Suikoden Uncanny and Inspirational Kraalesque Old Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

www.videogamerecaps.com
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> Community Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jurhael

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2004 1:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I read Videogame recaps, but mainly the Final Fantasy ones. I have yet to read much else. I do post on the boards though.

As for the Luc icon. Yes, it was made by Kuwaizair for LovelyLuc on LJ, but I wasn't able to use it because it went over 40k. Eriatarka, I was going to say something about uploading the icon on another server since direct linking takes bandwidth, but you removed it, so all is well.
sybillious

Ebony Moon Knights

981865 Potch
59 Soldiers
60 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2004 1:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

just to let you *meaning jurhael* know...let the mods/admins hand out the warnings; less confusion of who's taking care of things.

Last edited by sybillious on Tue Aug 17, 2004 12:42 am; edited 1 time in total
Viewtiful Mukumuku

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2004 1:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I read those as well... great recaps there.
The Suikoden ones are some of my favorites XD
sybillious

Ebony Moon Knights

981865 Potch
59 Soldiers
60 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2004 2:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

the recaps beat the whazoo out of the fanfiction most post; it's entertaining and purposeful, unlike most fanfiction, which is just your basic crap attempt at writing.

gotta gotta get a...SPICE WEASEL!

to paraphrase my fellow mod, parallax:
I hate my job with the passionately burning intensity of a thousand fiery suns.
Celes Tilly

Buttery Lungs

290293 Potch
666 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2004 3:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Now my brain hurts... thanks, Synch. >_>
Sophita

The Wee Kitty Grand Duke Defense Brigade

498078 Potch
1330 Soldiers
2725 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2004 4:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

AAAAHHHH DON'T LOOK AT THE TIDUS IT IZZZZ EEEEEBILLLL!!!!!

sybillious wrote:
the recaps beat the whazoo out of the fanfiction most post; it's entertaining and purposeful, unlike most fanfiction, which is just your basic crap attempt at writing.

Well, every story ever written down is your basic crap attempt at writing. The only difference is fanfiction is free to publish and read and books ...aren't. :p Just as in professional fiction, there's some really good stuff...and then there's some really bad stuff. I don't think it's fair to malign all fanfiction with the same stroke. Yes, most of it is crap (but then again, so is most of the content on the 'net) but there are folks who do a darn good job writing it.

I don't see how recaps are any more purposeful than fanfiction. Both rely on you having played the game (for the most part) to figure them out and most recaps only touch on the broadest of storyline points. Entertaining is more debatable; IMO both have their good and bad points, and I enjoy both.

SCII month continues! DueFiumi.com
John Layfield wrote:
But bubbles... children love bubbles! XD
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
sybillious

Ebony Moon Knights

981865 Potch
59 Soldiers
60 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2004 10:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

the difference, really, is that i'm not willing to sift through tons of fanfic garbage to get to the few good ones, while links to sites like gamecaps are usually shared among gamers and easier to access.

i never said all of it was crap; just most of it...big difference.

Last edited by sybillious on Tue Aug 17, 2004 12:43 am; edited 1 time in total
Snowe Vingerhut

Snowe's Legion

10109 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2004 10:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I tihnk 'imb lind atfer goin to aprl fooolink!

i was sttin too clos to the scren..;
Eggith Cyrene

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2004 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I read the first page and a half of the suiko recap. I didnt like it at all. I had to draw the line after Suikoden was compared with the crappiness that is FF8.

Suikoden 5 didnt make me less of a fan; it restored my faith after the abomination that was suikoden 4.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Deleted User 1

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2004 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

is the person who runs this site a male or female

kinda hard to put a gender on such immaturity (as funny as some stuff is, hehe)
Eriatarka

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2004 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Jeanne is female...

and she actually likes the game...the harder they bash the game the more they like it...FF8 and FF10 dont count in that tho.

They only compare it to FF8 in terms of blantantly gay characters...aka Gremio.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Kilawher

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2004 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

This site actually made me laugh aloud...and when I try to cover up a laugh I snort, so my family was looking at me like I was crazy...
Keriaku

Angels' Requiem

114115 Potch
0 Soldiers
1 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2004 9:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I go there every once in a while, but usually I don't get past the first 1-2 parts of a recap for a game. That April's Fool joke was funny, I just read it, and I actually read all of it... lol >_<
Deleted User 1

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2004 11:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

sybillious wrote:

that's not a very nice thing to say. Don't bash creativity. I've never written a fanfic, but some people really put their all into writing. No need to 'flame' them flame champion
Alseid

The right King of all bastards

4938 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2004 12:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

streetlight_manifesto wrote:
is the person who runs this site a male or female

kinda hard to put a gender on such immaturity (as funny as some stuff is, hehe)

What's so immature about it? It's supposed to be a humour website. They're supposed to make fun of the games they recap, that's the whole concept.

Now, some people that go ballistic because they cracked a joke at their oh so precious favourite character, that's immature.

All the way to the edge of this world
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> Community Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: