Suikoden Uncanny and Illusional Kibbutz Orgazmic Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Lazlo proof
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hell_Fire

3000 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2006 11:44 pm    Post subject: Lazlo proof Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

One of my friends refuses to call Hero4 Lazlo as he beleives there is no proof that it's actually his name. Does someone please direct me to somewhere with proof that it's the name his adopted family gave him? (IF that is the case) Thanks.

Suikoden Role Play - Players wanted
AA

Spears of the Sand

366104 Potch
200 Soldiers
3121 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2006 11:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

its not really offical, but its close enough. the name comes from the novalistaion of suikoden 4.

Incidently the names for tir and riou also came from the novels of suikoden 1+2 respectivly

hope that helps somewhat.
Axiose

Altruistic Apparitions

100019091 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2006 6:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Ayda's correct. The name is about official as Tir and Riou. It depends what your friend wants to call him or not, but for most people calling him Lazlo is generally accepted as "official as it gets" and people know who you're talking about. For me it's easier to call him Lazlo than Hero4 which is just an annoying name to go by.

[Axiose] [Fliktor]
Admiral Ackbar

Seekers of Hawke's Hot Stuff

1008758 Potch
100 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2006 1:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The names have gained their popularity because of the on-line community. Everyone was tired of saying "Hero2" all the time, so they adopted the names used in the novels.

^Actual quote!
Scarlet Assassin

Disciples of Death

331436 Potch
0 Soldiers
2442517 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2006 12:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I liked it better when we all called him Konami or Dennis.

Chief of Beat-em-up Honeys Division, Devoted Protector of Lady Tifa Lockhart
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Thief

Truth

213998 Potch
200 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2006 7:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Sadly Konami hasn't get tired with calling their main characters "Main Character" or "Konami" yet. That's good enough proof to see that these names are nowhere near being the official names.
AA

Spears of the Sand

366104 Potch
200 Soldiers
3121 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2006 7:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

hmm dennis, i like it. forget Lazlo we have a new hero
Tonberry

The Tonberry Eggsperience

1819401 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2006 10:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

We need default, but changeable names. It would make life so much easier.

Last edited by Tonberry on Sat Jan 21, 2006 10:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
Username

Kanaria, Most Intelligent Rozen Maiden

591783 Potch
0 Soldiers
4561620 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2006 11:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

But where is the fun in that. What makes this series fun is that there's a lot of things to talk about. And always new things for most of us to learn about the game. Having no name is fun because it generates a sudo -official name. Which is fun because it means that we'll always have the option. If people don't like the novel names then they don't have to use it. People know who Hero# is just like the pet name (be it Konami, Dennis, or the Novel names.) Just remember that they aren't official just novel names that make us fell like we know the character a bit more. We don't but we still fell that way! I mean a silent hero doesn't have a ton of personality (Lazlo has to most due to his talkative nature in Rhaps.)

The pursuit of symmetry... Death The Kid, Patty and Liz.

SSBB Friend Code: Ace / 4339-2163-7352
RedCydranth

Ice Dragons

3650446 Potch
194 Soldiers
100 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2006 11:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I think what Everyone's Grudge was saying was he wants a name like Ryu from Breath of Fire or most of the names on Final Fantasy. A name that he's officially called but should the player dislike it, he or she can change it at his disgression.

Personally, no matter what the name of the hero, if it is changable I always change it to Red. Actually games that install a non changable name rather irk me because I no longer feel a personal connection. As I play video games I like to get involved in the story and the other charascters saying Red places me, if only for that temporary time, in the fantasy world created.

I agree that the name Lazlo isn't the wisest name but if that is what it is, its not really negotiable. At least Lazlo is a rwal name. Tir and Riou aren't real names, or if they are, they aren't widely known. Riou could be a deviation of Ryu which is the name of random heroes or japanese guys in video games it seems. (Street Fighter, Breath of Fire series, Ninja Gaiden). And Tir sounds like what I did when my cat ran away. But I accept these names bevause its what was stated as their accepted names. As much as I dislike the name Ryu for the character in Breath of Fire, I will still refer him as such.

If your friend direly wants to fight this send him here and have him sign up and we'll cram it down his throat and get your back on this. And if we're lucky he'll be a decent guy and stick around and be active on the site, you know?

One of the reasons I disliked Suikoden Tactics, actually the only reason, is that you couldn't rename Kyril. Albeit if you finished Suikoden IV, there would be a self named character there. But I liked the customization of naming the hero and that wasn't present.

Fantasy Football (NFL) Sign Ups in Sports Forum!
Zaj I mean Mike

I just sell weapons

500 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2006 11:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I think the question was if that was always Lazlo's name no he was the Oble prince so that was his name {whatever it was} Lazlo was what Glen named him Glen was there when the Oble Queen used the rune and found him in the water after he fell over board.

CLERKS
Scarlet Assassin

Disciples of Death

331436 Potch
0 Soldiers
2442517 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2006 12:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Zaj I mean Mike wrote:
I think the question was if that was always Lazlo's name no he was the Oble prince so that was his name {whatever it was} Lazlo was what Glen named him Glen was there when the Oble Queen used the rune and found him in the water after he fell over board.

Are you sure he was there? I was under the impression that Lazlo was found by Lord Vingerhunt or Snowe.

Chief of Beat-em-up Honeys Division, Devoted Protector of Lady Tifa Lockhart
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Jorge Prima

La Raza de Héroes y Protectores de Osito

938390 Potch
1120 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2006 12:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Scarlet assassin wrote:
Zaj I mean Mike wrote:

Are you sure he was there? I was under the impression that Lazlo was found by Lord Vingerhunt or Snowe.

Maybe he had a tag around his neck :)

J et J

Angelus on Aftershave wrote:
But it stings SO GOOD.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Vextor

11331071 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2006 1:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

He was named by the people of Razril, and the townfolk named him Lazlo. The name comes from Razril, but because Japanese people can't tell the difference between R and L, he ends up being Lazlo (instead of Razlo).
Thief

Truth

213998 Potch
200 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2006 6:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Maybe they were aiming for "Razro" instead?

I like the name Lazlo though. If only it was a default proper, then I wouldn't have to continue holding back from using it and contributing in confusing others about the not-quite-official status of the name.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Character Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: