Suikoden Urgent and Informational Kosher Orgazmic Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Questions about anime
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lion heart

Ultima clan

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2006 6:43 am    Post subject: Questions about anime Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I think that anime is great and I know that there are thousands no millions of people that agree with me. I usually find out about anime from one of my mates that is an artist, he watches them in their hundreds and he often recommends animes that he thinks that I would like. Here are a few questions that I would like to ask every one just for the fun of it so be cool and take part.

How long have you been watching anime?

Why do you like watching anime?

What animes do you watch?

What animes do you dislike?

How do you obtain you animes?

How do you find out about new animes?

As for me, I have been watching anime for like 15 years (I think) and I have seen how anime has changed over the years: graphic and concept wise and in quality.

I like watching anime because you never really know what you are going to get when you are watching a new one and the types of anime that I like always keep me interested.

The types of anime that I tend to watch are usually ones with action, lots of fighting, a good story line and the odd splatter of blood also attracts me. So for example, that would be animes like: Berserk, Helsing, Bleach, Vampire hunter D, Naruto etc.

There are not really any animes that I do not like with the exception of ones like flcl (I think that is how you spell it) I watched like two episodes and I just could not take it, the story line did not make sense to me. I also dislike those animes that are focused specifically the figure of a woman, that just bores me.

I usually get my animes form my artist friend he has hordes of them on his computer and on VHS and some on DVD as well. Sometimes when my friend is busy with a project I get them for the internet myself.

I usually go to forums and ask people there about new animes, if not this then I usually just my friend in Japan (most of the new animes are aired on TV there).
The Chizen Star

5907 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2006 10:55 am    Post subject: Re: Questions about anime Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Lion heart wrote:

1.) I saw my first anime a long time ago, but I didn't start avidly watching it until about 6 or 7 years ago.

2.) Numerous reasons. Beautiful animation and art styles, intriguing characters, deep storylines, the use of swords...the list goes on.

3.) Just about anything. I'll watch any anime that intrigues me. From a deep mind melting anime like Evangelion, or Perfect Blue, to shonen stuff like Dragonball (yes, I like Dragonball), to crazy junk like Excel Saga and Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi. I've also been known to enjoy a good romantic comedy anime, like Oh My Goddess, or Fushigi Yugi. Anything with vampires is usually good, too.
I'd say my favorite anime at the moment, though, is Fullmetal Alchemist.

4.) I only dislike anime that focus 99% on fan-service and 1% or less on plot line and characters. Like Divergence Eve, for example.

5.) Usually from Best Buy, or Gamestop usually has some used DVDs. I use eBay and Amazon frequently, as well.

6.) Usually from magazines such as Anime Insider and Newtype. Also from sites like Anime News Network and Abime On DVD.
Peace Maker

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2006 8:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

About 5 or 6 years ago .

Basiclly i like it because the story , characters , music , voice actors ,art and many more .

I usually watch historical anime ( Samurai , Ninja) it's full of enjoyment like Samurai x , Samurai champlo , Samurai 7 , Naruto , and some i can't recall there names.
I also like D.N Angel , Shizuka , hmmm School rumble and many many more .

Maybe the are more old fashened than usual i don't know .

From a local store near by .

from internet sites or from a friend of mine .

eXistence of Fly

Pointy Sticks & Ponies!

1156566 Potch
7700 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2006 9:55 pm    Post subject: Re: Questions about anime Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Lion heart wrote:

1 - The late 1980s, considering i was still young at the time it was more the 'oo aaah flashy colours pretty' that drew me to watch it.

2 - Anime as opposed to Cartoons arent just there for giggles and idiotic nonsense, yes there are a few that fit that genre perfectly like FlCl but in a sense its a more profound animations to watch, always a story, always multiple ways to see things and themes which are hard to pick up and deep in their meaning. Dare i say its attractive to watch.

3 - I prefer Mech animes, Full Metal Panic, Tekkaman, Rah-Xephon, Escaflowne and the like, but pretty much i'll watch anything if its nicely done.

4 - Only those animes who were put together hurridly or didnt convey their point, i didnt like Spirited Away because of the general execution of the concept for example.

5 - Either from the net for unlicensed, from various dvd stores and places like jb hi fi for english dub, or into Melbournes asian section for japanese imports.

6 - Online mostly, Madman denote any releases for australian audiences so you get a full list of what is coming out be it 18+ or not, in also downloading unlicensed various sites then pull down torrents and denote who licensed what and when it happened, so you get a taste of whats coming.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Felipe

Intelligent Turtle

584845 Potch
1200 Soldiers
500 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2006 10:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I think it has been 12 or 15 years.

I like the graphics and the history.

I like to watch fighting animes most of the time but I do watch some crazy ones too (like FLCL or Furi Kuri thats your call). The fighting ones are, Dragon Ball (Z, GT), Yu Yu Hakusho, Shaman King, Samurai X, Inuyasha, Ultimate Muscle (yeah I watch this) and many others. I watch sport ones too like Captain Tsubasa and Prince of Tennis. I used to watch Card Captors Sakura and Tsubasa Crhonicles too.

I never saw an anime I really disliked.

I buy them in sites over the internet. But I watch most of them on TV.

My cousin keep me informed about them.

Lunar Dragon

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2006 1:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

How long have you been watching anime?- Well, I cought sight of Sailor Moon when I was in 1st grade, I wouldn't get to see it again until about five or six years later. So, either that or Pokemon got me into anime, so in reality, about seven or eight years.

Why do you like watching anime?- Its better than some of the shows on TV anymore. Plus its what actually got me into drawing, so kind of an insparation to say.

What animes do you watch?- Action and comedy mainly. The Dragonball series, FLCL, Sailor Moon, Azumanga Daioh. Shows like those.

What animes do you dislike?- I don't really dislike it, its just that on another board I'm on, a bunch of members basicly took liking Full Metal Alchemist to a new level. Its was pretty bad over there.

How do you obtain you animes?- Internet or places like Gamestop. Mainly Gamestop, thats where I found alot of my anime I watch. Like the Ghost in a Shell movie.

How do you find out about new animes?- I usially buy the Anime Insider magazine, thats the main source of my anime info.

Lord's Minions

4417 Potch
721 Soldiers
20000 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2006 8:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

-I am almost 18 years old and I have been watching anime for 10 years.

Most anime I watch has great action and humor. Pure entertainment.

DragonBall Z, Samurai X, Gundam, GTO, Ghost in the Shell, Berserk, and much more. I pretty much watch most anime I can get my hands on.

I don't care for .Hack(thats just one that comes to mind). I know there are more I dislike, but I just can't think of them.

I borrow what I can. I also purchase anime online when I have the chance. I find that E-Bay is a great place for purchasing anime.

I find out about new animes through the previews on other animes or just word of mouth.

General of the Godwin Army
United States Navy ATF-HT
Artificity

Ronery Puratoon

17923 Potch
0 Soldiers
750 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2006 9:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Since the late 80's when we'd get Mazinger Z, Voltes V and Daimos every afternoon at 5 before the news starts at 7. That means I've been watching it for more than 15 years now, which is a bit disturbing because I've just hit my twenties and should watch other genres more.

Do you really need a reason to watch anime, or any other program for that matter? :? It's also the reason why I like dipping french fries in ice cream. I just do.

If I began the list, I'd never end and I'd end up breaking some sort of BBS code that gives me an infinte amount of potch.

Watase Yuu's work. I seriously believe that she has real cookie cutters to make all her characters because they're never any different from their counterparts in her other series. Plus, she throws melodrama around so much that it makes me nauseous.

I have no issues with other shoujo anime, but I'd really not prefer to watch them because they're mostly animated romantic comedies and I hate that genre with a passion that burns.

How do you obtain your animes?

Through network television. Seriously. I don't think we show western cartoons anymore here. Wish they didn't kill off FMA though, but it was kinda hard to keep it's fanbase since it was competing with Naruto on a rival network. :(

Yaoi.

Oh stop looking at me like that.

Y'see, if I see a character that looks hot when rendered by fans, I start wondering about the show he's based from and from there, decide to stalk the series. It's worked pretty fine so far and I don't think it'll disappoint me ever. Admittedly, I'm really going to check it out for the hotties at first, but eventually I begin to obsess over how good the series actually is.

Radical Dreamers

167582 Potch
43 Soldiers
1337 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2006 10:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Probably the better part of a decade, I started off watching shows like DBZ though.

The same reason I like watching any show, except they can do things with anime they can't do wiht real actors.

I don't know if I could put a strict name to the type of animes I like but I watch or have watched Bleach, FullMetal Alchemist, Trigun, Cowboy Bebop and any others I get a chance to watch.

I don't think I've watched an anime long enough to dislike it, I either like it and continue watching it or take no interest in it and stop after one or two episodes.

Usually hire them from the video store and if I like them then I download them with torrents. I've got to find a way of watching Naruto though since I haven't seen a single episode and everyone seems to like it.

I either see it at the video store and decide to give it a shot or I hust hear about it online or from a friend.
Equus

Sindarin Speed Bumps of Rage

197132 Potch
0 Soldiers
2993 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2006 3:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Always nice that so many people share interest in anime. Yay!

Oh gosh...you know I actually had an Astroboy toy when I was a kid. It was a hand-me-down, I think, but I had one. So I think the answer to this question would be "way too long".

In all seriousness, I think the first anime I followed was the English dub called Star Blazers when it aired in Hawaii around 1980. So somewhere around a quarter century. Woo. I feel old.

For a variety of reasons, because there are a variety of different types of anime. In general, however, probably because I love the art and stories.

A slightly more critical me would also probably say because it is easier to suspend my disbelief in fictional characters and situations when watching animation than when watching live-action. That might make an interesting short essay. Heh.

Wow...well, a lot. I'll watch anything by Studio Ghibli, and I otherwise usually watch a wide variety of other stuff. Currently, the main series I'm following is Fate/Stay Night.

Not many that I really dislike. There are ones I'd rather not watch. Yaoi comes to mind.

Usually DVDs via online retailers.

Usually my sister or one of my friends.
Keiya

Deep Ground

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2006 5:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Ever since I was 4 years old (1990-1991). My first anime was Candy Candy,a shoujo drama involving an Austrian girl who goes through a ton of wierd palooka that's worthy of a tearjerker.

Also, along with Candy Candy, I was also watching Choudenji Machine Voltes V, an anime about a giant super robot named Voltes V, who uses his super powerful gadgets to defeat the Boazan Beast Fighters. IT was piloted by 5 people, making it look like a sentai series( aka Power Rangers)

Because anime is interesting. It has a level of depth that most cartoons and even series do not. Villains are three-demensional characters, and the range of characters make them feel human. Take Voltes V for example. In the end, Prince Heinell, the annoying prince who sends hordes of robots after the Voltes V team, was just a pawn for Emperor Zambogil's evil reign. But, Zambogil's reign is just a reign of jealousy over the fame of his older brother, Hrothgar. Even more, he has a phobia of planets trying to conquer Boazan.

The artform of anime is also very appealing. Anime art never fails to draw me in. Especially shoujo art.

I'm not into very mature and gory anime(Hellsing, Evangelion, Battle Royale, Akira), but I am into mecha anime(Universal Century Gundam, Gundam Seed, but not Destiny).

I love Rurouni Kenshin a lot. I also love Slam Dunk, Gatekeepers, Full Metal Panic and Full Metal Panic FUMOFFU. I love Buu Buu Chacha as well. And Doraemon.

My kind of anime is more of the ones set in the modern, or near modern era. With high school students doing normal high school stuff. College too. A little magic and technology here and there won't hurt. But I'm more for characterization.

However, even though I'm a tough, strong man, my main weaknesses for anime are... SHOUJO TITLES and ROMANCE TITLES. Aside from the pretty artwork, I can't help but love the stories. When I talk about romances, I talk more about anime that focuses on the one-on-one relationship in the anime, instead of convoluting it too much with a harem of too many sizes*COUGHLOVEHINATENCHIMUYOCOUGH!!!*. Examples include the first parts of Ai Yori Aoshi, parts of Kare Kano, and to some extent, Chobits. They all give time and development for the relatioship to blossom.

Full Moon wo Sagashite has got the biggest blame for my shoujo craze. When I first saw that anime, it brought me, a manly man, to tears, because it was so beautiful. The theme was a bit dark, but was always covered in pink and yellow, though it was extremely well executed.

Daa! Daa! Daa! is also awesome. It's about these two kids who meet a baby and a stuff toy cat robot, and the four have funny misadentures featuring a girl with a tangerine on her head, stranger than strange classmates, and a teacher who can do EVERYTHING.

Lots of other anime, but of them, like I said, I love the ones that focus more on characterization and romance rather than action scene after action scene.

Mature, violent anime where people rip heads off. Gives me nightmares. *goes back to cuddle his shoujo plushies*

I hate Shounen Jump. I'm sorry, but I think action anime is retarded. Naruto, Yu-Gi-Oh, Dragonball Z, Shaman King and YuYu Hakusho fall into this category. I have no idea how these anime are getting a LOT of attention when everything all about about fighting, and stale plots!

Yuu Watase too. If I wanted nudity, I'd watch hentai. Heck, hentai has more characerization than her works!

I don't really get all the craze about Full Metal Alchemist and Bleach though. It sound bo-ring to me, and well, I just ain't cut out for action. Watched an episode of FMA and fell asleep. Watched an episode of Bleach and fell asleep too. Same goes for One Piece.

If the anime's out on DVD in the US, I buy it.

Unreleased anime in the US, like Full Moon wo Sagashite and until recently, Fumuffu, I download from torrents.

Friend's recommendations. And also, from the net. Right now, I would like to hear from you guys about good shoujo and romance titles coz I need some new material right now.

Although Kimi ga Nozomu Eien has entered my radar.

|Your kind and gentle words can't heal me now. This body's only dedicated to the never ending fight.|
Neiva

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2006 11:52 pm    Post subject: Re: Questions about anime Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Lion heart wrote:

[1] Well since it's 2006 now.. about 8 Years now, since I was 10 years old. I have always loved it.

[2] Lately I have been dissapointed with the latest anime that has been out. It can't even come close to comparing with greats such as Escaflowne, EVA, Trigun, Cowboy Bebop or GTO. I like watching anime because it's totally different. When I first watched those series, it was absolutely mind blowing. I always wanted more, nowadays I can care less.

[3] At the moment.. absolutely none. I did watch Naruto for a while, until it started getting spammed with fillers left and right. What a way to kill the series. They could have took the time to make more episodes from the manga instead of those disgraceful, pathetic excuses.

[4] Fillerto, and all current Anime out.

[5] Usually via Torrent, but if I like a series enough I'll buy it.

[6] Friends, forums.
Artificity

Ronery Puratoon

17923 Potch
0 Soldiers
750 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2006 12:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:
[3] At the moment.. absolutely none. I did watch Naruto for a while, until it started getting spammed with fillers left and right. What a way to kill the series. They could have took the time to make more episodes from the manga instead of those disgraceful, pathetic excuses.

Unfortunately, they don't have any episodes that they can possible take from the manga without eventually stopping dead in their tracks. Normally, it would be safe to create the anime versions if the manga's at least one plot arc ahead. If it isn't, you need filler or you just drop the show entirely. The second option is never a good choice.

Kishimoto's been awful slow with the manga. But then again, Kishimoto's only human. Give it some time and it'll catch up.

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2006 1:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Whatever, the fillers could at least be cool or interesting. They all suck and are the same.
Klaus

Issilum

5448 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2006 8:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

1- About 10 years or so.

2- I don't like watching it as much as I use to, before I think I just watched whatever came on, now I can successfully change the channel even when anime is on.

3- Whatever comes on Adult Swim that I enjoy and sometimes a few things from Anime on Demand. Specifically I kinda like Fumoffu (some sort of Full Metal Panic short) and Samurai Champloo.

4- I don't really dislike any of them enough to become a disparager of sorts, I don't like Vandread, Crest/Banner of the Stars, and of course to fit with my purist friends anything mainstream like Yu-Gi-Oh and Pokemon. (actually I like the last 2) I though FLCL was awesome, nice break from angels of harmonious destruction and self-sabotaging nuts.

5- Hmm. Downloading off of the internet is too much work for me to keep up with which is why I abandoned Bleach, and any stores that sell anime is about an hour ride from here me thinks, so I get it off of the TV. I will download something I really want to see though, and I have actually bought 2 anime movies.

6- I don't, there's probably a vast amount of anime I haven't even laid eyes on yet. But I don't really care because I'm somewhat content with what I have.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: