Suikoden Uncanny and Irenic Kraalesque Objective Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Riou and jowy's immortality status?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bright Shield Rune bearer

:)

5591 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2006 8:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

True rune of begining is created to have two aspects.

Theory:

True rune of Begining is bringing two friends/brothers into combat, making them to face each other. In the end, they are being given a choice wehether they'll continue to fight until one of them dies, or fight until they realize that friendship/brotherhood is important, not prooving who is right or wrong.

So True rune of Begining is combined when one of them wins and takes the oder half (which brings me to conclusion that that option is not on the menu, Han defeated Genkaku, nobody gained true rune, they sealed it into the cave). Other option is that one of them kills another one and doing that he earns the other half ( such case is not known). Third option is (which i belive is the right one), after the battle, and after realizing that fight is not 'the right' way of doing things. One must ask for forgivness and other one has to forgive. Two aspects of true rune are being recognised as 'brothers' and they unite. Leaving two aspects on two bearers (this is confirmed, after you get the good ending, just after the fight, before you go to Shu, enter the menu and you'll see that Jowy still has dark Sword rune) giving them the power of True rune through some yet unknown method (maby combination of DS and BS).
And as for imortality. I think that DS and BS aren't giving imortality unless they're combined into the True rune of Begining. And after they're recognised as 'brothers' not enemies anymore, they give imortality to two bearers.

This just MAY be an option, it's just a theory.
I have another theory but it concerns Nordian mythology, which includes lot more speculations. So let's just leave it like this :P
Tokuro

White Storms

22016 Potch
0 Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2006 12:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I don't really know if Riou and Jowy could be immortal by bearing the halfs of the beggining rune. My guess is no becuase in the good end you never see them sealing the halfs of the begining rune. And why would they do that? I am sure they neither of them would want immortality because of Nanami. As the flame champion give it away his true fire for Sana, Riou and Jowy would too seal away their runes to grow old with Nanami (that is a theory too, but considering their personalities I think that is what would happen)
Buff

Venus Doom

242611 Potch
0 Soldiers
6886538 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2006 2:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:
I don't really know if Riou and Jowy could be immortal by bearing the halfs of the beggining rune.

it may not be the full true rune, but they are still true runes. since they have half i would say that they would age slower than usual, but they could also still be immortal.

Devoted protector of Ferid and Arshtat
Vextor

11331071 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2006 3:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Official info is that Riou and Jowy are not immortal, and they will live just as long as any other normal human being. Once they die, their runes will return to the shrine where they found the runes.
Buff

Venus Doom

242611 Potch
0 Soldiers
6886538 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2006 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

that's interesting. is it said why the runes would go back to that specific shrine and not just some where else?

Devoted protector of Ferid and Arshtat
Ujitsuna

Red Shoes Dance

936547 Potch
12000 Soldiers
675 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2006 7:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Sars wrote:
Official info is that Riou and Jowy are not immortal, and they will live just as long as any other normal human being. Once they die, their runes will return to the shrine where they found the runes.

Yeah for some other Dunanian fools to inherit and start a war with.
Fudozukushi

The Fudozukushi Minion Army!

1081894 Potch
250 Soldiers
143 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2006 3:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Some runes just seem drawn to certain locations.
Valec

Maniacs with Hammers

1947 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2006 1:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

That sort of pulls a question to mind... What happened to the true wind rune after Luc died?? Did it return to wherever it was enshrined?
Ujitsuna

Red Shoes Dance

936547 Potch
12000 Soldiers
675 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2006 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Hey wait, how do Genkaku and Han get the sindarian statues that hold the runes in Toto? Well there are Sindar ruins to the west...
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Character Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: