Suikoden Uncanny and Irenic Kosher Oblique Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

HUGE Suikoden V update at Gamespot...IN ENGLISH!!!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Keiya

Deep Ground

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2006 7:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well, we'll find out once the game finally gets released in a few more weeks. :wink:

As far as calling the battle system 'bland', I don't think so. It's a more traditional approach to the gameplay, although they added the customization found in Suikoden 3. Hey, If it ain't broke, don't fix it. Suikoden V's just following the tried and true formula that fans loved so very much about the first 2 Suikoden games, give or take some new interesting stuff added to the mix.

But they did not do anything funky, like the pair system of Suikoden 3, or the 4-party system of Suikoden 4.

|Your kind and gentle words can't heal me now. This body's only dedicated to the never ending fight.|
Blazing Camp

Rage

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2006 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Dumb question but was it ever confirmed that the Rune of Dawn and Dusk were 2 True Ruens or combined to make one True Rune? I ask that because the pictures in the "Sun Rune,:it's looks and powers" thread shows Zealase using a rune that neither looks like the Sun/Dawn/Dusk runes, and there's supposed to be 3 True Runes in this game.
SuikodenIIIDisaster

2934 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2006 8:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well the video really disappointed me. Looks like they're using the same exact font (damage digits, similar dialogue font for the text, etc.)and sound effect (confirmation sound when entering in a choice...) system from Suikoden IV...I really don't want to be reminded of that game and they're using those two core aspects... No it's probably not a big deal to anyone else besides me but it does bug me. I do feel the font is clean and nice but I'd rather they just do it differently since this will be a new game in the series.
Thief

Truth

213998 Potch
200 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2006 9:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Oh, don't worry. I'm quite sure there will be more elements in this game that will remind you of Suikoden IV.
Calupict

Solid State Society

206885 Potch
254 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2006 10:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

El Regrs wrote:
Are those English videos available for download anywhere else? I signed up with Gamespot, but I'm having no luck with the files. I just spent the last four hours downloading the 58 meg video, but it crapped out at 52 with the message that it's corrupt. :? I tried the other files but got the same result.

You got same fate like me. Anyone willingly to put it at YSI or Megaupload?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
poorguy171

91805 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2006 11:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Whatever rune the Prince gets, I'm 99% sure that by the end of the game he will A) have combined the Dawn and Dusk Runes to make the Sun Rune, or B) by some other means, come into possesion of the Sun Rune.

Obviously, the Sun Rune plays a HUGE role in the game (on the logo, used on the Suikoden iPods, etc.) and to not give the hero such a rune would be extremely disappointing for many fans (including me).

Truth

213998 Potch
200 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2006 11:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The Sun Rune can still play a major role in the story and be the main antagonist's rune and it will be fine. It would be a nice change if the main feature rune doesn't end up in the hands of the main protagonist, for once.
Himuro

La Morte

844834 Potch
500 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2006 11:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

SuikodenIIIDisaster wrote:
Well the video really disappointed me. Looks like they're using the same exact font (damage digits, similar dialogue font for the text, etc.)and sound effect (confirmation sound when entering in a choice...) system from Suikoden IV...I really don't want to be reminded of that game and they're using those two core aspects... No it's probably not a big deal to anyone else besides me but it does bug me. I do feel the font is clean and nice but I'd rather they just do it differently since this will be a new game in the series.

I agree. Get rid of that awful confirmation noise please.

Guys you can dl the videos from ign, 1up, and other game sites. The only video those sites don't have is the interview and the other video.

Last edited by Himuro on Mon Jan 30, 2006 1:47 am; edited 1 time in total
Forum Poster

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2006 11:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Himuro wrote:

GLANG! Ha ha.

This game is already big on nostalgia, so maybe Konami will have mercy on you and grant you another Melody/Connell.
El Regrs

15501 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2006 11:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Calupict wrote:
El Regrs wrote:
Are those English videos available for download anywhere else? I signed up with Gamespot, but I'm having no luck with the files. I just spent the last four hours downloading the 58 meg video, but it crapped out at 52 with the message that it's corrupt. :? I tried the other files but got the same result.

You got same fate like me. Anyone willingly to put it at YSI or Megaupload?

I finally managed to download an English trailer at 1UP.com.

Go here and go to Download or Stream Video, and choose from either WMV or QuickTime format.

Edit: Oops, didn't see Himuro's post. Oh well.

Edit 2: I hope they fix up the grammar a bit. C'mon, actors, don't some of those lines sound funny to you? I don't want to sound like a jerk, but if the grammar in the final product is anything like what I'm seeing in these trailers, I'll gladly wait for an August release.

The acting seems... okay for the most part, but I found the best acting to be in the duels, odd as that is. The music is nice, and the story and gameplay are looking to be pretty sweet. (P.S. Was that a purple holly??)

Last edited by El Regrs on Sun Jan 29, 2006 11:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
Himuro

La Morte

844834 Potch
500 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2006 11:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Forum Poster wrote:
Himuro wrote:

This game is already big on nostalgia, so maybe Konami will have mercy on you and grant you another Melody/Connell.

Hopefully...because Suikoden IV's confirmation noise is one of the worst ever.
poorguy171

91805 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2006 12:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The only bad grammar I've seen is in some of those english screens Konami has up on their NA site. Or am I just missing something? For the most part, I think the script is great so far (especially at the Lordlake scene).

8553 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2006 12:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yeah the grammar was just fine in the videos I watched. I only saw one line that was weird (I think it was one of the queen's). I'm sure they will fix that before release though...at least I hope. And i'm VERY picky when it comes to voice acting, and I thoroughly enjoyed what I heard in the videos.
El Regrs

15501 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2006 12:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yeah, there was weird grammar in the screenshots, but there were a couple of lines that sounded off in the trailers.
Linnaeus

Meow Mages

167580 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2006 2:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

As far as the confirmation sound goes...and I may be the only one who says this...but, I don't mind it at all. I liked it right away..better than Suikoden III's confirmation sound. I think they could have been original by coming up with a new sound, but oh well. It's fine, in my opinion.

And, as far as the voice acting, I thought that was fine, too. I'm not expecting the voice acting to be so superb that it wins an award, but I'm just glad it's voice acted at all. I'm glad that it's being sent overseas for us to play at all.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Suikoden Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 8 of 10

Jump to: