Suikoden Utopian and Illegal Kraalesque Objective Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Diablo 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Keo

JutsuNinjas

1161 Potch
4 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2006 11:47 pm    Post subject: Diablo 2 Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

its a pretty good game what do you think of it
Raven

Blood Angel Sages

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2006 12:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Auuu..A very good computer game
(for some reason not many people here play computer games)
the game is alot beter than #1 in that you go diferent places and not just down down down. I usualy play as a paladin or necromancer. its nice to see that other people like it to.
Parallax

Fighting 181st

1109279 Potch
250 Soldiers
3275 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2006 4:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Hmm...well, actually, I completely disagree. I think Diablo II is a horrible game. But I'm weird like that, I disagree with what seems to be most of the world in my undying hatred of plotless hack and slash RPGs. I realize that all RPGs have lots of fighting, but with some (like Diablo 2) there is essentially no story. You chase Diablo across a few continents and then kill him. In the expansion, you go to one last continent to kill Baal. It's like a single player version of EverQuest to me.

I couldn't get into Diablo II, or Morrowind, I thought Fable's story was embarrassingly weak, didn't much care for that game. It's all the same to me. Also, despite its random area generation, I actually find Diablo II to be one of the least replayable games I can think of. I don't find there to be much variety between the various classes, despite there being, what, seven of them? Essentially, it all comes down to clicking the left mouse button about six thousand times with an occasional right click thrown in.

I just don't understand the appeal of the game. Again, though, that's me, and I'm against the world on this one, I suspect.

He's a victim - not a perp - and I'm choosing to let him go.
Starslasher

Chunks of Chaco-late.

1177790 Potch
300 Soldiers
35 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2006 9:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well, i like Diablo II. I can't help but get addicted to the game from time to time. It's not much in terms of storyline, but it's not bad. But i can't help but find the gameplay addictive. It stimulates my clicky fingers. :lol:

Bork! Bork! Bork!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Pierrot Le Fou

Rain Dogs

37957 Potch
0 Soldiers
196054 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2006 9:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Edit: Parallax, brother you're not alone! Haha

From my experience there needs to be a Diablo 2 rehabiltation support group I swear it!

Like you said Starslasher, its addicting, more addicting than just about all other MMORPGs (is that what they're called??.) I played this game for years, starting about the time of the expansion pack, 'Lord of Destruction.' Its extremely fun for awhile! Especially if you have some friends to play with and help eachother, and so you beat 'Normal.' Then you get to 'Nightmare' and the game gets boring, because thats when it gets impossible UNLESS you follow 1 of maybe 2 character builds that are made to be played casually in 'Nightmare,' much less the hardest difficulty 'Hell.' Okay so say you and a couple friends all make new characters and are told to only focus on 2 or 3 skills, and place status points in a very strict way; then you beat everything in the harder difficulties! Yea! But now what??

You know the tune, make new characters (but following the templates of course, god forbid you should get creative!) and duel them, wow that sounds like fun right? Maybe for awhile, but theres only so many times you can 'PK' as they say, before becoming bored again. Now all the 'pro' players do (back me up on this Starslasher) is 'Magic Find,' which means to hunt for the best and rarest of items. So thats what you do in Diablo 2, is 'MF' for an item that you read about, you can spend up to 30 hours for it to drop from a certain enemy. You finally get it and are so excited to have it in your possesion. Yea! But now what??

Short of that, a friend and I quit playing it around a year ago for one reason, its the loading screens. Whenever there's the black outlined loading screen with the prophet at the door, what do you see? You see yourself in the reflection of the monitor, but its not you as you should be, its something else. A zombie-like expression on your once healthy face, complete with eyes that are half closed and a drooping open jaw. I didn't like looking sedated when I was supposed to be having fun, I had to quit. I hope others like me will see the light...

My name is Pierrot, and I have a problem.
Exile

Sword Brothers

6894145 Potch
200 Soldiers
91 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2006 11:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Cow levels people. This game has cow levels.

That alone makes it great to me.

Cry woe, destruction, ruin, and decay -
The worst is death, and death will have his day.
Jossef

Beshennye Berserki

95809 Potch
200 Soldiers
23 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2006 8:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'm quite fond of this game myself, surprisingly more so the single player than the multiplayer.

I tend to enjoy these games mostly to vent any desire to feel mighty smighty and slaughter about a billion enemies and feel good as they all get decimated by my guy. That and I always love to play a game where I can be a big brutish barbarian guy.

Games tend to be where I vent any violent tendencies or any need to feel superior to something as opposed to doing it to actual people so games like this fill that criteria quite well, I guess.

Chunks of Chaco-late.

1177790 Potch
300 Soldiers
35 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2006 3:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well, Pierrot, I'm not that familir with doing Magic Finds, to be honest. For me nd my friends, all we do is go around, and if some Rare or Unique Items come our way, all the better for us then! But for me, if the Item isn't right for my character, i would stash it away (who knows, my friends might need it), or sell it. Meh.

PF wrote:
Cow levels people. This game has cow levels.

That alone makes it great to me.

You got that right, PF!

Bork! Bork! Bork!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Takemura

Darkside of the Moon

500 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2006 12:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

haha. I had this game for a while. But my friend is the biggest geek. He finds items in the game and then sells those "items" on ebay for real money!! :P man who would buy those items?!?!? For real money too!

WHen i plaeyd this game I sucked. But right before me and my freinds quit this game I sold it to my other friend who wanted to play. For 20 bucks :P But none of us played anymore :P sucker!

Chunks of Chaco-late.

1177790 Potch
300 Soldiers
35 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2006 12:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Takemura wrote:
He finds items in the game and then sells those "items" on ebay for real money!! man who would buy those items?!?!? For real money too!

You would be surprised what people put on Ebay. There was this guy in the UK auctioning his virginity. I'm not sure how that is going to work, as most of you must be thinking.

Bork! Bork! Bork!
Exile

Sword Brothers

6894145 Potch
200 Soldiers
91 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2006 9:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

If Axiose didn't like double posters, he's going to hurt you bad for triple posting and I've just stopped you from being able to delete the last one!

I can imagine how it ends, with a very old unattractive lady.

The things people sell on eBay are ranging from the sublime to the ridiculous but that's a topic for another day.

Diablo is some mad hack and slash action and I played the first one to death and then I played the second one to death. I did get tired of it after that and so I struggled to get interested in the expansion because it was more of the same and I'd already spent a massive number of hours on the actual game. I'm not one for Nightmare mode I get way too attached to my characters to let them die and on top of that I'm not the greatest player in the world so I probably would end up having my character killed off more often than not.

Now if there was a usable cow class with skills like 'Udder Destruction' that would certainly have improved it's longevity. Yes I went there with an udder joke.

Cry woe, destruction, ruin, and decay -
The worst is death, and death will have his day.
Starslasher

Chunks of Chaco-late.

1177790 Potch
300 Soldiers
35 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2006 2:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Oh crap!!!!! Oy, PF, can't you delete it for me, pretty please? I apparently don't have that ability. I just wanted to post the stupid thing, but i kept on getting this error message, and on the third try it tells me that it has been successfully posted.

EDIT: Thanks to whoever got rid of the other posts.

Bork! Bork! Bork!
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: