Suikoden Ugly and Inspirational Karma Omniscient Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Minor Suikoden Annoyances...
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Windchampionluc

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2004 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Elc wrote:
My personal minor annoyances for...

Suikoden III

No Hix and Tengaar. At the end of Suikoden II, they had gone off once again, with Tengaar determined to make the blase Hix a warrior. Surely they could have found their way to the Grasslands, perhaps even accompanying Lilly Pendragon.

I couldn't agree with you more!
Windchampionluc

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2004 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Locke wrote:
The only annoyance I have is in Suikoden 2. Could someone please tell me what Marlowe actually does when he joins you? He doesn't fight, he's not in the army battles. Also he doesn't run any shops, libraries or other things, he's just there. That and his all I'm not special or anything. If thats so go back to Tinto and be done with it.

I'm sorry, but even he can't be beat my Esmeralda lack of importance. She was Konami worst conceived character ever!
Locke

Poker of Doom

157293 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2004 12:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Wow, Marlowe is writing a biography of Riou. Talk about major importance....What good does that do in the gameplay of the game? Absoultely nothing. Thats the point that I was getting at.

And since Riou ran off after he led the army to a victory how can Marlowe continue this biograhy? The only person who knows that they ran off is Shu, and he didn't tell anyone.

I can see it now, Marlowe writes that Riou led the State army to victory and vanished into history. A biograhy of a what 17 year old kid? Unless you're King Tut, not so thrilling?

And Esmerlada, wan't she the one with the opal ring and did nothing? Okay, yeah, if thats her she is tied with Marlowe then.

3 Time Suikox WWE Fantasy Champion
Aurelien

1567728 Potch
0 Soldiers
157 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2004 1:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:
Wow, Marlowe is writing a biography of Riou. Talk about major importance....What good does that do in the gameplay of the game? Absoultely nothing. Thats the point that I was getting at.

Well no one was arguing with you. Nutflush only answered your question there of what he did once he joined Jowston army. While he had no gameplay role at all, he did help a bit during "distracting Neclord" in Tinto along with Koyu if you chose to run away and then come back to continue the game. It was amusing IMO and good to see how Marlowe sort of played the role of a hero. But you're right that he had zero gameplay role other than being 1 of the 108 SoDs.

Quote:
And since Riou ran off after he led the army to a victory how can Marlowe continue this biograhy? The only person who knows that they ran off is Shu, and he didn't tell anyone.

I can see it now, Marlowe writes that Riou led the State army to victory and vanished into history. A biograhy of a what 17 year old kid? Unless you're King Tut, not so thrilling?

Well Riou was a big hero in Jowston during the Dunan Unification War. So I think Marlowe just made the biography mostly emphasizing on the war and the things that happened prior to that. It definitely would be interesting enough IMO. The fact that Riou ran away would only boost the sales I think.

Quote:
And Esmerlada, wan't she the one with the opal ring and did nothing? Okay, yeah, if thats her she is tied with Marlowe then.

Yup, that's Esmeralda, the one with the Opal (not Opal ring). While she's not a fighting character, you could still use her in the major battle (though that's nothing special because everyone got involved in S1's major battles). So IMO, she's a bit more useful than Marlowe from the gameplay sense, though still not *that* useful.

~City-States of Jowston and Tinto Republic~
06.06.2004 - 20.01.2008

Windchampionluc

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2004 3:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Esmeralda still shouldn't have been conceived by Konami. She was annoying, complained alot and practically if you didn't have a strategy guide or hint, you wouldn't know where or how to get the item that she was asking for. And when you do figure it out, it takes a while to get it. All that trouble for someone as useless as a door stop on a non swinging door! At least Marlowe was an automatically joined character
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Suikoden Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5

Jump to: