden translations or was it more the results of bi-lingual fans posting their messages in Japanese?
One day, I shall come back. Yes, we shall all come back. Until then, there must be no regrets, no tears, no anxieties. Just go forward in all your beliefs and prove to me that I am not mistaken in mine.
fc_conn

Campione della Fiamma

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2006 3:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

John Layfield wrote:
Quick question. If King was mainly responding to the Japanese comments (and possibly a brief summary of the content of all English comments) does this mean that a large number of actual Japanese fans pointed out that some of us have issues with Suikoden translations or was it more the results of bi-lingual fans posting their messages in Japanese?

I think it was the bi-linguals like Sars & co.
Vextor

11331071 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2006 3:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yeah, specifically, Melange and myself. I'm afraid the sarcastic comments simply didn't register.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Suikoden Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: