Suikoden Ugly and Inspirational Kriegspiel Oblique Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Riou and jowy's immortality status?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
mergle

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2006 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Thanks!
Valec

Maniacs with Hammers

1947 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2006 7:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I have an argument here...

*POSSIBLE SPOILERS*
If you get all 108 stars before the part where Nanami gets injured in Matilda by Gorudo, ( Yes it is possible. I've done it.) finish the last battle. Refuse the job offered by Shu and meet Jowy at the mark. DO NOT ATTACK HIM A SINGLE TIME. Choose the options like 'I don't want to fight you' and defend during the duel every single time. Jowy will exhaust himself and collapse. Choose not to take his rune each time and Leknaat will appear and unite the two halves without killing Jowy. The rune of beginning is formed between the two of them. Then you go back to Shu and he tells you Nanami did not die, but is in your home in Kyaro. You go there and the game ends with the three reunited. Now, the rune of beginning has been formed and supposedly stays that way as long as they are together. (I think each half stayed with the respective wielders) I would think from all the explanations given, this would somewhat pertain to the gate rune division.

Any challenges to my info?
Br4ve

Team Brave

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2006 1:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Im sure I read somewhere maybe even on sars that those who get a true rune at a young age continue to age but at a slower rate? Eh then again as you've been saying they don't exactly hold true runes so this would cancel out that factor.

Even at his most powerless mans existance is never without meaning...
Elzamine

Verse of Vitality

1798792 Potch
500 Soldiers
1 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2006 2:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

As for the aging while having a true rune...
It's hard to say really, the only one I can even think to try and compare to is Luc or Sasarai. Luc looks like he aged from I/II to the span to III where he looks older. That said though, it could just be the different art style that makes it appear that way.

Sasarai made a comment about looking 30 to the flame champion too, implying that he thinks he looks that age. While I don't think he looks 30.. he's obviously not a child either.

Frankly though, Luc and Sasarai were born from the true runes and still aged, only to a point though. Now, you could argue it's different for them since they were created by the runes, or for them, whichever..

On the flip side, you could argue that the true runes prevent decay. It will let the body meet the fruit of adulthood, but then it stops the ageing ,or downfall of the body once it hits it's peak growth point.. or for those who get it in the later years, stops the decay at where it is.

Just speculation anyhow ^^

-My DeviantArt-
Axiose

Altruistic Apparitions

100019091 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2006 3:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Valec, I don't think Leknaat united the two runes. She healed Jowy, so he and Riou could keep their respective halves and Jowy didn't have to die. I'm quite sure that in the "good" ending you mentioned above that the Rune of Beginning.

Br4ve is correct. A person who gets a True Rune when they're of a young age, will continue to age until puberty - though the exact age is different for each person (obviously) it's around their teens.

[Axiose] [Fliktor]
Vextor

11331071 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2006 10:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yeah, the corollary that "Those who receive true runes at a young age MAY continue to phisically age until they reach the rough equivalent of a 16-18 year old body, but this depends on the will of the bearer and the rune" was mentioned in one of the Genso Suiko Shinsho, an official publication by Konami for suikoden fans.
Buff

Venus Doom

242611 Potch
0 Soldiers
6886538 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2006 3:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Axiose wrote:
Valec, I don't think Leknaat united the two runes. She healed Jowy, so he and Riou could keep their respective halves and Jowy didn't have to die. I'm quite sure that in the "good" ending you mentioned above that the Rune of Beginning.

ummm lenkaat didn't heal jowy. it was riou's bright shield rune that healed him up. after that happened then lenkaat shows up.

Devoted protector of Ferid and Arshtat
Axiose

Altruistic Apparitions

100019091 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2006 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Ah well. I havn't played that part for so long now. I do remember that she did not combine the True Runes in the good ending though.

[Axiose] [Fliktor]
Krawnik

Groundhog Pirates

4500 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2006 6:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I seem to recall Leknaat saying something along the lines of "The Rune of Beginning shows itself when the Black Sword Rune and the Bright Shield Rune bearers face eachother in combat", didn't she? I always thought Jowy was healed because the Rune of Beginning temporarily showed up and healed him, since he and Riou fought eachother in personal combat.

Or maybe I'm just totally hallucinating?

416- friggin' racists, messing up my generalizations, also stealing my jobs, women.
RIP Ninjalicious
Valec

Maniacs with Hammers

1947 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2006 7:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I just did the scene a few moments ago and it seems the rune did temporarily show up and heal both of them. I'm not so sure on the details of the whole situation though. I could always put up a full script to help clear things up, but even labeled, that is a heavy spoiler.
Vextor

11331071 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2006 7:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'd bet on the hallucination.
Valec

Maniacs with Hammers

1947 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2006 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

... What are you talking about?

The scene in Toto???
Buff

Venus Doom

242611 Potch
0 Soldiers
6886538 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2006 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Valec wrote:
... What are you talking about?

The scene in Toto???

you are way off. we are talking about the very end of the game.

Quote:
I just did the scene a few moments ago and it seems the rune did temporarily show up and heal both of them.

the rune of begining didn't show up. riou's bright shield rune goes off and heals up jowy i believe and it only heals up jowy since jowy used to much of his rune when trying to hold back the beast rune.

Quote:
I do remember that she did not combine the True Runes in the good ending though.

no she does not combine them.

Devoted protector of Ferid and Arshtat
Tokuro

White Storms

22016 Potch
0 Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2006 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yeah Jowy was healed by the bright shield. A question that I have is why Jowy got that "near death" thingsimply by using his rune before. IS this supposed to happen with true runes as well or it was just because Jowy had only half of a rune?
Valec

Maniacs with Hammers

1947 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2006 10:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Then why did Leknaat say that short speech about the rune??

I'll have to restudy the script... This is utterly confusing me.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Character Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: