Suikoden Uncanny and Irrational Keystone Ontic Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Buffy and Angel!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Angelus

Queen of Falena

579729 Potch
0 Soldiers
2545847 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2006 4:07 pm    Post subject: Buffy and Angel! Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Heheh, I put an exclamation mark to attract people. Did it work? xD

So, this is a little quaint Buffy the Vampire Slayer and Angel the Series thread. Welcome, I guess... I decided, after seeing there's no thread for any of the two, to make one. So, do you watch the shows? If so~

Who are your favorite characters?

What are your favorite episodes?

Which do you like better- Buffy the Vampire Slayer or Angel the Series?

Yeah... that's all I can think of. xP Be sure to mark your spoilers and stuff. Here's my answers~

Willow: She's my all-time favorite character. <3 I like how she's constantly changing fro season to season- I mean, in season one she was a nerd, in season three she get more courage, in season four she was a lesbian, in season six she was a magicks addict and in seven, she was struggling to get normal. And her personality is really great: she's smart, but she doesn't have a lot of common sense(Willow: Kiss rocks? Who would want to 'kiss rocks?' xD), but it's all good. <3 Her actress, Alyson Hannigan, is really talented. Especially in the American Pie series. xD

Tara: Aww, who can't like Tara? She starts off as a shy one which is right away cute. xD I'll admit, I wasn't too crazy about her but after I saw the episode Family I was hooked. And she only got better as a character. She's really helpful and Amber Benson is a great singer(Under Your Spell is my favorite OMWF song). <3 I was really sad when she died at the end of season six. I wish they would've returned her. ;-; Or she could've been The First too.[/b] I just wish I can see more of Amber.

Anya: Anya is SO funny. xD Sure, she doesn't know much about humans because she was a demon for a thousand years, but still. xD I love how she associates things with others, like calling bad guys communists. xD That's delicious and I want more of it! :p But she's also a good dramatic actor, hence her role in The Body. I love her speech about how Joyce will never eat, sneeze, or use her hairbrush. ;-;

Cordelia: Cordelia is way funnier than Anya. Especially in Angel. She just says anything that comes to her mind and acts like it's okay. xP One of my favorite lines from her were in the episode Darla(Cordelia: Darla has been sitting on you for the last 3 weeks. Angel: Darla can be anywhere. Cordelia: She can be sitting on anyone.) And I like how her role went from comic relief to something bigger in Angel- getting visions and other stuff from the PTB. Go Cordy. xP

Lie to Me - Buffy, Seaons 2: This is a great episode. It starts off like a normal episode and all, but at the end it gets really great. Ford reveals that he wants to be a vampire because he has a brain tumour and he won't last six months. Then, Spike comes to his hideout and sires him. At the graveyard, Buffy mourns for Ford and tells Giles to lie to her. He does, saying that the good guys always win, no one dies and everyone lives hapily ever after. Then Ford comes out of the grave and Buffy stakes him. ;-; Also, this episode is the first for Chanterelle aka Anne. :D

Passion - Buffy, Season 2: [color=black]Passion is a great episode, and a sad one. It starts off with Jenny trying to regain the trust of her friends by performing the ritual to save Angel's soul. She stays at school late to work on it. But once she's done, Angel comes and destroys her work. Then, he chases after her. But she can't get away; he catches her and snaps her neck. WHAT'S EVEN SADDER IS that Angel (somehow?) gets into Giles' apartment and sets Jenny on his bed, dead. Then puts champagne and rose petals all over, leading to Gile's bed, then puts a note on his door asking him to go upstairs. Giles does so, and sees Jenny's dead body. How sad. ;-;

Hush - Buffy, Season 4: This episode is freaky. Well, at least for me because I never watch horrors. Ever. And Buffy was in need of a scary episode, since season 4 starts of really... slowly... The Gentlemen are freaky creatures than steal the voices of people and then cut them up to steal thei organs. Yuck. The thing I like in this episode is that it was the first for Tara. <33

Family - Buffy, Season 5: I really like how this episode is mostly about Willow and Tara's relationship. And I like how we learn a lot about Tara's background. And the end is great, when you find out Tara's not a demon. :D

The Body - Buffy, Season 5: Aww, a sad episode. ;-; Buffy walks into her house and sees Joyce's dead body on the couch. Not even the paramedics or doctors can do anything. Then the episode features the charatcers coping with the news. And Anya's speech about how Joyce will never eat, sneeze, use a hairbrush is really sad. ;-;

Grave - Buffy, Season 6: I love this episode. It's probably my favorite of all-time. Evil Willow decides to destroy the world because she doesn't want to suffer anymore because Tara was murdered in front of her. The ending to this episode is really well-done. It has Evil Willow almost destroying the world, but then Xander comes and saves the day. He says that he will love Evil Willow too, because he is the same Willow he always knew. He even says that she cried when she broke her yellow crayon in kindergarden. ^^ So he says he'll always love her, goes to hug her and she returns to normal, crying. ;-;

Darla - Angel, Season 2: This episode is really awesome. Angel captures Darla, brings her to Lorne and he gives him an adresse where he can fight for Darla's life because she caught syphillis when she was human and now it's coming back. So he goes there, fights a demon, walks on crosses and puts his hand in holy water, and considers dying for Darla. But he doesn't really get killed. Then, when he's done, the man says he can't do anything to help her because she's living her second chance. In Darla's apartment, Angel decides he'll sire her, but she declines. Then Drusilla comes in and sires her against her will. I love the whole Darla arc, but this one is my favorite of all.

You're Welcome - Angel, Season 5: So Angel gets a call that Cordy's out of her comma and goes to visit her. He sees a person in her bedthat is actually Cordy and Cordelia comes out to greet them. She and Angel then go back to Wolfram & Hart to meet the whole crew. Everyone's happy to see her and stuff. Then, Lindsay comes and Angel has to save the day. But Cordy comes with Angel. And she gets to kick major ass with a sword! xD So they fight Lindsay, and Cordy kicks ass. <3 Then the crew decides to go for a few drinks to celebrate. Cordy stays behind with Angel and tells him that she's really dead, and the PTB gave her a chance to say good-bye. They kiss and the phone rings. SHe says good-bye for the last time and he picks up the phone. The nurse on the other end says Cordy died and she dissapears. ;-;

Personally, I prefer Buffy to Angel. I seen Buffy first and I grew up with her. Sure, Angel's stories are more dark and all, but Buffy will always be my favorite. And besides, I like how Buffy's season are structured. There's a big bad, she fights it and it dies. In Angel, there's not really a big bad and he just fights the forces of evil to redeem himself. And also, Buffy's charatcers are better, in my opinion. >_>

So yeah. That's what I think. ^^

Jorge Prima wrote:
What? Our pokemon aren't obeying?

When a problem comes along YOU MUST WHIP IT!
Felipe

Intelligent Turtle

584845 Potch
1200 Soldiers
500 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2006 3:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Who are your favorites characters?

Angel/Angelus: I like both equally, the way Angel always fix the problems (altough I don't really like what he did to free Connor) and his leadership were always what I like in Angel. Angelus is cool you know, the way he talks and what he say are just cool. Being evil makes him funnier than Angel since he got more freedom to say what he wants.

Wesley Wyndam-Pryce: Always liked this guy, he is the one who always end up discovering things and making magic. I liked when he started to be with Fred who is also one of my favorite characters.

Fred: I just think she is beautiful and really sweet. The way she is and what she say always made me like her.With she being that smart girl with glasses made me like her even more. Her relacionship with both Wasley and Gunn was really interesting. And later on when she became Illirya was cool too, as we had the chance to see Amy Acker fighting.

What is your favorite episodes?

My favorite episode is when they bring back Angelus so they can defeat The Beast. And then Angels stays in a cage and then he mess with everyone minds. Then he escape from the cage and start to hunt Lilah but then Cordelia is the one who kills Lilah.

Then Angelus fight with Faith and defeats her (I tough she was going to become a vampre too :).

I think this is more than one episode but I don't really remember.

There is that one when Angel and the others receive a present, Wolfram & Hart. It is cool how Gunn is amazed with the power he saw, and how everyone goes to the car when actually everyone was not going to accept the invitation from Lilah. And how Wesley tries to free Lilah's soul is something I liked to see too.

I like better Angel the Series since I don't really watch Buffy the Vampire Slayer. I watched the last episode of Buffy tough.

The Peach Mountain Shoguns

285404 Potch
0 Soldiers
27500 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2006 11:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Jinkies, I guess it hasn't been discussed, well atleast not that I've seen.

I love Dawn, Anya, Joyce, Terra, and Kendra. Yes, I said it. I loved Kendra and I wished that she would have lasted longer. I actually thought the way she died was kind of cheesy, but I guess if she didn't then Faith would have never shown up.

I love how they worked Dawn into the story, and then how she began to develop as her own character. And I've loved Michelle T. since she was Harriet the Spy.

Band Candy~ It was great to see another side of Giles.
Doppelgangland~ Alison did great playing her evil twin.
Graduation Day~ Giant snake, mass organized attack post-graduation, siring of Harmony.
Fear, Itself
Hush
Once More, With Feeling~ "I'm asking you please no, it isn't right it isn't fair. There was no parking anywhere..."
Chosen~ I really hated that the show ended, but I guess it had to at some point.

Buffy, I followed it a lot more than I followed Angel. Nothing against Angel, but it just didn't hold my attention as much as Buffy did.

Order of the Absolute

2953355 Potch
65 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2006 2:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well, this is the first time I ever wandered in the media sectioon of the forums and am very surprised to find an Angel/Buffy thread.

I must say I never watched Buffy, but I did watch Angel for a good chunk of the series, though I missed some of the episodes in the middle, but hey I love the show anyways!!

Well, I guess Angel/Angelus is a given, but I also like Fred, Illyria, and Spike who appeared near the end. I loved hoe Illyria just treated everyone as things or pets, and was even surprised at how strong she was. Her character was the most honest of the whole lot since she didn't consider anyone else's feelings, except maybe Wes.

I really love the last few episodes of Angel, and how they lead up to the finale. I also like the one where Spike and Angel head to Italy to "save" Buffy, that sure was a funny one.

Obviously I like Angel better, in part because it's the only one I really followed. Buffy never made me get hooked on iy, though I think I did watch the first seasons or two if I remember correctly.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Media All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: