Suikoden Urgent and Inspirational Kosher Ontic Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Does anyone else feel weird ...
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Adelaide Silverberg

The Strategists

1500 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2006 4:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Solitude wrote:
*laugh* yeah actually I was :oops:
Thats really weird! They were so awesome though, I bet most people used them in their party there at the end ... mine was Chris, Percival (just for looks lol), Futch & Bright, Mua, and little Viki. Lil Viki rocks.

35491 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2006 9:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

There were many many more typos and errors that the game makes when you choose Chris and Ged to be the fire hero... From what i remember, Chris is even referred to as a male when she's the Fire hero... There're others, but i don't remember all of them...
TruePerception

Blind Eye

478325 Potch
1000 Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 11:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I personally did Hugo my first time through, but right now I'm on my second. I did the Lvl. 99 trick, but stopped at about 86, so when I get to that point I'll probably pick Chris, even though I'm really interested in playing Geddoe's. He was always my favorite in that game, right from the start. The very first chapter I ever played was Geddoe's Chp.1

Edit: I also like his team much better than the others, they had more character with all the infighting and Jacques always disappearing.
Obel Soldier

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 5:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yeah, it's kinda weird for me to pick someone else other than Hugo as the flame champ. Throughout the game, that's what Hugo wanted to be. The least I can do was grant him that wish. The original Flame Champion was from the Grasslands, so I thought it was natural for Hugo to be the successor. And I'm more of a Six Clans of the Grassland sympathizer, anyway, so I wanted to see someone within those clans with that kind of power.

Besides, with the way I set up Chris and Geddoe, they were very, very skilled with the True Water and True Lightning Runes, respectively, so it all worked out beautifully.

^ Shout out to John Layfield. Thanks for the sig, homes.

Sophita

The Wee Kitty Grand Duke Defense Brigade

498078 Potch
1330 Soldiers
2725 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 6:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I would hardly call someone who can't even use the 4th level spell until she's been leveled up to 80 something "highly skilled" with her rune.

SCII month continues! DueFiumi.com
John Layfield wrote:
But bubbles... children love bubbles! XD
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Obel Soldier

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 3:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

See, That's what I'm saying. I do have Miss Lightfellow up to around level 80. So even though she had to go through a lot of training via running around the Grasslands, killing monsters and such, the way I have her set up, she is highly skilled with her True Water Rune. And I gave her a Water Magic Ring, too. I don't remember if that helps her with getting to use level 4 magic faster, but an increase in grade is always cherry.

You're absolutely correct with your statement above though; Prior to her hitting the 80s, she wasn't "highly skilled," but she did get the job done, and that's all I ask of her.

^ Shout out to John Layfield. Thanks for the sig, homes.

Yohn

Confused Chaquita Banana Minions

464538 Potch
425 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 4:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I chose Chris to be my Flame Champion the first time around and then Hugo every time after that. It seemed more fitting, by far.

"And as the lion slaughters man, I am the wolf and you're the lamb." ~Blind Guardian
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
TruePerception

Blind Eye

478325 Potch
1000 Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 9:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I played Hugo the first time, and am now playing Geddoe. I like Geddoe's much better, due to the extra tidbits of storyline we get for him, as well as Queen, and Jacques' crush, but they may just be because I like that team so much.
Also I like how (spoiler!)Geddoe takes your flame champions name(end)
Buff

Venus Doom

242611 Potch
0 Soldiers
6886538 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 10:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

TruePerception wrote:

Also I like how (spoiler!)Geddoe takes your flame champions name(end)

you can also do that for chris and hugo.

Devoted protector of Ferid and Arshtat
TruePerception

Blind Eye

478325 Potch
1000 Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 10:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

really, though I didn't play as Chris, I don't remember this happening with Hugo

Daily Funny Award for May 1st, 2008
Buff

Venus Doom

242611 Potch
0 Soldiers
6886538 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 1:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

it always give you the dialouge if you wish to do that. believe you get to choose after you talk to the army people in brass castle when they are down in the dumps.

Rufus

The Non-Persian Immortals

500 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2006 5:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Anyone other than Hugo being the Flame Champion feels wrong (unclean)
Hugo just fits the bill so much better.
Geddoe should never be chosen it seems stupid for him to swap true runes and even the stroy gives no reason for him to be chosen apart from him being mates with the Flame Champ.
Chris is Zexen and doesn't have the Grasslandic myth/image of the Flame Champion, added it seem fitting for her to inherit the True Water Rune, kinda like a family heirloom.
Hence through elimination we get Hugo and even though i found him unbearable in the game, it would be far more unbearable having him in possesion of the True Lightning or Water Rune.
uwangski

Lilly's Loyal Guards

701224 Potch
200 Soldiers
32 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2006 10:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

TruePerception wrote:
really, though I didn't play as Chris, I don't remember this happening with Hugo

There will be two choices given:

1. "I will take over <your FC's name>"

2. "I will be the Flame Champion"

If you chose 1, the successor's name will change to your FC's name

Blind Eye

478325 Potch
1000 Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2006 12:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Geddoe only doesn't seem to fit because he doesn't give you much backstory in his first three chapter, when you pick him as FC, the game then fills in those holes in his backstory, making it clear why he chose to be the flame champion, even giving him legimate reason to not allow Harmonia to continue there siege.

And, I guess I chose the second option when I played as Hugo. For me it seemed to solidify Geddoes new view on his friendship with the old Flame Champion.

Daily Funny Award for May 1st, 2008
Buff

Venus Doom

242611 Potch
0 Soldiers
6886538 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2006 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

i tried having geddoe as my flame champ once and it just didn't feel right. i think he just dind't fit into the official role as a flame champ. he was best with his true lightning rune than the true fire rune. it did give you some stuff about him, but i believe some of it you learn anyways. don't really remember since it's been about a year since i've done it with geddoe.

hugo rightfully deserved the title, even though i'd rather have my character that runs around in chapter 4 and 5 be geddoe. but hugo showed the more passion to be the flame champ. and since the flame champ and hugo are both grasslanders it seems better.

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Suikoden Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: