Suikoden Uncouth and Informational Kraalesque Original Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Final Fantasy: Market Ploy Potions!!
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Masaya

Flying Fusillades

222963 Potch
75 Soldiers
3635 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2006 7:02 pm    Post subject: Final Fantasy: Market Ploy Potions!! Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

So I found this article surfing around IGN...It should make any Final Fantasy fans laugh a bit.. and it kind of makes me envious.

http://ps2.ign.com/articles/682/682201p1.html

The worst part is I"m pretty sure if they started to sell these in the States.. I'd go otu and stock up on them,because who knows how much of a limited time these will be out.. I might even get some of my friends living in japan currently to get some..suuure I"m a loser...but they arn't very expensive and the bottles look cool!!!

Queen of Falena

579729 Potch
0 Soldiers
2545847 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2006 7:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

xD I had heard about these a while back... way before when it was announced and they didn't have bottles. The cards look... interesting. o_O I want a Penelo card.

They look interesting... Square-Enix sure is trying to boost up FFXII's sales. The bottles look cool too. xD I wonder if they'll just be sold in any store? And I wonder what they taste like? But I gotta stop looking at FFXII stuff. I'll get hooked on it and I won't care about Suikoden much. xP

And I think this'll be moved to the Anime & Game section. xP Just a hunch.

Jorge Prima wrote:
What? Our pokemon aren't obeying?

When a problem comes along YOU MUST WHIP IT!
Yohn

Confused Chaquita Banana Minions

464538 Potch
425 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2006 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I had heard about these from my ex-boyfriend. I thought that they were pretty funny.

It is pretty sad, however, that I would end up stocking up on these if I ever found them. I might be able to get these in my area if the Asian district close to us ever gets any in (either that or the Japanese food market by my father's office).

Maybe there will be a domestic website that will have them in stock after they're released.

"And as the lion slaughters man, I am the wolf and you're the lamb." ~Blind Guardian
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Equus

Sindarin Speed Bumps of Rage

197132 Potch
0 Soldiers
2993 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2006 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Haha...I want! Those are neat bottles! OK, I'm known to collect some pretty useless stuff (like resin kits that I rarely ever put together), but still. And the art cards are pretty too!

Ugh...I think my mind regressed there for a little while. Regardless, if I see it over at Uwajimaya or something, I think I'll have to buy it. Wonder how much it would retail over here for? 600 yen for the "premium box" would be ok if they were actually glass, just for random stuff around the house value.
Tonberry

The Tonberry Eggsperience

1819401 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2006 9:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

That's really neat. I want some of those.
Masaya

Flying Fusillades

222963 Potch
75 Soldiers
3635 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2006 11:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yesh Spiffy indeed. I"m trying to guess that it's going to probally taste like a energy drink. Or perhaps since it's from japan it'll be a mix between sprite and melon cola. I"m goign to wait for them to come out and I"m defeintly goign to order some online I decided....I really could use something to restore my HP after a hards day of going to college than telemarketing ^_^.

blauuurgggh!

174392 Potch
0 Soldiers
1291 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2006 1:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I like the bottles...bwee...looks fun.

so they are sodas huh? Final Fantasy soda? man that is cool.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Parallax

Fighting 181st

1109279 Potch
250 Soldiers
3275 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2006 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I can honestly say that I wouldn't buy any of them, unless they were really cheap, which they won't be. But they are definitely cool bottles...and it's a pretty interesting marketing strategy for Final Fantasy XII. It seems kind of strange to me that Square Enix really feels the need to market this RPG more strenuously than previous ones...I would think they were making money hand over fist from Final Fantasy XI. I don't know about their previous "conventional" RPG titles (X, X-2) though...

Of course, at this point, I probably won't even bother to get Final Fantasy XII either. Maybe due to the long delay between conventional games (been nearly four years, hasn't it?) they want to spark more public interest...especially since it seems like substantative details on the game are still somewhat difficult to come by.

He's a victim - not a perp - and I'm choosing to let him go.
Masaya

Flying Fusillades

222963 Potch
75 Soldiers
3635 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2006 3:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Actually... yeah it will be a little bit more expensive if you plan on shipping a bunch over here.. However in Japan they're only 190 yen the article says.. thats really not that much more expensive for a soda drink over there. I mean generally out of vending machines and stuff alot of the soda's and soft drinks are 150yen! So I mean I guess I'll pay that little extra ^_^.

Fallen Angels

495 Potch
125 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2006 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Heh, why not try and boost the sails through means of beverages. I mean honestly, I would buy one, I'm sure any Final Fantasy fan would too. In matter of fact I'de proabably just buy one and keep it on my shelf just so I could say that I had a Final Fantasy potion :P

The bottles are indeed cool looking and I do wonder what they taste like. The 9 secret herbs (or whatever the number was) are probably just the normal things that they put in every energy drink, like Ginsing or something. lol my roomate just told me that some people put Cryotine in energy drinks. Ah well, I don't know how much 150 yen is but if its just like buying it out of a vending machine then it can't be any more than a dollar in the US. Of course I highly doubt that these drinks will come out in the US, just a hunch.
Barbarossa Rugner

The Golden Mercenaries

5685455 Potch
15000 Soldiers
650 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2006 2:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Haha, that is interesting. I am sure avid fans will try and track one down to have a collector's item, but even though i am a final fantasy fan I don't think you would catch me with one. The bottle does have a kind of cool look to it. If i had ever imagined what a real life potion bottle looks like I guess i can put my imagination to rest. Not bad though.

The Rune on my Sword, the Dragon King Sword, is protected against any form of magic, Even the rune of the Gate - Barbarossa Rugner
Nimble Jack

Guard of the Old Way

319192 Potch
250 Soldiers
125 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2006 12:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'm a Final Fantasy fan myself but I don't think that I would be able to buy a single potion. For one reason, I'm stingy. Two, I most likely will never see one, and buying things online just ain't my show. The cards on the other hand strike my attention. On many occations of cleaning my room I've gotten side tracked looking at my old Marvel X-Men cards, and my Star Wars cards. Gosh, I love those things, but as much as I love them I couldn't bring myself to pay shipping on something that would exceed the price of the item, as I said I'm stingy.
fuji

9643133 Potch
16500 Soldiers
100 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2006 3:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Haha, I wonder how long it will take for those to hit Ebay.

Square-Enix is going all out with this release. New FFXII themed playstation 2, potions, really, they're going all out. This game has more hype then, well something with a lot of hype. Hopefully it lives up to it.

___ "That's not much"

"It's enough"
Captain Hero

Forsaken Elites

194469 Potch
361 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2006 10:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Woah woah, it really is TRUE! I thought a buddy of mine was only joking around when he told me about the real life Final Fantasy potions! This is cool, in a fanboy-ish way, since I'm not that big of a Final Fantasy fan (except Final Fantasy 7, because that game is god-like!). It would be pretty cool to bring these around after a fight, and get beat up pretty bad while you're waiting for the potions to take effect. XD

Masaya

Flying Fusillades

222963 Potch
75 Soldiers
3635 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2006 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I just makes you wonder back to the old days of final fantasy.. when you could carry around like 99potions, remedys and antitotes...and whatever else items and weapons the main characters in final fantasy carried. It would be ridiculous!! Thats a mighty big backpack.. trying to stuff all of those 99 huge potions bottles inside. And after you drink it where does the emnty potion bottle go? With any rpg... it seems the main characters can just chug down tons of potions and then leave them wherever they were?! Thats major littering...
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Community Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: