Suikoden Unique and Informational Karma Original Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Suikoden V release date. Bad move?
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hiku

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2006 3:36 pm    Post subject: Suikoden V release date. Bad move? Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

For the US release date, Konami chose a very odd time to release the game.

Suikoden V - 03/28/2006

Kingdom Hearts II - 3/30/06

If you ask me, this is a very bad move for Konami. KH 2 will sell a lot, that's for sure. But Suikoden could use all the help it could get at this point, and releasing it only two days away from Square's #1 monster hit isn't a great move if you ask me.
Makes me wonder what the people over there at Konami are thinking about.

Music | Kingdom Hearts OC ReMix - Above the Rising Falls
Game | Suikoden V
Anime | Death Note
Next: ????
Vextor

11331071 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2006 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yeah, even in Japan they chose a pretty bad date for the release. Konami's marketing has never been really sharp about understanding consumers, but it seems like they havn't really improved much.
John Layfield

Last Literature D-Line

509933 Potch
9300 Soldiers
3525 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2006 3:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

This isn't the worse case scenario, at least. I think that was reached when Konami decided to match up Suikoden II against (then) Squaresoft's juggernaut, Final Fantasy VIII.

Konami could be of the view that the folks who were going to buy it will buy it either way, no matter what's released several days before or after. It's a very short-sighted view, but as SARS just said, Konami have never been very sharp on these things.

Of course, I'm the exception that proves the rule. :P I'm buying Suikoden V on release date and have no intention of buying Kingdom Hearts II on release date for full price.
One day, I shall come back. Yes, we shall all come back. Until then, there must be no regrets, no tears, no anxieties. Just go forward in all your beliefs and prove to me that I am not mistaken in mine.
skymansxeno

30626 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2006 4:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Have those release dates been announced by konami and SE? Because if they aren't they are likely to change.
Arenegeth

1978687 Potch
7000 Soldiers
150 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2006 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'm buying both as soon as possible but for me those two games are not in direct competition, RPG fans will get both or one of these games whether they are released close to each other or not.

Konami could have waited but remember that the next generation is upon us, many causal gamers a moving to the 360 simply because is next gen, any "good" games left this gen should hurry up...

Regardless is not that bad, could be worst as John pointed out, let's hope the game sells...

I don't know if it is Konami's marketing sense or their confidence on their franchises...
sdballer

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2006 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well, Konami of America finally added Suikoden V to their site and just have a generic March release date listed. They do have our first English screen shots though.
Camus the Noble

Les Renés

1056014 Potch
224 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2006 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

As skymanxeno said, release dates are fickle, and may change. However, notice that Suikoden V is coming out before Kingdom Hearts II. Truly interested Suikoden fans will probably buy it immediately as it comes out, while RPG players who have only a passing interest will notice it when they go to buy Kingdom Hearts II, and add Suikoden V to their "To play" list.

I'm not saying that this will in any way help Suikoden V, it just won't be disastrous.
Zaj I mean Mike

I just sell weapons

500 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2006 4:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

All I'm thinking is how close it is and I pre-ordered both a while ago. The store I go to dose'nt get games for a few weeks unless you pre-order.

CLERKS
Scott

Demon King's Ambition

41 Potch
1150 Soldiers
25 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2006 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I've been psyched for KH II Since I beat KH.

But it can wait. Suikoden comes first.
Himuro

La Morte

844834 Potch
500 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2006 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'm getting both that's for sure, but I had to make a choice, Suikoden comes first.

Didn't Konami delay Suikoden IV's NA release because of Halo 2 and GTASA in 2004?
Equus

Sindarin Speed Bumps of Rage

197132 Potch
0 Soldiers
2993 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2006 6:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Camus the Noble wrote:
As skymanxeno said, release dates are fickle, and may change. However, notice that Suikoden V is coming out before Kingdom Hearts II. Truly interested Suikoden fans will probably buy it immediately as it comes out, while RPG players who have only a passing interest will notice it when they go to buy Kingdom Hearts II, and add Suikoden V to their "To play" list.

I'm not saying that this will in any way help Suikoden V, it just won't be disastrous.

Ya know, that might not be a bad way to look at it. I mean, it won't help the series and its sales to get to the next level, so to speak, but it's one way of getting visibility that I hadn't even really thought about.

As for whether it'll HURT sales, I agree with the general feel that the folks who will buy Suikoden will buy Suikoden whether it releases near KH or not. Some strange demographics (that I do, admittedly take with a grain of salt) I heard from an author who did some studies into the gaming community said are that the average age of most gamers is approaching 30 now, and that the average age of the purchaser of most games is 37. So the market may be shifting a little as the gamers get older, and folks in that age range might be a little more willing to buy 2 games close to each other than might have when FFVIII came out.

Of course, this is coming from someone who will be buying Suikoden and may or may not buy Kingdom Hearts when it comes out. I probably will, sooner or later, but not right away.
Forum Poster

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2006 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

http://www.konami.com/gs/screenshots.php?id=166&pid=1&idx=3

Shoon? :lol:

Seriously, this is exactly the sort of confirmation I was looking for, and English screens to boot! I'll definitely be picking this up before Kingdom Hearts II, since if the past is any indication, this game could go easily disappear while Kingdom Hearts will be around forever.

EDIT:

Queen Arshtat and the beaver with glasses is Muroon? I wonder if those are final names for the English version?
MMan9000

Animal Rangers

3075764 Potch
275 Soldiers
400 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2006 6:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well, I'm somewhat excited about this game. I could care less when it comes out, as long as I get it.

I'm not really into Kingdom Hearts, so Suikoden V is on the top of my list.

Well, some of the names seem odd, Shoon, and Muroon? I feel that John would've been a better name for Shoon, but I digress...

Official Smoke Bomb User

Space For Rent. Contact Me for Details
Leon Silverberg

The Strategists

13318 Potch
489 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2006 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I will buy Suikoden 5 at first...i don't like Kingdom Hearts so much..becuase of those disney stuff... but i buy suikoden first because the past showed me that you should buy a Suiko when ever you get a chance to..
skymansxeno

30626 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2006 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well that's good that it will most likely come out in march. And from what I know SE doesn't have the release up yet. It just says spring 2006. And that one at gamefaqs is on a thursday. When was the last time a SE game was released on a thursday (was FFX, can't remember)? It sounds to me like KH2 might come out later. So, I wouldn't worry to much about KH2 steeling SV's thunder....at least based on release dates. LOL!

But I hope it's released before the week of the 13th. That's when spring break is. I doubt it will though. It's gonna suck barely missing it. Now I guess I will have to play Dragon Warrior 8 on that week.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Suikoden Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 1 of 7

Jump to: