Suikoden Unique and Infamous Kibbutz Oblique Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

A question about Luca....
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Backstory, History & Plot Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Deleted User 1

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2004 5:17 pm    Post subject: A question about Luca.... Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I just started playing Suikoden 2 for like the 5th time and at the start when Luca orcestrates the Unicorn Brigade Massacre when Riou and Jowy are listening to him and Captain Rowd talk...Luca says i wish i would of joined in the action...I'm getting rusty all I've been fighting is with that old man....Is he referring to Han Cunningham?
MMan9000

Animal Rangers

3075764 Potch
275 Soldiers
400 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2004 6:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I think he is referring to his father (Agares Blight) but who knows....

Official Smoke Bomb User

Space For Rent. Contact Me for Details
Fayt

Blades at Dawn

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2004 6:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I believe his referring to Han... after all he was trained by Han I believe.

It would be the most normal thing for him to practice with Han.
And1balla

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2004 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Ya, I think he was talking about Han too... I don't think he would fight Agares Blight...
Thanks
And1balla
NeonMouko

Fierce Tigers

116367 Potch
419 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2004 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Originally I thought it was his father... but then I realized that was more verbal fighting, not physical fighting.

That'd mean that the only people who could both physically fight him and fall under the category of "old man" would be Kiba or Han... and while Han's training Luca, Kiba wasn't overly fond of the prince and would most likely not leap at the chance to spar with him. So that made me think he means Han.

... Though I think everyone's kind of answered this already, I'm just throwing my two cents in!
Edge Riou

Brotherhood of Strife; Fate

311768 Potch
11 Soldiers
724673 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2004 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yeah, I thought he was talking about Han also.

Flame of the West

2849957 Potch
200 Soldiers
46 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2004 9:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'm quite sure he's talking about gares Blight, since he was not on good terms with his father, and he was always flighting with him, or in other words arguing.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Ikano

Prince Geass Falenas

2327939 Potch
1337 Soldiers
3028000 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2004 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

It sound like he means Agares Blight. If he was talking about Han I don't think he'd be 'getting rusty'
Han is a good swordsman, is he not?

I think he's talking abought 'fighting verbally' with his father.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Kohaku

Red Veil

309182 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2004 12:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

It would probably be Agares. The reason is, Luca as a prince means that he is the second in military power in Highland, the only one stronger than him is the king. And we knew that his raw power is the strongest in highland, right? which mean no general in the highland army could beat him. Han is loyal to Agares and he wouldn't do anything out of the king's order. Throughout the game we knew that Luca hate Agares from the bottom of his heart, which means he must have considered his father as his enemy. And that goes my oppinion...

44244 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2004 10:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I've seen this same question answered by Blue Moon a long time ago. Luca refers to his father Agares indeed, since they had disagreements about the war.

Agares was about to sign a peace treaty with Jowston while Luca wanted to lead the army and resume the war. That's the "fighting" he refers to.
Seiferalmasy1930

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2004 11:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Hmmmm , but now that I am thinking about Luca ,

How the hell did he got so strong and so time consuming to kill ? When I fought him he keeps on summoning flames to empower him and slashes my party members by rows and columns .

I mean , what would fuel that kind of power that he has ?

Visit Kika or get your Kika goodies at :

http://www.geocities.com/seiferia/kikaindex.html
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Excalibur1027

The Dark Ones Own Luck

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
15000 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2004 12:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Seiferalmasy1930 wrote:
Hmmmm , but now that I am thinking about Luca ,

How the hell did he got so strong and so time consuming to kill ? When I fought him he keeps on summoning flames to empower him and slashes my party members by rows and columns .

I mean , what would fuel that kind of power that he has ?

Konami explained that Luca uses some kind of item that he has to put his sword in flames. Last I heard they haven't really gone into too much detail about it other than that it's just an item Luca posseses, not a rune or anything else like that.

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2004 12:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

It must have been one of those Harmonian amulets that would grant him that awesome power ......

Visit Kika or get your Kika goodies at :

http://www.geocities.com/seiferia/kikaindex.html
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Axiose

Altruistic Apparitions

100019091 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2004 12:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Konami have also stated that Luca is/was physically the strongest living human being ever. But no actually explination as to why...

[Axiose] [Fliktor]
Kobold

35491 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2004 1:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Luca wouldn't call Han an old man. He should have respects for Han if not anyone else. Han DID save he and his mother's life. Thus, i believe if there is anyone he respects or whatever, it would be Han.

Thus, it is unlikely he will speak about Han in such a skeptical and unfeeling manner even if he is unfeeling... He doesn't hate Han, so no need to belittle him. Just like you don't see Luca talking about his subbordinates in such a manner. He has no need to.

As for why he's strong... Well, i suppose anger and revenge has driven him to train himself so thoroughly that he managed to master a peerless fighting ability, capable of taking on several skilled fighters as well as hundreds of soldiers.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Backstory, History & Plot Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: