Suikoden Urgent and Infamous Kraalesque Objective Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Does anyone else feel weird ...
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Adelaide Silverberg

The Strategists

1500 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2006 1:55 am    Post subject: Does anyone else feel weird ... Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

(Mild Suikoden III spoilers!)

Does anyone else feel weird when they choose anyone other than Hugo to be their Flame Champion? I've noticed a few mistranslations. I chose Chris as my Flame Champion because we'd already played through the game with Hugo and Geddoe as the Champs. Example, someone asked Chris if Hugo was the Flame Champion, and she flat out said he was the successor. Just goofy little bugs. And when you're at the Ceremonial Site, using the three main characters to take on Yuber, Sara, etc, the guards in front of the doors to the pathways are reflective of who SHOULD'VE been picked - i.e., there are Karayan guards at the Fire Rune point, Zexen Guards at the Water Rune Point, and Lizard Clan peeps at the Lightning Rune point. Anyway, I was just wondering how many people picked someone other than Hugo on their first way through the game.

:)

I just sell weapons

500 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2006 3:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I've played as all three and Hugo was mean't to be the Flame Champion the other pionts of view were just to see extra things like when Chris calmed down the true Water Rune or geddoe's ending. I dont think they put that much extra work into it.

CLERKS
Axiose

Altruistic Apparitions

100019091 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2006 5:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

It definately feels weird to me when I play Suikoden III with anyone but Hugo as the Flame Champion. I think it's more subtle things that just strike you as odd and there's something not right about the scenario.

[Axiose] [Fliktor]
Admiral Ackbar

Seekers of Hawke's Hot Stuff

1008758 Potch
100 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2006 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Playing as Chris and Geddoe is a great experience. Geddoe's version of events is pretty cool IMO. You actually leanr more about the inner workings of the characters this way. Like when Geddoe enters the "Gray World" with Luc, he seems to reveal that he's known about the Gray World for quite a while. He seems to know just as much as Luc.

^Actual quote!
Adelaide Silverberg

The Strategists

1500 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2006 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Blue Thunder wrote:
Playing as Chris and Geddoe is a great experience. Geddoe's version of events is pretty cool IMO. You actually leanr more about the inner workings of the characters this way. Like when Geddoe enters the "Gray World" with Luc, he seems to reveal that he's known about the Gray World for quite a while. He seems to know just as much as Luc.
Wow, that's really interesting. Chris was definitely really cool, I liked the camraderie between her and the knights and all that towards the end, and seeing the scene with Yun and Wyatt when it's revealed he is her dad. :)

Les Renés

1056014 Potch
224 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2006 5:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The main reason it feels weird to me is not that it seems wrong for Chris or Geddoe to have the True Fire Rune, but for Hugo to have the True Water or True Lightning Runes. It's blatantly obvious that Hugo is not either Rune's first choice.
Sophita

The Wee Kitty Grand Duke Defense Brigade

498078 Potch
1330 Soldiers
2725 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2006 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yes but it happily marginalizes Hugo's role for the remainder of the game. ;)

I like playing with Chris as Flame Champ best of all, just because I don't really use that rune and, since she's not a great rune user, it compliments her well. And I, personally, think she's one of the more interesting choices. But then, I love the Zexen Knights. <3

Geddoe's an interesting choice, too, but he suffers from being so damn good at the lightning rune, one which is actually quite useful.

You can tell the game wanted it to be Hugo, though.

SCII month continues! DueFiumi.com
John Layfield wrote:
But bubbles... children love bubbles! XD
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Solitude

Fallen Angels

495 Potch
125 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2006 10:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yeah I actually chose Geddeo as my Flame Champion on my first playthrough and really didn't notice any of that stuff at all. I actually didn't know that Hugo was suppose to be the flame champion until far after I played the game as everyone. I did really like Geddeo's point of view as the Flame Champion though. It was to be expected that he would know about the grey area too. I mean he had a True Rune longer than Luc did so he actually probably knew more about it then Luc. Anyway, I don't really feel weird about any of it. I pick the Flame Champion depending on what type of mood I'm in at the time. Even if I beaf up someones fire magic before its time I always tend to end up picking someone else :P
Klaus

Issilum

5448 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2006 3:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I still meet who claim it's still up in the air while I rabidly believe Hugo= Fire, Chris=Water, and Geddoe=Lightning. I tried to make other people the Flame Champion but I feel odd so I usually start over and intend to make it Hugo (again).
Although in my opinion they all suck at fire magic so I use codebreaker to change all that now, I think I'll try and make Geddoe the Flame Champion my next turn through. I think my brother did once though.
fuji

9643133 Potch
16500 Soldiers
100 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 2:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I, like many people have beat Suikoden 3 with all 3 major characters.

It does feel weird when you don't use Hugo. You know, the young kid leads the army against all odds... that's Suikoden. It's not the battle tested knight or the wise old battle mage... it's the kid with that look in his eye.

That said, as a player, you get to learn a lot more about the other two characters by making them FC. You gain a lot more respect for Geddoe and lose a lot for Luc when you realize that the tragedy that Luc is trying to run away from is something Geddoe has lived with for quite a long time.

So yeah, it feels weird, but I'd definitely recommend everyone who hasn't played as all 3 to do so.

___ "That's not much"

"It's enough"
Solitude

Fallen Angels

495 Potch
125 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2006 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

lol yeah I thought it was funny when Luc said he was only 30 years old. Then I laughed some more when Geddeo err or Wyatt (I can't remember which one but I think it was Wyatt) said he had been suffering with it for 70 years. Ted was over 300 years old, so think how long he had been suffering. Sure he didn't have the Sould Eater that entire time but he had it for at least 150 years. I mean, humans live longer than thirty years and probably longer than seventy years for that matter. Sure they don't get glmipses into the past but still.

Anyway I did think it was kind of odd that none of the heroes specialized in Flame Magic. That kind of put a huge damper of the True Fire Rune in my opinon. I generally would always just stick Hugo with the Cyclone rune seeming he was quite good with Wind magic.
Adelaide Silverberg

The Strategists

1500 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2006 4:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Solitude wrote:
*laugh* yeah I thought it was funny when Luc said he was only 30 years old. Then I laughed some more when Geddeo err or Wyatt (I can't remember which one but I think it was Wyatt) said he had been suffering with it for 70 years. Ted was over 300 years old, so think how long he had been suffering. Sure he didn't have the Sould Eater that entire time but he had it for at least 150 years. I mean, humans live longer than thirty years and probably longer than seventy years for that matter. Sure they don't get glmipses into the past but still.

Anyway I did think it was kind of odd that none of the heroes specialized in Flame Magic. That kind of put a huge damper of the True Fire Rune in my opinon. I generally would always just stick Hugo with the Cyclone rune seeming he was quite good with Wind magic.
Yeah, that really irked me too. When I chose Chris and realized that she sucked with Fire Magic, I thought, "Oh great, another thing to make me feel bad about not picking Hugo." But then I noticed they ALL stunk with it. But Chris was better with Water Magic, I think. Figures. I hardly used that rune at all, anyway. Figures, right before the final battle with Luc I had stuck a Flowing Rune on Chris, but when I re-acquired the True Fire Rune, it swapped out my Flowing Rune in place of it. And the useless Phoenix Rune ... meh! :|

Fallen Angels

495 Potch
125 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2006 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

lol I made that mistake the first time too. Ironically enough it was with the same exact character and the same exact rune. It made that battle quite interesting. If I remember correctly the only reason I emerged victorious is because I had a lot of Mega Medicines and the Wind Rncar (or whatever its name was) didn't do that much damage to two of my six characters so every fourth or fith turn or so I just had them use Mega Medicine on each other. It took forever seeming I ran out of magic and all I could do was attack the thing regularly. I think that was my first playthrough.
Adelaide Silverberg

The Strategists

1500 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2006 2:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Solitude wrote:
*laugh* I made that mistake the first time too. Ironically enough it was with the same exact character and the same exact rune. It made that battle quite interesting. If I remember correctly the only reason I emerged victorious is because I had a lot of Mega Medicines and the Wind Rncar (or whatever its name was) didn't do that much damage to two of my six characters so every fourth or fith turn or so I just had them use Mega Medicine on each other. It took forever seeming I ran out of magic and all I could do was attack the thing regularly. I think that was my first playthrough.
Hehe, wouldn't be talking about Futch and Bright, would you? Because that's exactly what I did! Everyone else in my party died but them, just stocked up Bright with meds and he would heal every two or three turns :)

Fallen Angels

495 Potch
125 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2006 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

lol yeah actually I was :oops:
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Suikoden Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: