Suikoden Uncanny and Irrational Kriegspiel Oblique Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Is Suikoden II worth THIS much?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
TheAngelicSin

Scarlet Demon's Fangs

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2004 11:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

As much as I love Suikoden II I probably wouldn't even shell out $75 for it (you know, if something happened to my copy...)

$300 is beyond ridiculous and too extreme a price to be asking for a video game. I seriously hope no one gets pulled into that one. What would they do with it? Place it on a pedastol never to be played?
Breeze

Whispering Winds

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2004 1:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yeah, I probably would only pay $50, since that is the "standard", so to speak, price of new games. And then I'd only pay $50 if it were to be in top condition, flawless, etc. I was lucky to get both Suikoden I and Suikoden II for free from my friend, and both CDs were in great shape (though the first Suikoden did freeze up RIGHT after I beat Teo one-on-one... Grrr...) And yeah, one who pays $300 for a video game has got to be out of their mind just a little bit... And they probably would never open it either, just have it be sacred. I never understand why people go and collect things such as video games and never actually use them for their specific purpose...

What do you think are my strengths and weaknesses?
Sophita

The Wee Kitty Grand Duke Defense Brigade

498078 Potch
1330 Soldiers
2725 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2004 10:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I've never paid 300 dollars for anything, and I'm not about to start now. The only things I'm willing to spend more than a hundred dollars on are shelter, food, a car, and school supplies. There is no way a game is worth that much.

SCII month continues! DueFiumi.com
John Layfield wrote:
But bubbles... children love bubbles! XD
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Tenko Star

3128 Potch
112 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2004 10:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

That's frickin' nuts! I hope no one bids on that. But if someone does, all I can say is that a fool and his money are soon parted!
Skye Dragon

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2004 11:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

It is if you're really dumb and rich. :lol:
Elc

Rebel of Babylon

1133304 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2004 12:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I can happily report that the auction has ended without a single bid. It's reassuring to know that people aren't stupid or desperate enough to bid on such a bloated auction when several auctions perfectly good used copies go for much less.

If I were the seller of the auction, the price I would have set for it would have been the price I paid for it. Also, when asking a $300 starting price, would it have hurt the guy to offer free shipping to whatever poor soul he "took to the cleaners"? It's not like it would have been shipped packaged with a pineapple, is it?

I wonder if this guy has the True Rune of Wealth and Destitution.

"You make me smash the clock and feel, I'd rather die behind the wheel.
Time was never on my side, So on I wait my whole lifetime."
Marshmallow

Shikigami

203358 Potch
110 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2004 12:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yay! My faith in the common sense of humans has been restored. . . for a time.
Vextor

11331071 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2004 1:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well, that seller has never sold a thing according to the user history, so s/he probably had no clue.
Elc

Rebel of Babylon

1133304 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2004 2:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yeah, I suppose we should cut the seller a little bit of slack due to the circumstances. But I think a better way s/he could have gone about it was start at the original purchase price and then set a reserve price, though $300 is still an insane price to ask.

I've been considering selling some items on eBay, and have been checking out similar auctions to see what asking prices are fair and, more importantly, which items are in demand. At this point in time, the particular market seems to be nonexistent, unlike the market for video games.

Another auction for Suikoden II, which claims the condition could only be better if it were still sealed in the shrink rap, and the asking price is US#129.99 with free shipping. That's the highest recent auction I've seen for Suikoden II, but it's not really so much and "auction" as it is a sale, since the only option is Buy it Now.

Collecting rare items is great and all, but when it comes to games they were made to be played. I can't enjoy a game just by looking at its packaging, I went through that when I picked up a used copy Final Fantasy IX several months before I got my PS2, and I couldn't wait to be able to play it. Had it been a sealed copy, I would have taken it out of the shrink rap as soon as I got it home to look it over and read through the manual, with growing anticipation to play it.

But that could just be the gamer in me, and all of us, for that matter. Collectors are, apparently, a different breed altogether. What the seller of the $300 auction should do is go to a game store and see how much they could expect to get for a sealed copy, and then relist the item under a more realistic price.

"You make me smash the clock and feel, I'd rather die behind the wheel.
Time was never on my side, So on I wait my whole lifetime."
sybillious

Ebony Moon Knights

981865 Potch
59 Soldiers
60 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2004 2:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

it's painful to look at, even if it didn't sell; i paid 45 *including s&h* and i thought that was ridiculous. it doesn't compare to what some games go for today when they first come out...*prices so painful, it hurts just to look!* o__O

gotta gotta get a...SPICE WEASEL!

to paraphrase my fellow mod, parallax:
I hate my job with the passionately burning intensity of a thousand fiery suns.
Tarik

Croc's Fury

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2004 3:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:

Though it was EXTREMELY hard for me to find my copy after all PS games disapepared from all rental places *grumble* I finally found a used copy (with no real case, no bookelt, no anything except the disc) and it was only $20CAD and it's been SOOOO worth it. ^_^

You are so lucky. I lost my Suikoden II disc and want it so badly so that I have just bought a new one priced $249.99 about a few months ago :cry: what a terrible waste of money, though the game is so worthy :!: Beside, my father paid the check, not me :mrgreen: .He is so nice, right :?:

Quote:

Ofcourse this doesn't beat my record of 20 million for doom3, obviously a joke but funny anyway
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=8122008 245

I have never played Doom 3 so I do not know whether it is good or not. Nevertheless, spending 20 million to buy a game is rather absurd and crazy (that's why the game's title is DOOM :mrgreen: ) Not even my father would pay such a horrendous price :!:
Njord

Island Nationeers

218645 Potch
1478 Soldiers
300 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2004 2:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

What 300 Dollar for a Suikoden sealed copy... that really sound somewhat ridicules because there is no way I'm going to pay 300 Dollars (88.5 Kuwaiti Dinars) for it even if I wanted to (1/2 of my allowance... no way). Therefore, there is also no reason for me to buy it at that price when I could easily get it in any normal shop.

Yesterday I went to the mall (named Rehab if you want to know, which mainly have videogame shops) and bought all of the Suikoden series (of course except the Gaidens) for only 2 Dinars (less than 7 United States Dollars). To be honest with you they all were in good shape (Suikoden 1 was in a semi good shape) and they aren't really that hard at all to find in Kuwait (if you know where to look for them), so I am really happy to be in a place where suikoden isn't rare. :)

P.S. If you want to know how to convert you currency, you can do it in this site...
http://www.xe.com/ucc/

blauuurgggh!

174392 Potch
0 Soldiers
1291 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2004 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:
It brings to mind the long stretch of time I was hunting for the SNES Final Fantasy II and didn't have all that much money to spare. I would either have no luck finding anything, or I would find it complete with fairly beat up box and instructions going for approx. $150 Canadian. I'm glad I waited until Final Fantasy Chronicles was released, since I got both Final Fantasy IV and Chrono Trigger for about a quarter of the price it would have cost me to get the SNES versions.

aww, its so cute to find do-gooders! <3 ,<3(hearts) I downloaded mine.
-----------
I got S2 for 64 dollars, a steal considering normal copies sell for 70 on e-blotch, Id have to wait 7 years or go to every damned garage sale to find it cheaper. It was funny too, I got it after watching loTR-Return of the King, Ironic considering I was screaming in my head "you are doing it wrong! Magic beats arrows..or was it the other way around?" Sadly the jewle case looked like it was sat on and I got no booklet.

anway Konami wants to preserve the "value" of the game, which is stupid, if they want money they can spend some to fix the game and re-release it. Honestly unless I spend the money on a Konami game, Konami isn't getting my money if i sell my copy to you..

anway, the $300 dollar factory sealed game has been sitting there forever, unless They got another one. I hunted E-bay for the game for months, and never got to snatch a bid that went over 70, It could go from 30 dollars to 60 within 4 hours.
If I were you, bit your lip and download the ISO, Konami dosen't want you to own a legit copy :P The only good thing is being able to load S1 data to S2, and S2 data to S3.

You need a really ignorant person to get Suikoden 2 off of.
I suggest we band togher and complain to Konami.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Ikano

Prince Geass Falenas

2327939 Potch
1337 Soldiers
3028000 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2004 10:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

$100 dollars for the game is already insane let alone $300
and sealed? hmph, games are meant to be played not sealed up and put in some display case somewhere. It sounds lame if you say
"I have a sealed copy of Suikoden 2"
"have you every played it?"
"no...I said it's sealed"

btw...a bit off topic but what's the value of a Suikoden 1 game now?
my friend sold a copy of Suikoden 1 recently for $15
[[X O I can't believe her!! she promised me a copy and then she goes and sells it and then she says she FORGOT?!]]
though I recently bought a used copy for $29.99
not as high a value of Suikoden 2..eh?

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Skye Dragon

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2004 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Nadistu wrote:
$100 dollars for the game is already insane let alone $300
and sealed? hmph, games are meant to be played not sealed up and put in some display case somewhere. It sounds lame if you say
"I have a sealed copy of Suikoden 2"
"have you every played it?"
"no...I said it's sealed"

Nadistu, vintage items sell for a lot nowadays, I think the guy thinks that he would get big bucks for an old game like Suikoden II.
In my opinion, he should sell it when the game is in great demand like in a few years from now or so.

But I still agree with you, games shouldn't be sealed up, they should be played. :)
But some people do that kind of thing.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Community Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: