Suikoden Uncouth and Irenic Knowledge Old Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Minor Suikoden Annoyances...
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Excalibur1027

The Dark Ones Own Luck

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
15000 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2004 1:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Njord wrote:
It was Guillaume... I never really knew the reason of making him a non-combat star when he fought us three times in one-on-one duels and even when he does has some Skills (Fire, Damage, and other things) other than the Appraisal Skill.

Another thing that I didn't understand is why the bother of giving him these skills when we can't use him in battle (use him as a combat star not as a support star).

Therefore, these are the most things that irritated me about him.

That's true, but many of the characters in S3 had skills that really made no sense for them to have. Look at Seargent Joe for example. He has a B+ in Chanting Volume, but he can't even use a Joungler rune! I think thay may have put those skills on him with the intention of makeing him a fighting character, but I guess they just got lazey.

Magic Malcolm wrote:
From what I've heard about him, I think Guillame is a minor annoyance in himself...if anyone can justify his existence, then please do so...

While I agree that Guillame is annoying, at least he's more ... "interesting" than Jabba and Lebrante were. :roll:

Scarlet Demon's Fangs

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2004 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Nutflush wrote:

-Neclord was much much harder than the final boss

I never beat Suikoden I so I can't comment on Neclord being much harder than the final boss. I CAN, however, say that Neclord was indeed a very hard boss. Before my game data was erased from my memory card (I hate PSX memory cards somtimes...) I got up to the battle with Neclord and... got my butt kicked about five times by that damned bloodsucker. I gave up on the game for a while but when I came back to look for my file it was gone.. along with every other game save so m'eh, have to restart.

Nutflush wrote:

-(Can't believe no one has mentioned this.) The soundtrack. Seriously, after wandering through some of these places I either have to mute my TV or I actually fall asleep playing! Especially the Plains Amur. Play too long their and I'm out cold. And other tracks just don't have the same appeal as the ones in the previous games. SII's soundtrack is probably the best out of any game I've played.

I loved Suikoden II's soundtrack! Although I don't think every track of Suikoden III was bad I must say it was lacking in quality. Some of it was pretty good ("The One on the Way" I liked a lot) but just a few selected tracks. ;P I was pretty disappointed there, too. SII was my first game in the series and the soundtrack was always a defining point. Although I love SIII, I must agree with the fact that some of the music made me want to fall asleep... or put something on from SII.
Alseid

The right King of all bastards

4938 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2004 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Strange, but i've never had any problems with Neclord. If i have Tir, it'll take one turn. If i don't have Tir, it'll take up to 3 turns.

All the way to the edge of this world
TheAngelicSin

Scarlet Demon's Fangs

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2004 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Maybe you're just a better gamer :wink:

15501 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2004 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I think they're referring to Neclord in the first Suikoden, not the second. :)

But even Neclord in the first game wasn't that hard if you had a water rune (I think I gave one to Cleo).
TheAngelicSin

Scarlet Demon's Fangs

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2004 4:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

El Regrs wrote:

But even Neclord in the first game wasn't that hard if you had a water rune (I think I gave one to Cleo).

Oh? I'll remember this the next time I try going through Suikoden I then.
Percival

Go Go Power Rangers

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2004 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I can hardly remember any of Suikoden 3's music, which I've poured over 30 hours into... While I can still hum music from the other two =\ They were really trying hard for a "theatrical" feel in Suiko3. The only songs I remember are the opening and 'Searching for a Hero' ^^;
Njord

Island Nationeers

218645 Potch
1478 Soldiers
300 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2004 8:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Excalibur1027 wrote:
Njord wrote:
It was Guillaume... I never really knew the reason of making him a non-combat star when he fought us three times in one-on-one duels and even when he does has some Skills (Fire, Damage, and other things) other than the Appraisal Skill.

Another thing that I didn't understand is why the bother of giving him these skills when we can't use him in battle (use him as a combat star not as a support star).

Therefore, these are the most things that irritated me about him.

That's true, but many of the characters in S3 had skills that really made no sense for them to have.

You're right and I do agree with you but at least the other characters didn't have more than one or even two unused skills and not like Guillaume who have more than four unused skills which makes him on top of my most annoying characters.

Excalibur1027 wrote:
Look at Seargent Joe for example. He has a B+ in Chanting Volume, but he can't even use a Joungler rune! I think thay may have put those skills on him with the intention of makeing him a fighting character, but I guess they just got lazey

Yeah... it's such a disappointment not seeing him use a Jongleur Rune... I really wanted to see a singing duck but I guess they didn't think that singing would fit his personality that much. :)

Faithers of the Defend

186551 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2004 4:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

El Regrs wrote:
I think they're referring to Neclord in the first Suikoden, not the second. :)

I always keep the Fire rune on Cleo (it seems important, seeing as how Leknaat personally gave it to her).

As long as each character has 2 mega-medicines to heal themselves, I can make it through the fight in about 5-6 turns. I seem to only have 2 people attacking (Tir and Viktor) and the rest just try to stay alive.

That boss in Seek Valley was also ridiculous the first few play-throughs.

Maybe I'm not saying how hard Neclord was, just how easy the final battle was compared to some of the other bosses.

It's hard to bargle naudle zauss with all these marbles in my mouth.
El Regrs

15501 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2004 7:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

To be honest, the Fire Rune isn't too impressive to me after the Elves' quest...I tend to trade it in for a better rune...or a different mage.
Elc

Rebel of Babylon

1138266 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2004 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Percival, I agree about the music to Suikoden III. With the exception of the opening, I'll have vague "memories" of music which I think are from Suikoden III. But even after I play some of the game over, I forget the music almost entirely.

In contrast, I can recall the music from the Suikoden IV trailers, whether or not that music will actually be used in the final game, I'm not sure. There are times when I play games while listen to the radio with earphones, though that's usually late at night when others are sleeping.

But with Suikoden and Suikoden II, I can still recall tracks from the games moreso than I can Suikoden III. I think the one musical track from a video game which I can recall maybe too clearly is the Cosmo Canyon theme from Final Fantasy VII. (The Golden Saucer music coming in a close second, but you're in trouble if you get that music stuck in your head :wink: )

"You make me smash the clock and feel, I'd rather die behind the wheel.
Time was never on my side, So on I wait my whole lifetime."
Master Varg

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2004 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Here are some of my "annoyances":

Suikoden 1;

- when characters with "S" are forced on your team, taking a place in the back so they can't help in the fight.

- When you get the "superboat" (the yellow one), you actually have to get a character on your team who can handle boats. I went up and got Yam Koo, but I needed Tai Ho. >_<

- You get items that you can't sell, so you have to throw them away. (Opal, Nameless urn .e.tc)

- You can't play with Esmeralda. :(

Suikoden 2;

- Nanami, Shu and Ridley! *yuk!!!*

- The backgroundmusic in South Window. It's sound to much like "Doop".

- That the story "forces" you to do a lot of things, like going in the right direction, taking characters with you to keep the story "correct". It gives quite a fakey feeling for me when replaying.

- Nobody accepts "NO!".

- If you take out Nanami from the team with the Matilda cheat, when you get to Muse the game crashes, because it has to load her comments. So you have to stick with her....

- All the sleeping. "Go to bed, Go to bed, Pilika is tired, let's go to bed, let's stay at a hotel..."

- You can't have Yam Koo in fighting. (I like Yam Koo :) )

- Options that don't matter. Like the "Cut their heads off."

Suikoden 3;

- That you can't choose whether to sit or not sit on Chris horse. It's quite annoying in small areas to sit on a horse. Other times, I'd liked to use the horse.

- Caleria camera-angle when you enter.

- That every Trolldragon attacks Roland.

I haven't played Suikoden 3 in a while, so I can't think of more....

- Viktor, Suikoden 1
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Dakota

Protectors of the Deeper Well

1300636 Potch
69 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2004 12:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The only Suikoden I have annoyances with is 3....
Kenji being there gawd I hate him.
Futch still sucks.
The real Flame champion is dead
well thas' about it.
Locke

Poker of Doom

157293 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2004 12:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The only annoyance I have is in Suikoden 2. Could someone please tell me what Marlowe actually does when he joins you? He doesn't fight, he's not in the army battles. Also he doesn't run any shops, libraries or other things, he's just there. That and his all I'm not special or anything. If thats so go back to Tinto and be done with it.

3 Time Suikox WWE Fantasy Champion
Noot

Faithers of the Defend

186551 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2004 8:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Marlowe is writing a biography of Riou.

It's hard to bargle naudle zauss with all these marbles in my mouth.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Suikoden Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5

Jump to: